Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 46 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    They failed to show this in movie,
    The dude was literally saying there was too much Jane/Thor romance in the movies, and when a guy tells him their romance was a big part of the comics too you say they didn't show it in the movie?

Jane sucked and didn't lead to anywhere and they broke up off panel LMAO.

Thor movies were disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What are some of your favorites in each genre? Just curious to see if I've watched them all.
    Scifi - Children of Men - 2001 - Alien - Blade Runner - Dune (spicediver fan edit)
    Horror - The Shining - The Thing - Mandy - Hellraiser
    Drama - Raging Bull - Apocalypse Now - Full Metal Jacket - Shawshank and many more
    Anime - Captain Harlock - Appleseed - Gantz O
    Comic adap. - Deadpool 1 & 2 - Logan - Black Panther - X-Men days of future past (I am a big fan of anything X) - Aquaman

Things to watch out for comic wise
    1. The Boyz (amazon tv show)
    2. Shazam
    3. New Spidey movie

That's what I got for now at least.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I don't I came to see a movie about thor. They're free to make a movie about her though it just my opinion.
    I mean, she played Jane Foster, not some random scientist. Jane Foster is a pretty important character in the Thor universe.

Edit: Not just as a love interest either. At a certain point, she herself wields Mjolnir, and takes on the mantle of Thor.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-02-24 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Edit: Not just as a love interest either. At a certain point, she herself wields Mjolnir, and takes on the mantle of Thor.
    Indeed, I would argue that Jane is... probably in the top five, if not top three most important characters in Thor in recent years.

Odinson, Jane, Odin, Malakith and Gorr.

And I don’t think it was coincidence that they did a Jane heavy Thor film, just before she took up the hammer...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

How is this thread 51 pages and the movie isn't even released yet?

While I am looking forward to Captain Marvel, I did like Wonder woman and the DC Snyder verse movies a lot. The effects and fighting were cool for the super heores, allt hrough.

I can only thing the reason justice league tanked so bad was it's lesser known heores at the time, like Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash hadn't had movies yet or much appearance in the sequence.. besides at that stage of the story they are almost brand new to their powers, so don't seem that polished or competent compared to the ohters

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    No, this time its more about the actor Bri Larsen literally telling the media press she does not want white men watching the movie that sparked some debate
    That literally did not happen. Asking that interviews and critics not be exclusively white male is not the same as what you are saying. That's why people are laughing at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I can only thing the reason justice league tanked so bad was it's lesser known heores at the time, like Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash hadn't had movies yet or much appearance in the sequence.. besides at that stage of the story they are almost brand new to their powers, so don't seem that polished or competent compared to the ohters
    Justice League tanked because it was a terrible movie, on so many levels. The missing tie-ins for many of the characters was just one problem, there were a whole lot more in terms of narrative, aesthetics, editing, etc. etc.

As for Captain Marvel, I maintain my usual stance of depressed optimism - it'll probably suck, but I'm ready to be positively surprised. I won't judge it until I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    If you invite a bunch of critics who make a living out of being given special treatment by the industry to a secret screening, what do you think they are going to say? :-)
    So does that mean that no preview screening ever has negative feedback, they're all giving raving reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    How much screen time does it get in the comics. Ill need to read them but if the title of the material is thor the move should have like 80% thor and not a 50/50 split.
    Jane wasn't really much a part of the comics after the early 70's except for a couple years during JMS' run about 10 years ago. What it really comes down to though is them wanting a romance angle in the movie and using Jane to fill that role.

There is growing sentiment that Marvel has played their audience by burying key plot points for Avengers Endgame in this movie, thereby forcing anyone remotely interested in the Avengers blockbuster to watch Captain Marvel. People are now starting to revise opening weekend box office taking upwards. As much as I hate it, I have to admire Marvels business strategy.

I'm still not going to see this gawd awful film, I'll just get what info I need to understand Endgame from someone else's synopsis.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    There is growing sentiment that Marvel has played their audience by burying key plot points for Avengers Endgame in this movie, thereby forcing anyone remotely interested in the Avengers blockbuster to watch Captain Marvel. People are now starting to revise opening weekend box office taking upwards. As much as I hate it, I have to admire Marvels business strategy.

I'm still not going to see this gawd awful film, I'll just get what info I need to understand Endgame from someone else's synopsis.
    How is that playing there audience? people want an interconnected universe that kinda means you will need to see all the main line movies to get every thing. I mean this is like saying your not going to see winter solider/civil war and then complaining when you didn’t get every thing in infinity war.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How is that playing there audience? people want an interconnected universe that kinda means you will need to see all the main line movies to get every thing. I mean this is like saying your not going to see winter solider/civil war and then complaining when you didn’t get every thing in infinity war.
    Were either of those helmed by someone who enjoys the "fuck you white males for existing in MY industry!" brand of combination racism and sexism? She might have clarified what she "meant", but you better believe that wasn't her actual thoughts on the matter, it was corporate jamming her feet directly into the coals to try and salvage their opening weekend.

Pretty sure it'll be out on netflix before endgame comes out so with a little patience, I can save the cost of tickets and snacks, and send a message. Win-win for me.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

My point is there are probably a lot of people who had no intention of watching this film due to lack of interest or other reasons but will now feel compelled to for Avengers Endgame. I haven't seen Black Panther, Spiderman or Antman & Wasp and I'm pretty sure I missed nothing integral, I understood Infinity Wars just fine. I've only really been interested in Iron Man and Thor, my childhood heroes, and their films have given me enough to fully understand the Avenger films.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Were either of those helmed by someone who enjoys the "fuck you white males for existing in MY industry!" brand of combination racism and sexism? She might have clarified what she "meant", but you better believe that wasn't her actual thoughts on the matter, it was corporate jamming her feet directly into the coals to try and salvage their opening weekend.

Pretty sure it'll be out on netflix before endgame comes out so with a little patience, I can save the cost of tickets and snacks, and send a message. Win-win for me.
    I really don't think I could sit through it, even for free.

I understood here correct the first time but perhaps I'm no triggered snowflake...

My point is there are probably a lot of people who had no intention of watching this film due to lack of interest or other reasons but will now feel compelled to for Avengers Endgame.
    Wait, did they actually say that you need to see the movie or is that just an assumption?

7+ Year Old Account

And neither is this one, which is all I’ll say due to the multiple mod notes.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is there are probably a lot of people who had no intention of watching this film due to lack of interest or other reasons but will now feel compelled to for Avengers Endgame. I haven't seen Black Panther, Spiderman or Antman & Wasp and I'm pretty sure I missed nothing integral, I understood Infinity Wars just fine. I've only really been interested in Iron Man and Thor, my childhood heroes, and their films have given me enough to fully understand the Avenger films.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think I could sit through it, even for free.
    Again that’s one of the flaws of an interconnected universe there were Proabbly a ton of people not interested in each individual movie but way them any way becaus they wanted to be on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Wait, did they actually say that you need to see the movie or is that just an assumption?
    There is so much time between this and Avengers Endgame movie so there can't be any big connection and i think maybe some after credits shits only connect losely like many other marvel movies

Again that’s one of the flaws of an interconnected universe there were Proabbly a ton of people not interested in each individual movie but way them any way becaus they wanted to be on the up and up.
    Yeah, but so far you didn't have to watch any other movie to understand the story of any other movie. Even the movies with the bigger tie-ins were pretty self-explaining. Some joke might have been lost to you, but thinking about it briefly, I can't think of any key story element that was explained in another movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah, but so far you didn't have to watch any other movie to understand the story of any other movie. Even the movies with the bigger tie-ins were pretty self-explaining. Some joke might have been lost to you, but thinking about it briefly, I can't think of any key story element that was explained in another movie.
    Just off the top of my head if you didn’t watch civil war you wouldn’t know why the avengers are split/in hiding and if you didn’t watch ragnarok you wouldn’t know how Thor lost his hammer or his eye or why Loki was a good guy or where the hulk came from after being missing.