Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get in bed and watch YT/Netflix an hour before I try to fall asleep, and usually have no issues.

Right now I've been trying to go to sleep for the past 4 hours ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Usually less than 5-10, sometimes under stress up to 3 hours. Depends

Yoga and eating plant-based foods helps me cope with the stress (I'm at Dental School).
    Smoking weed helps too, if I am high and tired I can sleep instantly lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Sleep is very important for good health. How long does it take you to fall asleep, or how long do you give yourself to fall asleep before you give up?
    I can't really give up because I gotta work the next day but it does take me forever and a half to fall asleep on weekdays because I have to go earlier. On the weekends I go to bed when I'm tired so it's not so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I'm as snug as a bug in a rug, it usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account
    It used to take me 1-2 hours to get to sleep until my mid twenties. Cannabis would help greatly.
    These days I no longer smoke due to job and living in a state full of self-righteous pricks but my routine seems to have helped. I basically am up till 1-2 am and wake up at 7am to go to work. My 2 year old wakes me an average of 4 times a night...worst sleeper EVER! So I basically live on 4-5 hours of sleep. Don't think I have entered REM sleep but a handful of times in 2 years lol. So, because of this I fall asleep within 5-10 minutes now. 1-2 weekend days a month I will fall into a mini coma and sleep for 12 hours straight if wife is off and gets up with kids.

Whatever, plenty of time for rest when you are dead.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

7+ Year Old Account
    1 min...then boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 hour for me, might of been longer as a kid. I always feel more tired then usual when I wake up. X_X
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If within my regular sleep pattern I would fall asleep within 15 minutes. If not, can take up to 2 hours... and if dead tired within 5 minutes.

Watching something oftend has me nodding off...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    On good nights, between 45-60 minutes. On unpleasant nights, 60-90 minutes. When insomnia kicks in, hours. Usually to the point where I get frustrated and get up and do some other things for a while.

EDIT: Thinking of picking up melatonin gummies and trying them out...

I want to try to go to bed later, at 10:30, but one night, I went to bed at 9:45 and didn't sleep at all that night. I'm worried I'll be up all night if I try to go to bed later again.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Smoking weed helps too, if I am high and tired I can sleep instantly lol.
    Yes, I've tried it too. Alcohol helps too.

But more natural things that are less destructive long-term without any side effects... like peppermint tea, and yoga, and stuff like that are better I feel. But to each their own.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Yes, I've tried it too. Alcohol helps too.

But more natural things that are less destructive long-term without any side effects... like peppermint tea, and yoga, and stuff like that are better I feel. But to each their own.
    I have the unique ability to just shut out every problem and issue in my life and sleep, even if the wife is mad and she hates that I can do that. When I sleep I embrace oblivion so it makes it a lot easier.

Cannabis is not very destructive for most people though, in many cases I would say it makes you live a lot longer due to lowering stress.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    With pills it's not long. My anxiety doesn't let me sleep at times, its horrible.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Might not feel it or see it, but 4 hours you're going to make yourself ill.
    oh i'm aware... and its been this way for several years now just how it is with work/school/gym/life and more so a general dislike of sleeping. I try to keep it below 4-5 cups of coffee a day lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It depends on where I am and what I'm doing. On holiday, I fall asleep within 10 minutes without taking anything. Whilst working, it takes up to 30 minutes and that's with liberal use of melatonin, tryptophan and occasionally hypnotics if I'm really jet-lagged badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I set the sleep timer on my TV in the bedroom for 30 mins and usually am sleeping before it shuts off. Have always had no issues falling asleep in 90+% of the time. The main one which might keep me up longer, is if I have a important event happening after I get up the next day. Hard to shut the mind off when that is the case.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I don't know, a few minutes. Never had a problem sleeping.

It all depends on how I feel. If something bothers me, I can fall asleep for a few hours, and if everything is fine, then for a few minutes

Hours, sometimes not at all. Just laying in bed too exhausted to sleep.