i checked media markt turkey, if there is a sale here too, sadface

still no sale here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said it's a mediocre game at best. It definitely should have been held back until April.

Anyone who thinks it's bad as Fallout 76 needs to just get a grip.
    Anyone that gets upset that it's worse than 76 is hilarious. The internet can't be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Relatively sure that media markt exists only in germany, so it's 39 euros.
    It's the second largest electronics retailer in the world, so no, it doesn't exist only in Germany. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    What amazes me about the game is that they had to pull devs from all Bioware studios to work on it, had been working on it for 7 freaking years, and there is still not enough content at launch to satisfy most people... I'm not even lvl 30 yet and I have seen pretty much all content the game has to offer except the increased difficulty shit, which isn't content imo, same way as mythic raiding isn't content for me either.

The game has the worst environment variety ever, seriously, did the freeplay zone need to be that big and all look the same? Why not go the destiny route and have us travel to different planets looking for the Armor of Dawn? Don't get me wrong, it looks absolutely beautiful, but the diversity is basically non-existent, and freeplay ends up getting old fast. Same for the enemies, there are 3 big enemy factions with pretty similar mobs, and there are also some beasts and the Titans... that's really not good for a game with so many resources. But hey at least they foreshadowed Protheans after the last mission, so we'll be getting a new enemy faction soon-ish.

The story is super generic(but not bad, just not very enjoyable and it doesn't really affect anything, I think they should have made it have a bit of a consequence to the world itself)... I get it that it isn't the focus of a game like this, but I expected more from bioware. Also doesn't help that the main hub makes no sense in the setting of the game... Fort Tarsis is literally in the middle of a zone bustling with vegetation and life, but it looks like a bazar set in a desert town from 200 years ago, where some technology ended up by mistake... I always dread going back to that place... At least the cast is diverse enough (if 90% of them looking middle-eastern can be considered diverse, at least they're not all white, right?), but they do have nice'ish and diverse personalities, definitely the highlight of the writing team.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    The story is super generic(but not bad, just not very enjoyable and it doesn't really affect anything, I think they should have made it have a bit of a consequence to the world itself)... I get it that it isn't the focus of a game like this, but I expected more from bioware. Also doesn't help that the main hub makes no sense in the setting of the game... Fort Tarsis is literally in the middle of a zone bustling with vegetation and life, but it looks like a bazar set in a desert town from 200 years ago, where some technology ended up by mistake... I always dread going back to that place... At least the cast is diverse enough (if 90% of them looking middle-eastern can be considered diverse, at least they're not all white, right?), but they do have nice'ish and diverse personalities, definitely the highlight of the writing team.
    It's simply high time to lower our expectations. Bioware stopped being the same company that gave us excellent games of the past. If Andromeda wasn't an indicator of that, then Anthem is.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another motherf bug...

Here, just for funzies I recorded - unable to complete Stronghold run. Quality is shit because it's freshly uploaded and not processed yet.

But hey, I guess it's because my PC is bad and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's simply high time to lower our expectations. Bioware stopped being the same company that gave us excellent games of the past. If Andromeda wasn't an indicator of that, then Anthem is.
    Why should we lower our expectations?

Why can't game devs/studios stop making bad/medicore games?

Whelp, was fun knowing you Bioware...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yet another motherf bug...

Here, just for funzies I recorded - unable to complete Stronghold run. Quality is shit because it's freshly uploaded and not processed yet.

But hey, I guess it's because my PC is bad and shit.

Had almost the same thing happen this morning but a bit different, boss was fleeing up the ceiling at like 10% hp, just bugged out and then never appeared again, we waited for a good 10 minutes before everyone just left lol

7+ Year Old Account

We should lower our expectations so we can be less prone to preorders.

And the answer to that is obvious, publishers. They want to chase the latest trends, put dumb deadlines and monetize every square and inch of a game. #gamesasservice #singleplayerisdead
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

This guy is right. Ea just wants to sell you a 1 year sub to Origin. And retailers are losing money here.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/17/15...deo-game-store

Because people that criticise games that look mediocre from how it played in the demo get called sheeple and mindless EA bashers and all metacritic reviews lower than an 8 are a lie.

For some reason people are extremely defensive about this game, even more than both destiny and divsion launch which also had a lot of problems and people slamming the game

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    For some reason people are extremely defensive about this game, even more than both destiny and divsion launch which also had a lot of problems and people slamming the game
    Everyone is blatantly aware Bioware is dangerously close to the chopping block, if not sitting on it, and releasing a meh game isn't going to help.

So we're going through the denial stage of grief right now. I'm willing to retract my statement on DA because there would be so much anger if that got canned. But ME is done for if this game is regarded as a flop. A perfect excuse to say "Gamers aren't interested in sci-fi shooting RPGs anymore".

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    i checked media markt turkey, if there is a sale here too, sadface

still no sale here :P
    Do they really call themselves Media Markt in Turkey as well? That is so odd, considering that it's a German company.. considering how Amazon has been bending them over in the last 10 years I can hardly imagine how they even manage to stay alive outside of the country..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i legitimately dont get it. This isnt fallout 76 or battle for azeroth where people have real world years invested in the ip. Its a new ip with no investment but STILL its making people go full victim complex brand defence for this nothing idea rehashing a 5 year old fad. There should be no more investment in this than any other mediocre new ip release. Its like seeing people have a nuclear meltdown over x blades or the quiet man or something. Where on earth is this level of emotional investment coming from?
    I think it's more emotional investment in bioware as a whole causing people to take criticism against it personally, than the game and IP specifically.

There's a very real chance of there might not being a Bioware for much longer if the sales and player retention matches the critical reception it's getting.
    Last edited by zealo; 2019-02-23 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do they really call themselves Media Markt in Turkey as well? That is so odd, considering that it's a German company.. considering how Amazon has been bending them over in the last 10 years I can hardly imagine how they even manage to stay alive outside of the country..
    https://www.mediamarkt.com.tr. yeah, right now they have 71 store across Turkey. and they are pretty huge too

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Anyone that gets upset that it's worse than 76 is hilarious. The internet can't be wrong.
    I wouldn't call it upset, but while I think it's kind of funny that a studio known for a completely different thing fails at this awful venture steeped in AAA greedy practices, I can still realize that one game is objectively worse than another. If anything this only shows that Bioware fans are even bigger fools than Bethesda fans, because, despite the obvious sings, they somehow managed to be even more disapointed by the Bioware game that is objectively still better than FO76.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    https://www.mediamarkt.com.tr. yeah, right now they have 71 store across Turkey. and they are pretty huge too
    Fascinating. Well I guess people in Turkey need someone who can quickly sell them a USB caple on a saturday as well .

I have to say i'm a bit disappointed that we only have 1 kind of titan, seeing that we have (at least) 3 kinds of elementals. Would really like to see storm and venom titans.

Edit: Thanks for educating me in regards to media markt^^

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think it's more emotional investment in bioware as a whole causing people to take criticism against it personally, than the game and IP specifically.

There's a very real chance of there might not being a Bioware for much longer if the sales and player retention matches the critical reception it's getting.
    Yeah but heres the thing with that: its just the name. Most of the people that made biowares beloved games left and were replaced with hardcore danger hair and problem glasses folks that treat the word coding as a hate slur. Expecting the same from different staff was never going be anything but a set up for disappointment.

Granted this is coming from a Silent Hill fan so long ago i got over the idea of a publisher using the brand names to try and suggest similar expectations of quality from entirely different, far less experienced teams so maybe this is just the moment it happens for people who still think the bioware name has any relation to the people that came up with it.