Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool although intelligence isn’t really determined that way.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    @Chrotesque As to the 'getting tired' of things or not keeping up with new trends, I can see that, but at the same time there are people out there who are always jumping on the next bandwagon and seem way too excited about things. I'm personally more interested in a comfortable routine with things functioning well, and slow, incremental improvements over time, but that doesn't mean there aren't things out there I'd love to see pop up. Plus, who knows what they'd come up with in a hundred years? Surely something would hit the perfect "I LOVE IT!" moment for a lot of us in that much time.
    There is still occasionally something that gets me excited as well but I fear this is getting less and less and I don't know how much of that is just me and how much is to be expected, I'd still love to live a lot longer if not as long as I want to see what direction society takes to be honest. I'd be in for a "live as long as you please"-model with easy, convenient and pain free options to exit that experience, if you're catching my drift.

10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly support it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    There is still occasionally something that gets me excited as well but I fear this is getting less and less and I don't know how much of that is just me and how much is to be expected, I'd still love to live a lot longer if not as long as I want to see what direction society takes to be honest. I'd be in for a "live as long as you please"-model with easy, convenient and pain free options to exit that experience, if you're catching my drift.
    Oh sure, I'm interested in that as well, but I feel like (even today) people should receive a good deal of psychological testing and counseling before going through with it.

@The Stormbringer @Chrotesque

If you guys are interested in looking at concepts like life extension in-depth, there's a YouTuber named Isaac Arthur who covers topics like this. Although be mindful that he has a speech impediment, so it might be a little jarring hearing him speak for the first few minutes of the video:

Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-02-22 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post

If you guys are interested in looking at concepts like life extension in-depth, there's a YouTuber named Isaac Arthur who covers topics like this. Although be mindful that he has a speech impediment, so it might be a little jarring hearing him speak for the first few minutes of the video:
    {snipped}
    His tonality (is that a word?) gives me a Walken vibe, I already like it Cheers for the link!

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post

[video=youtube;kKmdc2AuXec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmdc2AuXec&feature=youtu.be
    [video=youtube;RDpjv2z3dyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDpjv2z3dyE&feature=youtu.be
    Note to self, check back on this later to watch these videos (when not at work)!

Um, Crisper Twins sounds like a new Twix bar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    I am having a hard time finding a downside to less dumb people in the world.
    More intelligent people with the same moral standards and human decency (if not less). Not sure why that'd be good.

Super hero and villain coming right up. They'll be unstoppable.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    That's sad to hear but I don't think that's necessarily true. But yes, it's undeniable that as we get older we become less curious and more stuck in our old ways, however I would argue this has to do with your brain getting older with less and less plasticity, and less performance all around meaning you feel left behind and just give up. If your brain stays young forever that may not be an issue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gael1 View Post
    That's sad to hear but I don't think that's necessarily true. But yes, it's undeniable that as we get older we become less curious and more stuck in our old ways, however I would argue this has to do with your brain getting older with less and less plasticity, and less performance all around meaning you feel left behind and just give up. If your brain stays young forever that may not be an issue...
    Yeah, that's something that occurred to me as well. If we find a way to 'de-age' the brain, then we may find ourselves regaining a lot of those feelings.

"immortality" would have that such feelings would be unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yeah, alright there are and have been way smarter people than these twins. Not gonna happen.
    Aren't they like 1 year old? 99% of people are smarter than 1 year olds, yes.

good.

this is a good thing, that we should support.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why do you care so much about your hair?

To me, losing hair is completely meaningless. Like, absolutely irrelevant.
    Ok? That's your prerogative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Ok? That's your prerogative.
    I just think that people who worry about meaningless shit like hairline receding haven't probably faced any real hardships in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    You repeat yourself
    I see what you did there
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Yeah a new Masterrace! That wont end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael1 View Post
    Keeping alive curiosity sounds like a dream come true