Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I was talking about healthy, normal fetuses. Some mothers still want their kids to be born even if they are clearly suffering from some genetic abnormality, by the way, and most will still care for them normally. But others feel like they should be able to "abort" a healthy fetus even very late in the last semester or w/e the name is in English, and that's not OK. There's a responsibility for a mother once she is pregnant, and that future human being growing in her is not to be treated lightly or as being disposable. This should be something related to common human decency, not driven by religion, just respect life, and understand how precious it is.
    Prove it. Cite your claim. Defend with facts the idea that anyone except maybe a vanishingly small number of people would, after carrying a healthy fetus almost to term, decide to abort. This is a common right-wing talking point that feels good to them, but I've never seen any actual numbers on it.

Prove it or STFU and stop acting like choosing to have an abortion is the same as flipping a coin to some people.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Yes but once he becomes President all the horrible things he claimed he would do he won't do.
    Minus all the terrible things he said he would do and did do.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Tolbybolton View Post
    So people are not allowed to believe that abortions are wrong and immoral?
    Nope trash like you cannot, and will not, control women body.

Else ISIS await you.

There are multiple videos on the web with people like Northam that argue calmly for what is essentially infanticide. I won't post them because others will report me and I will get banned, since both people and these forums can't handle truth, by reasoning that users are unable to discuss in a civilized manner.

Which your angry "STFU" and accusations of "right wing" pretty much proves the mods here correct, sadly.

So complain all you want when proof is one google search away, I don't owe you anything, so go find it, and no, I won't STFU, you have no power to shut me up whatsoever. Must be frustrating to see people still having speech you dislike, is it?
    Yeah, no one is impressed by stripping any context and nuance from what someone is saying to try and push a horseshit agenda (except the people who already buy into said horseshit).

If you consider it "infanticide" to let a brain-dead or terminally ill newborn die instead of keeping it on life support until it inevitably dies anyway...well, that's just too bad.

There are multiple videos on the web with people like Northam that argue calmly for what is essentially infanticide. I won't post them because others will report me and I will get banned, since both people and these forums can't handle truth, by reasoning that users are unable to discuss in a civilized manner.

Which your angry "STFU" and accusations of "right wing" pretty much proves the mods here correct, sadly.

So complain all you want when proof is one google search away, I don't owe you anything, so go find it, and no, I won't STFU, you have no power to shut me up whatsoever. Must be frustrating to see people still having speech you dislike, is it?
    We can argue about the morality of abortion until our mouths foam. However, if the goal is to improve the well being of mothers and infants, it has been proven over and over again that defunding Planned Parenthood is the dumbest way to reach that goal. It is no coincidence that states that actively been trying to limit and defund Planned Parenthood are the ones with the highest maternal/infant mortality rates and teenage/repeat teenage pregnancy rates.

In their zeal to outlaw abortion, they have forgotten that Planned Parenthood provides more than just abortion, which is a very small part of their services. They also provide sex education; women's health (cervical cancer and mammogram screening, etc.); pre-, neo- and post-natal cares; and contraceptive. In United States Planned Parenthood provides services to 40% of low-income women and those living in remote rural areas. To many of these women, it is the only available option.

When the Great State of Texas defunded Planned Parenthood in 2011, 31 out of 74 Planned Parenthood's clinics closed. In some rural areas women had to drive 8 hours to the closest service providers. The State of Texas failed to provide alternative to Planned Parenthood.

Lets take a look at some of the numbers from the Great State of Texas. Since the 2016, Texas maternal mortality increased 9% from 31.5 to 34.2 deaths per 100,000 live births. How about we compare those numbers to California. Since the 2016, California maternal mortality decreased 24% from 5.9 to 4.5 deaths per 100,000 live births. As bad as the number is for Texas, their maternal mortality rate for low-income women is even worse at a stinking 85.6 deaths per 100,000 live births.

Right now, out of the 10 states with the highest maternal mortality rates in the US, nine are states that actively try to limit and defund Planned Parenthood. BTW, Texas went from the having the fifth-highest repeat teen pregnancy rate in 2014 to #1 in 2017. One wonder why no Texas governor ever mentioned that fact about their great state.

p.s. The 14 states with the highest teen pregnancy rates are all anti-abortion states.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-02-24 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Nope trash like you cannot, and will not, control women body.

Else ISIS await you.
    1) reported.
    2) no human being should be murdered.

10+ Year Old Account
    no human being should be murdered.
    The mortality rate of women giving birth in US has nearly doubled, since Nixon’s healthcare initiative that we call “before Obamacare”. Fixing that mortality rate, not only saves lives, it also saves a lot of hangers from being misappropriated. Until you are ready to deal with that, scoring points on a gaming forum, by shitting on “murder” is pretty low.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No it's not what Northam said and painting as such is not really being open to the situation, he basically said a doctor should be consulted if a child is born who would most likely be brain dead. Are you for life no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The mortality rate of women giving birth in US has nearly doubled, since Nixon’s healthcare initiative that we call “before Obamacare”. Fixing that mortality rate, not only saves lives, it also saves a lot of hangers from being misappropriated. Until you are ready to deal with that, scoring points on a gaming forum, by shitting on “murder” is pretty low.
    Bingo, bingo.

Ironic and sad because didn't this administration also make it harder for women to get birth control thru their employer's health plans? On religious grounds? LOL

Abortion might be on the decline but you could reduce it to super insignificant numbers with better, widespread education and open access to birth control.

Wouldn't expect this administration to understand, however.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Ironic and sad because didn't this administration also make it harder for women to get birth control thru their employer's health plans? On religious grounds? LOL
    It's going to get way worse. The Trump administration is about to set in place a rule that will push Planned Parenthood out of the family planning sector while moving their funding to religious crisis centers that offer nothing but Bible platitudes. Look for another spike in mortality rates so religious nuts can have the moral high ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If you want there to be fewer abortions then support democrats. If republicans get their way with the law and then the courts then there will not only be more abortions, but more harm done to women as well.
    This.

Planned Parenthood, contraceptives, easy access to women's healthcare, all things Republicans oppose for "pro life" considerations have been proven to lower the abortion rate.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the travesty is that you need Planned Parenthood for things that should be covered by healthcare for everyone in the first place . . .
    There's plenty wrong with what's supposed to be "the greatest nation on Earth."
    Putin khuliyo

It's hilarious, really. Almost as if the social conservatives were heavily under the influence of the lobby of the ladies of the wood. And I thought the ladies of the wood was a phenomenon that only persisted in remote, rural parts of Europe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

1) reported.
    Let me ask you a question. Should a person be forced to sustain another being with their body even if sustaining said being would be ultimately fatal for the first person? If yes, do you also believe someone should be forced to donate organs, even while alive, to someone else that is dying and needs said organ and is compatible? If not on this question, then why?

All being have a right to life. They don't have a right to use someone elses body to sustain said life even if it means forfeiting that life in the process. Don't mistake what I'm saying for support for abortion. I don't support abortion but I don't want a persons autonomy to be violated by laws from the state unless they have committed a crime that requires said violation.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2019-02-24 at 08:30 PM.

So people are not allowed to believe that abortions are wrong and immoral?
    immoral? no you can believe that but its legal so not "wrong"

keep your religion out of legislation

So, you fail on many counts here.

If there are such videos, it is your responsibility to link them, not ours to try to find them. The burden of proof is on your claim. Claiming people can't 'handle truth' is a copout.

I never said you were right-wing, just that right-wingers use this baseless argument a lot.

Northram's bill did not involve a decision on a whim, as you keep implying. It was about a fetus with a condition that would cause pain and suffering for their entire life. This is a situation that happens in only incredibly rare circumstances, and not a casual concern. Again: Prove that there are people that would carry a healthy fetus to term, then choose to abort at the last minute. Life of the mother circumstances don't count.

And frustrated? Sure. I'm always frustrated that people like you will lie and continue to lie for no other reason than to hurt people. Selling out your moral foundation to own the libs, I guess.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

1) reported.
    Reported? Go ahead cunt. Make My Day.

Ask the twats mods at mmo-c how much I much shit I give about being temp banned from this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    immoral? no you can believe that but its legal so not "wrong"

keep your religion out of legislation
    Wrong, religion has nothing to do with murdering alive beings being immoral. Its just simple human ethics.

Wrong, religion has nothing to do with murdering alive beings being immoral.
    I see you're an aficionado of ignoring history.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, religion has nothing to do with murdering alive beings being immoral. Its just simple human ethics.
    Yes, and you are on the side that flavors murdering alive beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yup. See signature.

Specifically, a regression to feudalism and Cuius regio, eius religio.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters