Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    This has been debunked already... Try again.
    https://twitter.com/justbiglee/statu...20011203313664
    And yet they didn't go into any specific/exact detail of what he did. Just a little "oh they did this" but without going into detail of what "this is".

Yeah.... right.

The simple fact of the matter is EA are doing pisspoor damage control. Sorry you can't see that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-22 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh it's not hyperbole. If 76 is an incomplete game with a cash shop and the worst game ever, this is indeed one too.
    Have you even played the game? What cash shop? There are no lootboxes, no super rare things you can only get through paying with dollars. You gain the ingame currency fast and its enough to buy whatever you want from the ingame shop. But in all honesty it aint much atm. I would prefer if they had more cool sets ready so i could spend IRL money on it, but it's not the reality atm. So the cash shop argument needs to die in a fire because its simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Have you even played the game? What cash shop? There are no lootboxes, no super rare things you can only get through paying with dollars. You gain the ingame currency fast and its enough to buy whatever you want from the ingame shop. But in all honesty it aint much atm. I would prefer if they had more cool sets ready so i could spend IRL money on it, but it's not the reality atm. So the cash shop argument needs to die in a fire because its simply not true.
    Exactly. It's one of the few things Bioware did right with the game.

Had an hour or so on it on a friends Xbox One. It's definitely a 6/10 game. It's not a good game. However it's not outright bad like games such as Fallout 76, Metal Gear Survive, The Quiet Man or Overkills TWD. Games that don't even try and hide the fact they are bad.

And no we shouldn't have to wait till post launch for the game to be better. It should be good for the launch day. Not in 3 months time or whatever.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-22 at 04:54 PM.

I have. It's not the worst game ever, not even bad. But the internet can't be wrong.

Otherwise, that calls into question the tantrums over 76.

All I know is, I'm enjoying the game immensely and just purchased the full the copy /shrug. Fuck reviewers anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    All I know is, I'm enjoying the game immensely and just purchased the full the copy /shrug. Fuck reviewers anyway.
    Did the same. Then again I don't read reviews. I just bought the game cause I enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Did the same. Then again I don't read reviews. I just bought the game cause I enjoy it for what it is.
    I do agree, however, that they should have had the day 1 patch ready before they did EA, because damn that helped with a lot of issues I was having.

Good. So you should be.

Most reviewers like IGN are so full of crap half the time either way. They go out of their way to say Call of Duty is "refreshing" each damn game but give a Pokemon remake 7/10 for "too much water" in a game where one of the fucking pokemon literally controls the sea.

Independent reviewers imo are decent to watch. Personally I like Dunkey just because hes more of a humorous fellow.

However I don't think a review has ever influenced my decision to buy a game. However I do agree with the scores some reviewers are giving it based off a good hour or two of playing it myself on a friends XB1.

I bought the Legion of Dawn edition because of how much I enjoyed my time in the demo, which was only a couple hours, and I'm a bit of a sucker for exclusive cosmetic stuff. I don't regret it. I love the game play and am enjoying myself. I do think the amount of content is shallow, but have been encouraged by how transparent and on point BioWare has been about addressing and fixing the issues people complain about. The content that is there is fun as hell, to me, due to how fun it is to maneuver around the battlefield shooting things, using abilities and watching all the things explode. The graphics and game play really come together to make a battle a really fun experience.

I do think the menus are pretty ridiculous and there are far too many load screens, but those are pretty minor complaint when IMO the core game play is solid AF. The game just needs more content.

Totally understand why people would say it's not worth the full $60 price tag because of how shallow the content it. That will be changing, we'll see by how much in the coming weeks and months. Hopefully it survives that long, because once it's fully fleshed out (I know I know...it should have been that way at the start....) this game will be totally worth it to folks who enjoy this style of game.

I remember a Bungie developer from WAY back commenting on Halo and how their philosophy wasn't to create a huge game with lots of different fun experiences, it was to create a really fun experience for 30 seconds to a minute at a time and repeat that over and over throughout the game and provide you with a reason to do that. I think Anthem is doing that pretty well, with the game play at least.

Here it is: https://www.engadget.com/2011/07/14/...ime-griesemer/

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree, however, that they should have had the day 1 patch ready before they did EA, because damn that helped with a lot of issues I was having.
    That patch solved my main gripe with the game: the loading times. After patch I'm loaded together with the rest and not miles behind waiting to get another loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good. So you should be.

Most reviewers like IGN are so full of crap half the time either way. They go out of their way to say Call of Duty is "refreshing" each damn game but give a Pokemon remake 7/10 for "too much water" in a game where one of the fucking pokemon literally controls the sea.

Independent reviewers imo are decent to watch. Personally I like Dunkey just because hes more of a humorous fellow.

However I don't think a review has ever influenced my decision to buy a game. However I do agree with the scores some reviewers are giving it based off a good hour or two of playing it myself on a friends XB1.
    PC Gamer went hard on Anthem and then proceeds to run multiple build guides and articles on the game and talking about builds that are "fun to do". But in their review it came off as the worst game ever. Either way none of these magazines are worth listening to, they're 99% of the time bought, no way to trust them.

Fuck reviewers anyway.
    Are you referring to the professional reviewers who say it's garbage with a 60%, or the user reviewers who say it's garbage with 30%?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/anthem

PC Gamer went hard on Anthem and then proceeds to run multiple build guides and articles on the game and talking about builds that are "fun to do". But in their review it came off as the worst game ever. Either way none of these magazines are worth listening to, they're 99% of the time bought, no way to trust them.
    Have you seen how many advert banners and backgrounds for the game there are on their site?

Last edited by Shinzai; 2019-02-22 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Are you referring to the professional reviewers who say it's garbage with a 60%, or the user reviewers who say it's garbage with 30%?

Reading 30-40 of the 0-1 reviews its mostly "LOADING TIMES SUX", "EA SUX", "BIOWARE CANCELLED ME FOR THIS" etc. I dunno, the genre isnt for everyone. If you wanted a single player game (like it looks like from reading most of the reviews) you were never going to like Anthem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Have you seen how many advert banners and backgrounds for the game there are on their site?
    I use adblock, and on top of that the ads you're seeing are tailored to you, has nothing to do with the website.

When i see reviewers trying out racing sims with racing line indicator, gamepad and driving aids i facepalm hard
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I mean, seriously....wut? Other than a massive content drop(which takes a LOT of dev time to produce), Bioware has fixed every major issue identified by players, and yet players are still taking a giant dump on the game. It's fucked.
    If the game is fundamentally boring, no amount of "fix" can make up for it.
    Fixing is to correct small (but potentially critical) problems. It's not changing the whole way the game plays.

Bioware making a looter shooter is in itself a huge mismatch. Gameplay has always been their weak point, story/writing their strong point. Making a game based on the former where the later is a detail wasn't a good fit.

Reading 30-40 of the 0-1 reviews its mostly "LOADING TIMES SUX", "EA SUX", "BIOWARE CANCELLED ME FOR THIS" etc. I dunno, the genre isnt for everyone. If you wanted a single player game (like it looks like from reading most of the reviews) you were never going to like Anthem.

- - - Updated - - -

I use adblock, and on top of that the ads you're seeing are tailored to you, has nothing to do with the website.
    You do realise that they can have adverts tailored, right?

You do realise that they can have adverts tailored, right?
    BioWare is obviously paying for having their adverts shown more often on PCgamers website, what's your point? Do you know how advertising works at all? /Someone who works in the business.

Advertising isn't handled be editorial, it's handled by ad-sales folks. And there's a strict wall between ad-sales and editorial, with very little interaction to ensure that there's no influence between the two. It's usually informally referred to as "separation of church and state", and it absolutely exists at Future (the company that owns PC Gamer). I know, because I've worked with both the ad-sales folks (indirectly) and the editorial staff (directly, and pretty often).

As for all the coverage? Well...welcome to a major AAA launch. This is how they're all handled, they get tons of articles around launch because that's what their readers are clicking on and they need to create content that drives traffic for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

Fuck them both? I mean seriously, I make up my own mind and I'm enjoying this game a lot. It has issues yes, but they're all more then fixable and no worse (actually a lot better) then something like The Division or Destiny 2 on launch. Destiny 2 was so boring on launch I didn't even make it to max level, got to like 10.