Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Here's Jim Sterling's "review". Apologies if it was posted before, browsed a few pages and didn't see it.

It would be more appropriate of you to apologize for posting something from Sterling period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremin View Post
    Just replying for the sound issues, I dunno if this was patched on day 1, but during the demo and the beta and also in the prerelease there were definitely sound issues happening. I was playing with 3 friends and at various times we lost sound and had to restart the game to get these sounds back, and sure, maybe all 4 of us have bad sound drivers or or sound cards or even motherboards.
    But none of us have ever really struggled with sound issues in any game, apart from maybe old games on GoG, so there were definitely something funky going on in Anthem that was sound related.
    The exact thing just happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    While i dont like it myself...we're flying a machine...it needs to be "worked" on to change things....they should have things out in the world during free play to do this on the fly with a forge-lite system(change weapons, but not the color of your javelin...seals would be debatable). So I understand why they dont let you adjust stuff on the fly.
    Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Best thing for that is making striders perform the function
    Equals Firefall. That was a looter shooter with stations where you can switch out weapons and abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's a frostbite thing... I've had it happen in BFV before, no matter what it's annoying though

Starting to hit end-game and grinding for MW/Legendaries now, and the upcoming changes to the inscriptions is a welcome one.

That being said, the end-game is hella fun, and as long as the devs can keep the content flowing and being as responsive to the community as they have been, this game is going to entertain me for a damn long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    This is EA so you can expect P2W microtransactions & lootboxes to enter the game along with a season pass and battle pass within the next couple of months via patches. Expecting anything else at this point is delusional.
    Surprise surprise, another one has to run in and wave the "I hate EA" flag. Please discontinue dropping in the thread just to post completely incorrect information.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Weapons and frames are nothing without mods but cosmetics and playstyle preference, mods are not sold directly and the best ones are hard to acquire, plus there's in-game trading of items and currencies, inluding the platinum (premium currency)

There's nothing predatory about their monetization.
    But Warframe does have the option to buy Mod lootboxes. So you can buy Frames and Weapons and then Mods from Market and boom P2W.

BUT back onto Anthem. Is there a good guide out yet for Javelin builds? I LOVE my Storm and Interceptor but not sure how to build them into powerhouses.

My Storm I want to be a human Artillery beast raining death from above and another build where I blow your head off with a shotgun.

Interceptor..... I just dont get how to build it lol. Right now I got MW Avenging Herald and Papa Pump for in close and Ranged, but my melee feels weak. My LMG hits for about 600 a shot, but melee is about 200-250 >.< Any help with Interceptor is great.

That won't happen, period. Sterling has valiantly taken on exploitative practices in the industry, even on capitalism itself. While some of his "behaviors" are... weird, I choose to ignore them simply because of his stances on AAA gaming and capitalism.

Actually, happy to give Jim exposure and a few more clicks. Well deserved, considering he's not even running ads on his videos.
    That's actually a common misconception. The paradigm inherent to the postmodernist fallacy of a priori knowledge stems from a systemic predilection to binary dichotomies.

Suck it, reporter.
    Last edited by Razzako; 2019-02-24 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Inscriptions are going to be changing soon...

https://twitter.com/TaliskerDev/stat...52619490295808
    That's really vague and concerning tbh, it shouldn't be much more likely to get rolls that improve the item. He should be saying that it'll be straight up impossible to get a roll that doesn't benefit it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's really vague and concerning tbh, it shouldn't be much more likely to get rolls that improve the item. He should be saying that it'll be straight up impossible to get a roll that doesn't benefit it.
    Most looters though don't 100%keep you from getting ass items. You can still get like... barb only items on your wizard in D3. T

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    SWTOR, my favourite mmo ever, had it's staff gutted and transferred to work on Anthem leaving only a skeleton crew to work on the mmo. It's been in virtual maintenance mode for the last 3 years, where even minor bug fixes are being hailed as a major achievement. It's so dead I stopped playing it last year. Bioware pulled out all the stops for Anthem, which saddens me because I hate looter shooters and it's not Biowares forte.
    Some, myself included would argue that SWTOR was in maintenance mode for 7 years. Just after release, the support staff got cut, tickets evaporated after being up for 1 week without attention, known bugs still in the game, EA promising to fix them (yawn). Sure they fixed bugs years later .. but only after the majority got pissed off and left. Probably only because Disney was pissed. Well and I was pissed too.

Its not any breaking news to learn that the original BioWare minds have long since departed. BioWare is simply a name. A Name without imaginative minds is just a series of letters, with no meaning, other than false expectation. BioWare == Electronic Arts. EA bought the company, they call the shots, they maximize profits, at the detriment of quality.

BioWare died 2007, when they were bought by Electronic Arts (EA). Many quality artists went on to make SWTOR (which is why the story is so good!), but they are all gone now. ALL. GONE. ALL. GONE.

GONE.

All that is left is EA, who owns the rights to the word "BioWare". They appeal to mass markets, and I suppose they have their fans -- just not with the same loyalty the original BioWare used to command.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-02-24 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    I like Anthem, but it has issues still. Everything a loading screen. PC port is an after thought. Yes I fall into that few percent that CPU rocking 100% all the time. 2700x CPU and an rtx 2080, my mobo fail safe kicked in three times now because of overheating. First time I heard my fans being loud. Even if I go from ultra to low, nothing. I cant tell the difference between low and ultra. I would love to play more than the Tutorial, but not at the expense of my hardware frying.
    So there's an absolutely stupid fix to this that has nothing to do with anthem.

After you launch the game, tab out and go to the origin launcher -> click origin in the top left -> click application settings and just leave it on that menu then tab back into the game. For some asinine reason the origin launcher does some fucked up shit in the background and for reasons I don't understand leaving this menu up stops it from doing that.

I was having the same issue with 100% cpu usage and doing this dropped it to 50-70%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It shouldn't be hitting 100%, specially not on a 2700x, my wife has a 2600 and it hovers around 60ish%. But the overheating is another problem entirely.... you should be able to hit 100% cpu without overheating if your cooling is adequate for the CPU. I can run my 5.0ghz OC'd 9600k at 100% for over an hour and not hit thermal thresholds.

Somethings not quite right with your hardware.
    Its not his hardware, its an issue with the origin launcher.

This launcher is actually a piece of shit and deserves so much hate.

That won't happen, period. Sterling has valiantly taken on exploitative practices in the industry, even on capitalism itself. While some of his "behaviors" are... weird, I choose to ignore them simply because of his stances on AAA gaming and capitalism.

Actually, happy to give Jim exposure and a few more clicks. Well deserved, considering he's not even running ads on his videos.
    Valiantly taken on, really? What is so valiant about someone sitting at their house/office making videos criticizing or praising video games and video game companies? Yep, he's a real knight in shining armor.....

I’d guess that means the rolls will more often DIRECTLY benefit that specific item (frag grenade having + blast dmg etc), instead pf your frag grenade having + machine pistol dmg, + sniper ammo, + shotgun clip size and + ice effect or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The sound issue is apparently related to frostbite, the engine only supports 24 bit 44100 hz and like 16b 48000 or something and it causes issues.

I actually had audio issues with Apex as well for a similar kind of thing though different engine iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Most looters though don't 100%keep you from getting ass items. You can still get like... barb only items on your wizard in D3. T
    There's a difference between ass items and literally useless rolls. I don't know of any games that would give you an item specific bonus to a damage type that the weapon doesn't do. Or have multiple rolls of the same affix.

D3 at launch had pure randomness, but they very quickly learned that that is horrible game design the hard way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I’d guess that means the rolls will more often DIRECTLY benefit that specific item (frag grenade having + blast dmg etc), instead pf your frag grenade having + machine pistol dmg, + sniper ammo, + shotgun clip size and + ice effect or something.
    Yes which is concerning, because it should be impossible for say... a colossus only thing to have an item specific bonus for + ice damage on a fire weapon with a + pistol damage roll when they can't use pistols either. Like those things shouldn't be possible ever.

Its one thing if you get something lame like + damage to a weapon you happen to not be using... its another thing to get a roll that can literally never be useful.

Yeah, like my MW item with % ice dmg effect.

The ranger has no ice damage abilities :P

Its not his hardware, its an issue with the origin launcher.

This launcher is actually a piece of shit and deserves so much hate.
    Can you elaborate, and is there a work around?

While I have been fine. . .

I have a friend who has been struggling to play Anthem.
    Stuttering every 5 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When did we hear that Bioware was pulling devs from everywhere to work on Anthem?
    That's likely when they did a scrap and redo of the project, because your right. There is no way this game took 6 years to make.
    https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-d...nts-1822380989

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Can you elaborate, and is there a work around?

While I have been fine. . .

I have a friend who has been struggling to play Anthem.
    Stuttering every 5 seconds or so.
    Its in that same* post above the quote you quoted.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-02-24 at 02:08 AM.

Are there any AAA titles worth buying these days?