Got bored of my sorc, started a magblade and wow, what a difference. Magblade is crazy fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did you grab the sub? If you don't have the sub and only have the base game then there really won't be THAT many quests to start. And if you start with the sub, you'll just start in Summerset and Summerset is fairly linear.
    I bought the Elsweyr package. I believe it's base game + Morrowind and Summerset and a few other things like a mount and such. I don't have the sub though. I'll likely pick it up again when Elsweyr drops though. I did pay for it.

how big is this patch? it feels like I'M downloading the whole game again...

on another note: are there any good sites with good/cool builds?
    for example you dont have a druid, shaman, death knights, warlocks, etc in eso but trough builds you have them?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    how big is this patch? it feels like I'M downloading the whole game again...

on another note: are there any good sites with good/cool builds?
    for example you dont have a druid, shaman, death knights, warlocks, etc in eso but trough builds you have them?
    ESO patcher is...kinda shit. Even small patches take a long time to install, at least on a HDD. Download a 400MB patch, need to install 4GB+ of data : /

not using a HDD and I had to download over 25GB...
    "kinda shit" is not even close to what it is...
    atleast they fixed sth. last time I played eso (I think it was 2 years ago) I had to reinstall after every patch because I got an error message during/after loading a patch... (one of the reasons I quit last time)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    SNIP
    No worries at all, I appreciate people (including myself) don't sit all day in these forums waiting to post something asap! Plus, I was given some very useful advice already. A couple of things I wanted to ask:

1) is there is a way to know the quality (green/blue/purple) of the drops in overland content or is it pure RNG? One of the reasons I stuck with Mad Tinkerer is that all the drops were either blue or purple. On the other hand I went to Deshan to try and get Mother's Sorrow and the drops I got, including the staff from the quest reward, were all green. Clockwork City was a DLC zone though, does that make any difference?

2) Another set people suggested to me is War Maiden and from looking a bit at Vvardenfell it looks like an interesting zone (the serious gearing criteria of a casual, ha!)- do you guys think I should ignore it and focus on the other two or is it an acceptable option? For Julianos I need to get my crafting to 50 and from the gear allocation you suggested, it will take a LONG time because my jewel crafting is at 10.

Many thanks again for all the help and I hope the patching today goes well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    1) is there is a way to know the quality (green/blue/purple) of the drops in overland content or is it pure RNG? One of the reasons I stuck with Mad Tinkerer is that all the drops were either blue or purple. On the other hand I went to Deshan to try and get Mother's Sorrow and the drops I got, including the staff from the quest reward, were all green. Clockwork City was a DLC zone though, does that make any difference?
    Sadly it is purely RNG. But! You can always use the Improvement option from Crafting Stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    2) Another set people suggested to me is War Maiden and from looking a bit at Vvardenfell it looks like an interesting zone (the serious gearing criteria of a casual, ha!)- do you guys think I should ignore it and focus on the other two or is it an acceptable option? For Julianos I need to get my crafting to 50 and from the gear allocation you suggested, it will take a LONG time because my jewel crafting is at 10.
    If all of your skills are only Magic Damage, War Maiden is a fine set. 400 Spell Power is nothing to scoff at. However if your damage is a mix between Magic and some elemental damage (example: Fire Damage) you may want to consider something a little more all encompassing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know thinking about it we already know more or less what the next major zone after Elsweyr is going to be.... Whiterun has both the Throat of the World (Greybeards are likely to be important)
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, question for you Vampire ancients. Does the Dark Elf racial passive skill, Resist Flame, help any with the extra fire damage vampires take? Or is flame a different thing than just fire damage?

The only racial so far which bugs me is the change for stealth damage as a Wood Elf. Certainly is a nerf for that race as a Nightblade.That I can see and understand.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    The time it takes for my purchases from any guild store to end up in my mail is infuriatingly long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Dunmer racial is excellent for a Vampire, especially with the Burning immunity which is very big for PvP.
    I agree with the Bosmer change being awful. A lot of people rolled a character for stealth play and those people most likely rolled a cat or wood elf. All those who rolled a wood elf got screwed (I have a Khajiit Nightblade vampire for random theft and murder )
    Yep. Like me. I been thinking about making my Wood Elf a vampire just for some of the extra benefits any stealth char would get. My sorcerer Vampire is a Dark Elf and he is rocking, so good to know his racial does help some to reduce one of the negatives. Thanks for the reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    The time it takes for my purchases from any guild store to end up in my mail is infuriatingly long.
    What I found out is, if you go to another zone after you purchase a item(s), then it appears in your mail instantly. So, I buy something, go to another zone and it is in my mail. They need to fix that.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

<-- still weeping a little over my stealthy murder child not being as stealthy anymore. especialy since I still haven't stolen that dumb skooma bubbler recipe yet, let alone anything from murkmire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    <-- still weeping a little over my stealthy murder child not being as stealthy anymore. especialy since I still haven't stolen that dumb skooma bubbler recipe yet, let alone anything from murkmire
    Yeah. Was the reason I picked the Wood Elf race in the first place to play as a Nightblade. It seems to be a very unpopular change mentioned on the ESO forums. The great majority said it is only beneficial for pvp and are upset over the change. Useless for pve. Hopefully they will listen to the player base and maybe revert it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah. Was the reason I picked the Wood Elf race in the first place to play as a Nightblade. It seems to be a very unpopular change mentioned on the ESO forums. The great majority said it is only beneficial for pvp and are upset over the change. Useless for pve. Hopefully they will listen to the player base and maybe revert it?
    I try not to lose hope, but we've been begging for reversal ever since the change was originally announced as it stands right now, my bosmer stamblade is now in a situation that my imperial sorc used to be. just not putting points into one of her passives at all. which.. sucks.

I just pick a race because I like the look of it tbh.

My Redguard is a Warden Healer.

Haven't been keeping up on the racial passive update but I'm curious to see what my...uh...high elf? character's are changed to. I don't know ES races or lore, don't @ me (except for argonians and their lusty maids).

BUT OH MAN I AM SO HYPED FOR ZONE GUIDES!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Haven't been keeping up on the racial passive update but I'm curious to see what my...uh...high elf? character's are changed to. I don't know ES races or lore, don't @ me (except for argonians and their lusty maids).

BUT OH MAN I AM SO HYPED FOR ZONE GUIDES!
    zoneguidezoneguidezoneguide

10+ Year Old Account
    I was having fun theory crafting the Wood Elf racial. I agree, useless in Pve. And honestly not all that useful in PvP either.

But for Dueling!

Hide of Morihaus
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (5 items) When you Roll Dodge through an enemy, you deal 1840 Physical Damage and knocks them down for 3 seconds.

Eternal Hunt
    (2 Items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) When you use Roll Dodge, you leave behind a rune that detonates when enemies come close dealing 8125 Poison Damage and immobilizing them for 1.5 seconds.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Gonna start fresh on my pro as it will look better then my pc with my new tv, what is the best race atm after changes for a stamblade? and is it better to make two characters if i want a magblade to or can i just switch specs or will the racial be shit for the other spec?

Was thinking Wood elf before but i see alot of people hating on the new roll damage thing they got so i dunno. Pumped to run stamblade though as i will mostly solo i think that will be best for me with a vanish kind of ability.

I am hoping to get to do all on one chartacter as i was hoping to just have one char for everything, pve, pvp, crafting.

See I agree with most tasks that this is very much possible. However for someone who wants to focus on the stealth playstyle, not picking Khajiit means that your armor sets are suddenly locked in. Ultimately you want:
    Darkstalker from Vampire or Night's Silence 5p/Shadow Dancer's Raiment 5p (and not everyone wants to be a vampire)
    Night Terror 3p or Night Mother's Embrace 5p

A Bosmer now has to be a vampire or have both of his armor sets locked (and thus cannot pick a second complementary armor set like Stygian)
    Meanwhile my Khajiit Vampire will just grab Night Terror 3p and he has the best stealth he can get AND has Cutpurse
    this basically. I mean... my imperial is sorc healer even though I used to pretty much skip red diamond passive entirely. but stealth... stealth is different. not only bosmer not being stealthier than most races goes entirely against the lore, but it makes that much of a difference when it comes to justice related activities. i have tried stealing on other characters I have. its.... uncomfortable. my bosmer could still without switching any of her gear, VERY effectively. now.. I'm going to have to keep a fool thievery set on hand, in her already crowded inventory, just to get her effectiveness BACK. its... vexing :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Gonna start fresh on my pro as it will look better then my pc with my new tv, what is the best race atm after changes for a stamblade? and is it better to make two characters if i want a magblade to or can i just switch specs or will the racial be shit for the other spec?

Was thinking Wood elf before but i see alot of people hating on the new roll damage thing they got so i dunno. Pumped to run stamblade though as i will mostly solo i think that will be best for me with a vanish kind of ability.

I am hoping to get to do all on one chartacter as i was hoping to just have one char for everything, pve, pvp, crafting.
    we are not hating on new roll change. we are hating on loss of reduced stealth detection radius passive. if you are not planning on being a dedicated thief/assassin on your bosmer - they are just fine. if you want a thieving character, you are pretty much stuck with Khajit or carrying a bunch of extra gear now.