Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Not sure why Legion kept me interested and glued to the game, where BfA isn't holding my attention. Why is that ?[/B]
    Class quests, artifact weapons, a story that involved the Burning Legion and many interesting characters and places.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Now its like. "Oh another epic loot *yawn* lets look on its ilvl *yawn*. Ahh damn it is lower than i need. Quicksell. *yawn*."
    Literally though. Like who actually cares about loot anymore

LITERALLY everything that made this game good in the past has changed or is gone.

i am leaving and returning every some time. i thought i left early during legion (rng legendaries gg) but here we got bfa. Now i have returned and i think i will just farm some m+ score and quit again

I unsubbed during Legion for about a year, then came back and ended up having a bunch of toons at 110. In BfA, I finally got my first 120 on the weekend. I spent more time leveling my void elf than I did playing my mains.

I am not entirely sure that I will renew when my current sub runs out.

Pretty sure this is the longest I've been unsubbed. Sad times. I grew up playing every Blizz game and it's definitely different now. I miss the era where Blizzard was synonymous with quality. I find it really weird that there's still players that defend them and boast about how they're still having fun in WoW so there's nothing wrong - just "toxic haters" complaining to complain. Just... sad times I guess.

I have sub active because I bought a longer one some time ago but I no longer even start the Blizzard app since like two months. Have been playing some single-player games and TESO.
    S.H.

Played this game from vanilla and the

I still enjoy BfA, Azerite armor and the terrible storytelling aside, but the glaring issues such as server lag that makes ret paladin and WW monk, among other classes, unplayable (plus it glitches out your mount so it looks like you are sprinting and it will say "You are mounted" when you try to interact with objectives instead of automatically dismounting you), the random phasing/server hopping that happens mid-combat so mobs reset... it's really making the goodwill dry up.

I feel like the only thing that'll revolutionize the player base again is when Blizzard announces "the final expansion" or something so everyone will be like "oh shit" and come back and give it one last big hurrah.

I mean lets be real guys the game is garbage now. Yes there are pockets of enjoyment. But it just feels more of a waste of time than the game ever has when we do it. Yes the original player base is older now. But what 12-14 year old is going to play WoW over Fortnite now? Is the game in its current state honestly going to attract new players? At this point shouldn't Blizzard cater to the players that have played... for 15 years?

Moreover, there's barely any transparency on the dev side. Because now that they're such a big corporation they don't have the freedom to be like that. So we have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on or why the game is like this, and it just comes off as Blizzard just doesn't care. So why the fuck should we? At least until we see something majorly huge like a "last expansion" or something. Nobody gives a shit about spending time on a game that the creators don't give a shit about like they used to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    I feel like the only thing that'll revolutionize the player base again is when Blizzard announces "the final expansion" or something so everyone will be like "oh shit" and come back and give it one last big hurrah.

I mean lets be real guys the game is garbage now. Yes there are pockets of enjoyment. But it just feels more of a waste of time than the game ever has when we do it. Yes the original player base is older now. But what 12-14 year old is going to play WoW over Fortnite now? Is the game in its current state honestly going to attract new players? At this point shouldn't Blizzard cater to the players that have played... for 15 years?

Moreover, there's barely any transparency on the dev side. Because now that they're such a big corporation they don't have the freedom to be like that. So we have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on or why the game is like this, and it just comes off as Blizzard just doesn't care. So why the fuck should we? At least until we see something majorly huge like a "last expansion" or something. Nobody gives a shit about spending time on a game that the creators don't give a shit about like they used to anymore.
    Its happening outside of video games too. Look at sports. The sporting world is run by complete idiots at this point. The raw numbers of young kids taking up baseball keeps falling. The same goes for football. Even SOCCER is seeing fewer and fewer kids sign up. I know we're told soccer is going to be huge in America but if you look at the numbers, kids are abandoning soccer too.

I don't see ANY passion in the video game industry among AAA companies, and I don't see it in the sporting world either. The people running both are BEYOND clueless how to sell the product to the point where up is down and the more they try to do what they THINK promotes it and generates interest, the WORSE it gets. Its part sad, part hilarious.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Obviously it's because you're just bored.

There's absolutely no way that it's because the game is trash at the moment.

Currently waiting for the sub to expire @ the begining of march , then uninstall the Battle net app and F...k Blizzard for good !
    Because... 1 mil reasons

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Not so sure about that. EQ will have their 20th next month I believe with 25 expansions and still going. Ultima Online is pushing 23yo and still going. Runescape is pretty old as well and seems to be cranking along as well. The good games just won't die as they did their own thing. It's mainly the ones that claimed to be the next WoW killer that have closed up shop. WoW may go into a maintenance type mode with less and less content updates but i doubt they will shut it down for many years to come.
    people have this ridiculous notion that game has to have milions of players to be succesfull - when reality is even at 100k subs blizzard would still make enough money from wow to justify pushing it further and further. for some and imo a lot of people wow has become just a part of their 'rutine' - they have sub set and dont even pay attention to it because 10 euro a month ? lol who notices it on credit card even . and even at 100k subs youwould till see your world populated 24/7 with all coss realm techs they implemented.

people need to remember - just because YOU dont like game it doesnt mean hundreds of thousands / milions of other people dont like it either. just because you sit in echo chamber of whining aka mmochamp recently it doesnt mean milions igore forums and just enjoy their game.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-02-24 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people have this ridiculous notion that game has to have milions of players to be succesfull - when reality is even at 100k subs blizzard would still make enough money from wow to justify pushing it further and further. for some and imo a lot of people wow has become just a part of their 'rutine' - they have sub set and dont even pay attention to it because 10 euro a month ? lol who notices it on credit card even . and even at 100k subs youwould till see your world populated 24/7 with all coss realm techs they implemented.

people need to remember - just because YOU dont like game it doesnt mean hundreds of thousands / milions of other people dont like it either. just because you sit in echo chamber of whining aka mmochamp recently it doesnt mean milions igore forums and just enjoy their game.
    Technically, while 100k subs could be enough to still make money, the fatal flaw with this thinking is that you are guaranteed to stay at that level and not drop to 50k a month from now. Most companies get around this issue by having a "profit margin" threshold. Once the profit margin dips below a certain level, the division or brand becomes too high risk to continue supporting and it is closed down. So while a company might be able to squeak by with some profit at 100k subs, the management team might decide that the profit margin threshhold they are "comfortable with" lies north of 1 million subs. They don't think like you where as long as it is profitable then keep it going.

I have seen corporations where a division of their corporation loses a REALLY big client and that cuts their profit margin below some magic number and the board immediately begins the process of shuttering the division even though its still making profit from its other clients.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be an interesting question to ask Ion. Ask him if he is aware of a profit margin threshold for WoW, and if it exists are we close to it. I suspect that information is above his pay grade but can't hurt to ask. Or maybe ask that question to Mike Morhaime since he left the company and is more likely to know.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-02-24 at 02:40 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I've been unsubbed for 3+ months. There are plenty of better/diff games out there to play right now. I still play Everquest/FFXIV and I find them much more entertaining than WoW in pretty much every way possible. I won't be subbing or buying another WoW expansion.

SNIBBY SNIBB DD[/B]
    Slowly? /10think
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Legion was a very good expansion, and I really miss it comapred to BfA.

Legion had;

- Class Halls were amazing
    - Class Hall quests kept me excited to continue and complete them
    - Artifact weapon appearance quests, kept me going to unlock all the cool weapon styles.
    - Mage Tower was a pain and hard, but kept me active
    - Legendaries, yeah I agree were so so, but they made doing WQs meaningful, and Emissaries, with the chance to get one, and even treasure chests in the open world might have a lego hiding inside.
    - Dalaran is still the best city in WoW, easy and simple to navigate, and fast to get around. The two new divided cities suck balls, way to large, and a complicated maze to get around.
    - And also having two completely separate zones for the new expansion, crap idea. Wastes time to have to travel between the two. I much prefer one large continent for the start of a new expansion, like every other expansion as been doing.
    - Tier gear blows away Azerite sh!t.
    - Tier specific class designs were great too, now in BfA all plate classes gets the exact same looking gear so a Paladin and a DK wear the armor, not cool. WTF ?
    - Switching specs in Legion with Tier gear on, the gear would auto switch traits per the spec you switched too. But in BfA we need to pay thousands of gold to switch the traits back and forth. WTF terrible flipping idea. Or what, they just giving us another reason to waste more time, and farm the same gear so we need 3 sets of Azerite slots per spec. Ugh

Bottom line, BfA is a poorly thought out shitastic expansion. And Legion was clearly better.

Legion had;

- Class Halls were amazing
    - Class Hall quests kept me excited to continue and complete them
    - Artifact weapon appearance quests, kept me going to unlock all the cool weapon styles.
    - Mage Tower was a pain and hard, but kept me active
    - Legendaries, yeah I agree were so so, but they made doing WQs meaningful, and Emissaries, with the chance to get one, and even treasure chests in the open world might have a lego hiding inside.
    - Dalaran is still the best city in WoW, easy and simple to navigate, and fast to get around. The two new divided cities suck balls, way to large, and a complicated maze to get around.
    - And also having two completely separate zones for the new expansion, crap idea. Wastes time to have to travel between the two. I much prefer one large continent for the start of a new expansion, like every other expansion as been doing.
    - Tier gear blows away Azerite sh!t.
    - Tier specific class designs were great too, now in BfA all plate classes gets the exact same looking gear so a Paladin and a DK wear the armor, not cool. WTF ?
    - Switching specs in Legion with Tier gear on, the gear would auto switch traits per the spec you switched too. But in BfA we need to pay thousands of gold to switch the traits back and forth. WTF terrible flipping idea. Or what, they just giving us another reason to waste more time, and farm the same gear so we need 3 sets of Azerite slots per spec. Ugh

Bottom line, BfA is a poorly thought out shitastic expansion. And Legion was clearly better.
    legions content was ok but the class balancing of the rpg part of the game is terrible. the spell books is in shambles still.

Legion had;

- Class Halls were amazing : Waste of development time just to place 1 mission table and 2 target dummies.

- Class Hall quests kept me excited to continue and complete them. 3-4 things copy/pasted a few times with a different name for the different classes with a total of 2 hours of content if you arent blind and have both hands cut off with the delusion it lasts longe r by locking it before rep farm.

- Artifact weapon appearance quests, kept me going to unlock all the cool weapon styles. Yeah with 90% of them being literally "Just play the game as you had the last 12 years before this" but hey this time at least they told you how to play it half-properly with the different colored pixels of the same item.

- Mage Tower was a pain and hard, but kept me active. Hard when they didnt add a limitation to item level, what?

- Legendaries, yeah I agree were so so, but they made doing WQs meaningful, and Emissaries, with the chance to get one, and even treasure chests in the open world might have a lego hiding inside. Just another dopamine effect, i am immune to my own dopamine after 20 years playing RPGs

- Dalaran is still the best city in WoW, easy and simple to navigate, and fast to get around. The two new divided cities suck balls, way to large, and a complicated maze to get around. Its irrelevant where the portals are as long as they are somewhere.

- And also having two completely separate zones for the new expansion, crap idea. Wastes time to have to travel between the two. I much prefer one large continent for the start of a new expansion, like every other expansion as been doing. Whats the difference exactly, apart from simply loading for 3 seconds compared to flying an extra 5mins?

- Tier gear blows away Azerite sh!t. Yeahs, thats the only actual argument where they went a bit lazy, tier sets were a bad idea with legendaries and they adapted, but not creating multiple transmog sets is where i can agree on the complaining, tier sets as tier sets, not really.
    - Tier specific class designs were great too, now in BfA all plate classes gets the exact same looking gear so a Paladin and a DK wear the armor, not cool. WTF ? Look above.
    - Switching specs in Legion with Tier gear on, the gear would auto switch traits per the spec you switched too. But in BfA we need to pay thousands of gold to switch the traits back and forth. WTF terrible flipping idea. Or what, they just giving us another reason to waste more time, and farm the same gear so we need 3 sets of Azerite slots per spec. Ugh "Thousands of gold", or simply get dual sets because they throw gear around left and right which unless you are doing progression Mythic you dont really need that much gear.

Bottom line, BfA is a poorly thought out shitastic expansion. And Legion was clearly better. They are the exactly same shit, some sort of story thats 5 hours of content and then dungeons and raids.
    Yeah, everyone has a different opinion.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-24 at 06:36 PM.