Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    omg I hate people like the OP, WHY why do people have to talk for you to enjoy the game? do you cry and poubt when no one's talking on the bus or the train? do you write a post on facebok telling everyone no one at the grocery store acknowledged your crappy attempt to socialize?
    WHO CARES, no one wants to talk, let them play the game.

My guild is big into Discord, and I am not. They're on Disc even on off Raid nights, and rarely do the green Guild chat. But I'm not a big fan of playing the game with a head set, for a couple reasons;

- I have young kids, and a head set closes me off the house, I can't hear what's going on around me and makes me feel isolated and almost in a dangerous position.

- I have a great 7.2 custom surround sound system, with great Klipsch speakers and amp, etc...I've been playing WoW since launch, and always with a killer speaker system. So head sets just aren't the same for me.

I just don't like head sets for gaming, when I have a wicked home theater setup. Plus what's wrong with typing in chat today ? My guild rarely used the green chat. Even when pugging M+ the blue party chat is almost noon existent, or just one word replies.

Not sure why players don't like to type chat anymore ? They just prefer head set use only ?

People stopped talking cuz they're tired of repeating the same things we said in Vanilla/TBC, and that was the ONLY thing people ever said: "don't stand in shit", "stop sucking", "hold aggro", "pull faster", "go", "gogogo", "oom", "I was oom", "just die don't drag mobs to the entrance", "somun plez" and the ever so popular "fuck this" followed by going offline.

Like seriously, I played and ran a shitton of dungeons in vanilla and TBC and wrath, that's all the chatting there was. What else do you want people to talk about? Their weekend? Their day at work? Fuck this shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    These things are the reason I have been slowly leaning towards liking FFXIV more than WoW during the past years. I was genuinely surprised how common it was in that game that randoms come up to you and start chatting, for whatever reason, be it that they like your character's looks or name or whatever.

If I tried that in WoW, I'd get on a lot of Ignore lists. I mean, I know where you're coming from. A lot of people in WoW tell me to shut up even when I say hello as I join a dungeon. Which is well.. not fun. But there's nothing we can really do about it, sadly. If people don't want to talk, you can't force them to. And sadly a lot of people like to act like dicks behind the guise of anonymity.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    My guild is big into Discord, and I am not. They're on Disc even on off Raid nights, and rarely do the green Guild chat. But I'm not a big fan of playing the game with a head set, for a couple reasons;

- I have young kids, and a head set closes me off the house, I can't hear what's going on around me and makes me feel isolated and almost in a dangerous position.

- I have a great 7.2 custom surround sound system, with great Klipsch speakers and amp, etc...I've been playing WoW since launch, and always with a killer speaker system. So head sets just aren't the same for me.

I just don't like head sets for gaming, when I have a wicked home theater setup. Plus what's wrong with typing in chat today ? My guild rarely used the green chat. Even when pugging M+ the blue party chat is almost noon existent, or just one word replies.

Not sure why players don't like to type chat anymore ? They just prefer head set use only ?
    Because you have to stop what you are doing to actually type. I imagine you are one of those people who prefer texting over actually talking on a phone too? Hell, even if you had the chat coming over your sound system, just you typing your responses in guild chat requires them to take their eyes off what matters to read and parse what you just typed.

Personally, voice (in all mediums) is superior than text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    When im doing warfront/IE/ random BG/LFR/random dung, i dont like the silence from start to end.
    It's something you do out of nessecity, not because you love it..

If people stop to chat, it only prolongs the pain of Warfronts/IEs.. I don't want the pain longer than it needs to..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic will bring us to the former glory of civil and polite communication.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I really wish people would chat more in guilds too.
    they do - its called using discord.

just like in game - its called voice chat blizzard put it there for a reason - its not their fault people refuse to use it because they are to scared of toxicity spread by elitest toxic people from mythic raiding/mythic + guilds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    cant wait for the new low of toxicity that classic realms will bring to the table

its gonna be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    When no content outside of organized premade stuff like heroic raids, or high M+, actually requires any communication in order to succeed, this is sadly what ends up happening. People don't communicate because the game, outside of m+ or premade raids, doesn't require social interactions in order to win. People are mostly half-comatose sitting and plowing through all the weekly loot pinatas they will with 99.9% certainty clear after mindlessly mashing buttons.

It's actually quite amazing what happens to a social game, if the content itself doesn't require you to be social. It turns into a toxic bubble ready to burst at any time. If you're uncertain how things work, it's better (result-wise) to just stay quiet and hope for the best, instead of exposing your lack of knowledge of the fight in question, and you risk getting kicked.
    It's not social there, either and in never was. Yes in harder difficulty people talk but only technical, about the pull, the adds, whatever. It's always been that way. Thats really not my definition of a social experience, thats a nessecarity you only do because you have to.
    Talk about the big game last night or the newest videogame in your M+ Chat and people still will tell you to STFU.
    So don't start your "Only Hardcores are social" nonsense.

I've only ever seen social chat in WoW in trade chat or guild chat, whenever people aren't actually playing but dicking around. And thats ok in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    thanks i have guild, not raiding since mid WoD, but still.
    Join an active guild.*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I don't mind silence in pugs provided everyone is playing as best they can. As we say at work, silence is acceptance. I rarely see a pug get too crazy. The newer raid has some mechanics that have made people need to communicate and I have seen a few jackass players get booted when they refused to listen to direction. As far as warfronts go I have generally had good interactions and when I ask for help taking or defending a point I usually get a "on my way" response and a few people show up to help.

=V=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they do - its called using discord.

just like in game - its called voice chat blizzard put it there for a reason - its not their fault people refuse to use it because they are to scared of toxicity spread by elitest toxic people from mythic raiding/mythic + guilds

- - - Updated - - -

cant wait for the new low of toxicity that classic realms will bring to the table

its gonna be epic.
    Yea I know, I guess I'm one of the last people alive who doesn't enjoy voice chat. I want to listen to music, not people talking

This pretty much is Blizzard's fault. By designing the game in such a way that you can do 90% on your own, and the rest people can be forced to play with you in order to get what you need done, they have created a game where the MMO aspects have all but disappeared.

People say "Join a guild" but truth be told... a halfway decent guild just doesn't exist anymore either, and for the same reason. There are a few I'm sure, but even they contain a small group of "regulars" with an ever rotating list of people joining, quitting, leaving game.

You cannot build a guild when the game really doesn't NEED a guild. Back in BC and Wrath... guilds were amazing... recruiting was always a thing, guild events were a thing. You didn't really have to look outside guild much for runs.

So the question is... did the "good" people leave? Or did the god people "change" into non-social troglodytes?

The latter, mostly. People will take the least path of resistance... and if solo play is faster, if not joining a guild means you are richer, if dropping a group and re-queueing is faster than working iwth a newer player?

So be it.

But if they make guilds required again... world grouping a thing, the economy is such that you NEED a guild to share resources with, people will once again enjoy making friends.

Sure there will be buttholes that quit... or try and buck the system... but if we had isolated server communities... they would have to accept the consequences of their actions.

In other words... just unsub until Classic is released. it's what the game should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    learn russian, join our servers, enjoy shittalk 24/7
    Hmmmm, no lags for EU, russian is easy, I'd like to give it a try.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Was this sarcasm? Because there was never civility and politeness is Vanilla

This is what you get when last 10 years all you do is band over and desing your game around players what doesnt like playing mmorpg games in first place. You can hardly blame players for this. Game desing shapes community not players. Wait for classic if you want active social community you wont find it in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Yes there was. Sorry. ut i amnot counting memes, sarcasm jokes or gaming slang as bad behaviour. You wont find toxic behavour at classic becouse it would completly ruin your server rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Join an active guild.*
    This is kinda hard. Most guilds on my realm are pretty much dead, raid logging or doesnt communicate at all.

I never really played the game back in Vanilla and TBC (other than dabbling in the occasional private server).

However, could the lack of social interactions stem from anonymity?

I think because you can just sit in a capital city and queue for things, the only relevant thing being your ilvl and maybe raider.io score, there's no need to create a persona for yourself. There's no reason to be funny or have a chat or make a name for yourself.

I guess back before cross-realm and all that, you had to establish yourself as someone who could be trusted, who you wanted to bring along to raids or dungeons.
    You did this by conversing, having a laugh and acting mature. Certainly not by being a toxic toddler, because you know that you'll never see/raid with these people again. Your attitude doesn't matter. Your personality is irrelevant. People just see numbers and ability now.

I don't know...just a thought.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath for this.
    I don't think that would be humanly possible hold my breath for anything coming only in the summer

That would be some kind of Guinness book shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I meant Classic Greece not WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

its gonna be epic.
    See this is the kind of positivity that will make Classic Great Again!
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2019-02-25 at 09:34 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

I usualy don't type on chat when I'm playing. Especially dungeons because you have to constatly run or do something. And you can't control your character well while you're typing. Also I am a man of few words so I never talk when I don't think it's necessary.

So the only times when I chat in the game is when I play with a friend or when there's some pause during some group content and you can type without loosing DPS. The thing is most of the time when I turn on a game I do this with a specific goal in mind, it might involve some chatting but it's never the goal in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I really wish people would chat more in guilds too.
    That is why Discord is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself