Permanently banning people

Seriously. How is this not a thing? When the same users get banned every month to the point that it's ALMOST a 2 ban a month average, how do those people not get permanently banned? I get that some people say stupid things every now and then, lose their temper and etc, but when someone is getting banned that often, they are beyond useless, they're a detriment.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Seriously. How is this not a thing? When the same users get banned every month to the point that it's ALMOST a 2 ban a month average, how do those people not get permanently banned? I get that some people say stupid things every now and then, lose their temper and etc, but when someone is getting banned that often, they are beyond useless, they're a detriment.
    They do get permanently banned, we've seen several permabans so far on the forum.

Not sure what the metrics are, but I'm sure it's deserved.

There have been plenty of perma bans. What are you talking about OP?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    See sig. many people have been perma banned.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    its called a Discipline Volcano.

and No, its not what happens when a Priest and a Shaman make sweet sweet love
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I've personally upheld what is likely hundreds of permanent closures back in the day lol. It's not a myth.

Permanently banning people is definitely a thing.

Not that I would know anything about it...

That old guy that was always complaining about his shitty nephew, Jaysomething (don't remember the rest of his handle) got banned a while back.

Some of my favourite posters get banned on a regular basis, I'd see no point in hanging around if they got perma banned. Hell, I get banned every few months regular as clockwork. Permanent bans should be reserved for the most heinous of infractions and only used as a last resort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    That old guy that was always complaining about his shitty nephew, Jaysomething (don't remember the rest of his handle) got banned a while back.
    Jaylock from memory, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have an alt account and still posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Some of my favourite posters get banned on a regular basis, I'd see no point in hanging around if they got perma banned. Hell, I get banned every few months regular as clockwork. Permanent bans should be reserved for the most heinous of infractions and only used as a last resort.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaylock from memory, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have an alt account and still posting.
    He was pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is already a thing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |