Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW's biggest, most fundamental problem

You can't get immersed in the "world" of Warcraft anymore. I don't feel like a hero. I feel like an office grub checking spreadsheets with all this raider.io, raidbots, simming nonsense. I don't want to be reminded about my "weekly" chores. I don't want telepathic heads screaming at me whenever I'm out and about in the game world. I don't want pop ups advertising the latest Bli$$ard store purchase.

When I play WoW, I want to feel like a hero in a medieval fantasy setting. Not a shmuck being reminded at every turn that he is in a video game milking the MAU metric.

WoW's biggest, most fundamental problem
    People like you shitting all over the internet about your addiction you are ashamed of but can't let go of, like a monkey that just ate a whole bunch of bananas laced with laxatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a well thought out and original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    And a well thought out and original reply, allowing the thread to be bumped back up to the top so more people see it. OT i agree that the "hero" feeling is gone, but since Wrath i personally never really felt like the hero, so i dont think its an issue unique to BfA in any way

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    The players.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Seek addiction therapy, and do us all a favour.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You can't get immersed in the "world" of Warcraft anymore. I don't feel like a hero. I feel like an office grub checking spreadsheets with all this raider.io, raidbots, simming nonsense. I don't want to be reminded about my "weekly" chores. I don't want telepathic heads screaming at me whenever I'm out and about in the game world. I don't want pop ups advertising the latest Bli$$ard store purchase.

When I play WoW, I want to feel like a hero in a medieval fantasy setting. Not a shmuck being reminded at every turn that he is in a video game milking the MAU metric.
    thats the players fault, not blizzards.
    its you fault you check raidbots, raiderio, and spreadsheets, instead of just enjoying the game.

there is a fucking teir list for charecters in mario party switch, because players like to have every single advantage they can.
    also sounds like your addicted, get help. we have had "weekly chores" since vanilla.
    lolol advertising now? seriously?
    you do know blizz has ALWAYS advertised right?
    seek help, you sound mentally unstable that "telepathic heads are screaming at me"
    seriously, speak to a therapist, that is bad, and not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    yeah this thread woulda died after no one speaking for an hour and a half if you had not responded :P

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funnily we get a thread like this every week...and why it is funny? because each one of these threads identifies a different "biggest, most fundamental problem".

Also, there is lot of "I have problem x with it"...so basically WoW's biggest, most fundamental problem is your anecdotal evidence (that a some people will share, I give you that)
    also people metagaming the systems is not blizzard fault.
    pokemon had ivs and evs aswell as natures to make pokemon feel different from eachother, so few pokemon are alike and to make them feel real as some are good at some things and not good at others.

but the playerbase has made it into the biggest fucking thing ever. you can play without caring about Ev's IV's etc, if you choose to metagame, and spreadsheet, that is your fault, no one elses.

- - - Updated - - -

But you know..if he hadn't replied, you or me would have. Bait is so hard to resist......
    nah i look up a "whats new" i dont look back at anything older, as i rather speak in things abit more lively and active.

These days, it is always somebody else's fault.

You know how people complain about "being milked". Basically saying they are a cow without a say in the things being done to them...as in..somebody laying their hands onto them and extracting things from them without them being able to do anything against it.

This is how pathetic people have become.
    Yeah. That's what addiction is. Too bad shitposting on MMO-C is easier and cheaper than seeking therapy.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah this thread woulda died after no one speaking for an hour and a half if you had not responded :P
    I will wear the cone of shame during lunch.

Fuck I just bumped it again

Glad I'm not the only who feels like it.

Although not it's biggest problem. It's biggest problem is that the game is designed by people who have no passion anymore except maybe the art team and that the corporate busybodies want to stick their noses in. Most of the systems in the game are more about time played>having fun. Which is just crappy imo.

My 2 cents anyway.

It's a shit game, let's let it die. Fuck bfa, fuck classic, plenty of quality games to play now and coming out this year.

Pick up monster hunter world or if your dieing for an MMO for what ever reason ESO and FF14 have devs that still give fuck.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What incarnation of WoW wasn't like that?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    It's a shit game, let's let it die. Fuck bfa, fuck classic, plenty of quality games to play now and coming out this year.

Pick up monster hunter world or if your dieing for an MMO for what ever reason ESO and FF14 have devs that still give fuck.
    It's not a shit game. At it's core it's still one of the best MMORPGS imo.

But the issue is the passion just isn't there as I said.

But those 2 MMOs you listed I can absolutely throw my hat in the ring for them as well.

The problem is the value of 15$ a month has since long past, and services like Game Pass and EA Access are bringing much more value than WoW alone can anymore. Blzzard needs to start its own program like that or it will be left in the dust. I mean Bobby K is all for games as a service so I imagine it will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats the players fault, not blizzards.
    its you fault you check raidbots, raiderio, and spreadsheets, instead of just enjoying the game.

there is a fucking teir list for charecters in mario party switch, because players like to have every single advantage they can.
    also sounds like your addicted, get help. we have had "weekly chores" since vanilla.
    lolol advertising now? seriously?
    you do know blizz has ALWAYS advertised right?
    seek help, you sound mentally unstable that "telepathic heads are screaming at me"
    seriously, speak to a therapist, that is bad, and not normal.
    If anyone needs help, it's you. The only thing I see from you for years and years is a non-stop daily barrage of toxicity in every thread you come into. Close to 60 posts a day and you're always putting someone down to feel like the big man. If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Just because you feel a compulsive need to bitch in every thread it does not mean that my complaint about immersion-breaking features is any less valid.

Um i disagree i get immersed from doing world content in BFA.

If anyone needs help, it's you. The only thing I see from you for years and years is a non-stop daily barrage of toxicity in every thread you come into. Close to 60 posts a day and you're always putting someone down to feel like the big man. If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Just because you feel a compulsive need to bitch in every thread it does not mean that my complaint about immersion-breaking features is any less valid.
    Well said. Getting bored of people coming in these days and saying any issue or criticism the players have these days is their fault.

It's just the usual "Blizz do no wrong crowd". Just as bad as when Ion tried to play the victim card in an interview a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigloh View Post
    People like you shitting all over the internet about your addiction you are ashamed of but can't let go of, like a monkey that just ate a whole bunch of bananas laced with laxatives.
    My eyeballs just melted from that wickedly infernal burn.