View Poll Results: What will be the theme 8th WoW expansion?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Void

111 47.44%
  • WotLK 2.0

69 29.49%
  • Underground

20 8.55%
  • Interplanetary/dimensional

9 3.85%
  • other (explain)

25 10.68%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With the info we have at the moment, the only "reasonable" expectation is void/light/death stuff. Wow does have a track record of unexpected twists though... I'd have expected void/light to be BfA after all.

I hope for a new "pandaria-like" expansion, where we get to explore new unknown "filler" lands with tons of new lore before unavoidably having everything be somehow connected to one of the primordial forces that have complete control over wow plots

It will be one of the two following

World of Warcraft: Into the Shadowlands

or

World of Warcraft: Return of the Black Empire

I think we're gonna be dealing with Death as a cosmic force (instead of a big baddie like the Lich King, we're gonna deal with a higher commander like we did during Legion and the... well, Legion), maybe throw in some Army of Light Yrel Light Nazi shenanigans, and then Void Lords?
    I don't know, hopefully it's something cool that advances the story and doesn't feel stale like a faction conflict.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So based on another thread, the vast majority of posters here believe there with be an eighth WoW expansion, so I'm wondering what is the general consensus of what it will be. The theme of the next expansion is also a bit more interesting because it will determine the 13th class for the game. Here are the major contenders:

1. Void: An expansion involving the void, and the void lords.
    2. WotlK 2.0: An expansion dealing with Bolvar or Sylvannas, the undead, and us returning to Northrend.
    3. Underground: An expansion dealing with the Alliance and the Horde venturing deep into Azeroth to save it from destruction.
    4. Interplanetary/dimensional: An expansion dealing with us venturing to other worlds.

I'm sure there's others, so I'm curious what other people think.

EDIT: Yeah I misspelled "eighth" so sue me.
    I think It will be void-themed, but I -want- It to be Interplanetary as you say, but to me that just means another planet. It's not hard to say, especially now that when Legion's gone there could be planets recovering or we could help recover from the Legion's attrocities, maybe there will be pockets of Demon Lords that rule over small areas of the planet we'll be on (Hopefully not too much, as people are sick of the Demon theme now for expansions to come).

And focus on the new RACES, new LANDSCAPES, new CITIES (And they make amazing cities lately lets be real here, Suramar, Boralus, Zuldazar? Amazing and lively I wish they remake capital cities In that sense), new ARCHITECTURE (Just wish It's not just like Draenei 2.0 on another planet or shit), new CHARACTERS and STORYLINE, could somehow connect the dots with Xe'ra and how the light Is actually not that nice and shiz. Perhaps now that the Legion Is gone they're not able to supress the Light-based fanatics on the planet who were in the minority, but now raise to prominence because of the Legion being gone and they try to take over the planet by force. And we arrive there to get resources, make friends and find that there's this fanatical group trying to enslave the planet In the name of the Zealous Naaru of some kind.

There's so many cool things they could do, but no matter what cool thing we as fans make up they'll do something three times as worse.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If, we got another expasion after this one will probably be yet another 2.0 of a previous expansion.

Just like BFA is Pandaria/Legion 2.0, we may got a Wrath 2.0 or yet another TBC or Cataclysm or whatever.

Copy and pasta will ruin every bit of originality.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    With the info we have at the moment, the only "reasonable" expectation is void/light/death stuff. Wow does have a track record of unexpected twists though... I'd have expected void/light to be BfA after all.

I hope for a new "pandaria-like" expansion, where we get to explore new unknown "filler" lands with tons of new lore before unavoidably having everything be somehow connected to one of the primordial forces that have complete control over wow plots
    You should read "The Twofold Light" expansion concept. There is a thread on this forum. I'll paraphrase your post:

I hope for a new "pandaria-like" expansion, where we get to explore new unknown "filler" lands of K'aresh with tons of new lore, but also some explanations to old lore before unavoidably having everything be somehow connected to Light and Void that have complete control over wow plots
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    If, we got another expasion after this one will probably be yet another 2.0 of a previous expansion.

Just like BFA is Pandaria/Legion 2.0, we may got a Wrath 2.0 or yet another TBC or Cataclysm or whatever.

Copy and pasta will ruin every bit of originality.
    Mist and BFA are only similar in plot and themes. Gameplay is more similar to Legion(Which was hailed and admired minus a few people noted on here).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I like the idea of an underground expansion. Sort of a Journey to the Center of the Earth vibe. But I could see us starting there and moving on to the void thought the expansion. It would be a good chance to introduce us to Undermine as one of the entrances to this inner realm and maybe the Nerubian area under Northrend as another. And with the Alliance and Horde being weakened from their struggle in BFA I could see the two factions needing to join forces once again to save Azeroth. For certain though I do foresee a return to tier armor. Something similar to islands (maybe Geodes), and some sort of Invasion system at some point. What we could do withought would be another variant of Warfronts or Garrisons and the heavy rep grinds of mindless world quests. Give us more Mage Tower and less Tortolan style world quests. If I hear that another turtle made it to the water one more freekin time I may take my own life

=V=

I *THINK* it will be "Void".

Now, what I HOPE for?

I was a complete and total "reset" for the world. Horde and Alliance disbanded, all of the great civilizations wiped clean off the planet. Instead of the current world (which is essentially dominated exclusively by the Horde and the Alliance), I would have the world left completely untamed, with only small pockets of people left, struggling only to survive.

No "great nations" or "big cities". Maybe keep the Capital cities intact, but everything else would be a fresh start. Maybe throw us like a thousand years into the future, where nature and the "mongrel races" have reclaimed Azeroth, and we're tasked with pioneering it once again and leading our races to prosperity. All that would be left are *some* ruins, but essentially it would be a fresh start for the Lore. Maybe a couple of Lore characters are still alive, or even got thrown forward in time with us

My thinking is this: the Titan-Soul of Azeroth awakens, purges the corruption from Azeroth, and shelters us for a thousand years until the world is in need of us. We awaken, with only a few remaining tribes or clans of the varying races left in the world, and Azeroth hopes we will lead them to prosperity once again. And with that, the Titan-Soul fades away (maybe purging the corruption from the planet was fatal).

Thus, we the players not only become "Adventurers" once again, but we are unique in that each Class is now using what it considered to be "ancient" techniques and/or spells. Hell, maybe that's what we become in the Lore; not "Champions" or "Heroes", but "Ancients". I actually love the idea of that, as it leaves things ambiguous enough your character could be evil, you are simply an "Ancient".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Heh. This is the first time ever there is an expansion speculation thread without a south seas option.
    Yup, bfa is the south sea's xpac.

Not what everyone imagined I don't think.

Personally I would probably prefer a void themed expansion. Maybe other worlds/planets, ethereals and such.
    Underground content could also be fun. Not sure I want a Lich King/undead story right now.

Maybe we'll get an undead/life focused expansion. More Sylvanas, the Lich King, Taelia, Calia, Anduin, the Shadowlands, etc. They could also make that nerubian underground kingdom reality here - and a lot of players really wanted to see that place.
    Maybe we'll find out mechagnomes/goblins have been fighting nerubians underground for all these years, and that's how we get new allied races + tinker class and the nerubian kingdom at the same time - and also a lot of underground content that Blizzard could shape however they want as we know nothing about it.

I'm surprised they haven't done anything with Galakrond. Maybe Wrathion resurrects him to win x war, but something goes wrong and we need to kill Galakrond in a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I fear we get a WotLK 2.0, which might revamp Northrend and ruin it

I hope for something completely new and fresh. A new continent somewhere, not this divided crap we have in BFA either.
    agreed, even though they will put an npc to talk to that phases you back to the old version i will still be very sad to see it go! that and outland are 100% my favorite areas,

I don't know regarding the direction of the story elements, but I think it will be the best yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion dealing with dead beings and representitives of death.

Bwonsamdi, Lich King, Sylvanas, Cailia Menethil, Shadowlands etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria 2.0. Panda Land revisited (hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a void expansion either, but its just not as interesting to me. Void creatures have nearly no personality and killing them doesn't feel as satisfying.
    Yes the Void probably needs a turncoat that jumps to their side but that's likely not enough.

My original idea for the Void was that it was borne out of the experiments into bloodstones that were conducted by the Royal Apothecary Society. Way back in vanilla, they discovered these bloodstones and were trying to figure out how they worked. They were a mixture of the 4 primal elements and blood. I thought perhaps what happens is they get adept at harnessing the power of these stones and then, several years into the future, they create a primitive Old God from them. Then the members of the RAS go back in time with this technology and establish a system of Old Gods they can use to control not just Azeroth but the cosmos. But then something goes wrong, they face a great opponent and get shunted out of the universe into a nothing place called the Void. Now they are trying to get back into our universe and still have control of their Old God creations as they try to break back in.

That storyline provides an origin for the Void Lords and gives them a personality, depending on which characters you want to add to the RAS stable prior to their banishment from the universe. Also, its really cool that the RAS create the Old Gods.

As it stands, the Void Lords need to have some sort of connection with the vast stable of current lore characters to make them interesting, or they are just a faceless group we are bored to fight.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am almost sure this will be Wotlk 2.0 a lot of things done in BfA proof it clearly :P Especially Sylvanas is going straight to be next Lich King.

I'm hoping the Lich King (Bolvar Fordragon) will be revisited some day. There is also the Twisting Nether...Void....Great Dark Beyond. Both good choices. I'd like to see Dark Rangers / Wardens. San'layn/Darkfallen Alli Race for Horde DKs.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2019-02-26 at 09:14 AM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Probably Void/Shadowlands, hopefully something more surprising and not in the "I'm surprised they chose a boring faction war as the main theme" kind of way.

They could literally do anything... and it would be better than BFA. The gnomes could build a machine that opens a wormhole to another system and planet. We would have to explore and make an outpost. A completely new race, etc.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle