Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Eh, this all got off onto a weird topic.

Like I said, all I want is to rein in their stomachs *a bit*, maybe beef their chest up, to better fill that "strongman" vibe they're supposedly trying to convey. Current model just doesn't look right, the stomach is TOO distorted. I think it would still keep the same "vibe" and "look" for the Kul Tiran, but looking way more intimidating.

As it stands, it just doesn't work visually. Not only does the texture stretch to an insane degree (which has the dual impact of making armor look unrecognizable, AND ceasing to look like "armor" entirely), but their silhouette is just totally out of whack.

I'm not saying "make Kul Tiran males lean and ripped", I'm just saying they need to be reined-in *slightly*. Not a major transformation, but as it stands, they look terribly in quite literally any set of armor in the entire game except for SOME of the MOST RECENT sets, because they rely on new geometry instead of textures. But then, is Blizzard really going to release a race that doesn't look even remotely acceptable in 99% of the game's armor?

Maybe they are trans-pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No one has seen a strong man before I take it?

Gut is working as intended, no nerfs required.
    What men.? I only see nice cheerleaders here <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    What men.? I only see nice cheerleaders here <3
    Someone is sex deprived lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Except you're just claiming it's a fetish, a completely ludicrous statement to make based on what I've presented in this thread.

Big bellies ruin Kul-Tirans for you. Other people think they're fine, still others don't care one way or the other, and then there are some who think it's just nice to see a diverse range of sizes and shapes.

I think the issue is that you need to get over your idea that your individual personal opinion is somehow objectively correct or somehow makes the opinions of others irrelevant. Especially considering that what you're saying goes against the actual fact that characters with physiques like WoW's Kul-Tirans are a pre-existing fantasy archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard made the character models, which pretty much makes the rest of what you've said completely irrelevant. They look the way Blizzard intended them to, regardless of what you think they meant with their written description.
    yes, totally a fetish. Normal people don't like big bellies.

They will probably end up as another Pandaren, slightly maybe more played. The same arguments you are now spinning were used for pandas. Fat is fat in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    yes, totally a fetish. Normal people don't like big bellies.

They will probably end up as another Pandaren, slightly maybe more played. The same arguments you are now spinning were used for pandas. Fat is fat in the end.
    Sure, and some people like pandas. I don't, but I also don't shit myself trying to say that Blizzard should remove them because they're fat models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    No, because the ogres are fat stupid and lazy. They're not burly and husky like what the KTs were described.

By your logic, I can create a race and describe them as being fat retards with scarlet red skin colour and wings, but then design them to be skinny, blue skinned, wingless and extremely intellectual. What stupid logic lol

Quit white knighting
    Your hyperbolic example only goes to show that you're incapable of looking at this objectively and are responding with emotion. The difference between how Kul-Tirans were modeled and how Blizzard described them is nowhere close to the dimorphism shown in your example. Regardless, the entire game uses exaggerated features as an integral part of its art style. It should be surprising to no one that a body type described as burly or husky has an exaggerated belly, and it makes as much sense to be mad about it as it does to be angry that everyone's hands are disproportionately large.

You may also want to ask yourself why you care so deeply, because there is no rule that states Blizzard must make all races appealing to all people. There are plenty of races I find aesthetically unappealing, even downright ugly, but I'm not campaigning for them to be changed or removed from the game just because I don't like them.

You may also want to do some basic research on Warcraft's ogres if you think they're all fat stupid and lazy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Sure, and some people like pandas. I don't, but I also don't shit myself trying to say that Blizzard should remove them because they're fat models.
    Pandas alone are not the problem. Fat pandas yes. The lowest played race. Remove? No. Just remodel to open them for normal people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas alone are not the problem. Fat pandas yes. The lowest played race. Remove? No. Just remodel to open them for normal people.
    "Normal people", like the kind of people that will cry on an online forum about how they haven't been catered to.

Not everything has to be specifically modeled to suit your tastes. At this point all I can say is get over it and get over yourself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

youl just have to Empty your HOLD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Your hyperbolic example only goes to show that you're incapable of looking at this objectively and are responding with emotion. The difference between how Kul-Tirans were modeled and how Blizzard described them is nowhere close to the dimorphism shown in your example. Regardless, the entire game uses exaggerated features as an integral part of its art style. It should be surprising to no one that a body type described as burly or husky has an exaggerated belly, and it makes as much sense to be mad about it as it does to be angry that everyone's hands are disproportionately large.

You may also want to ask yourself why you care so deeply, because there is no rule that states Blizzard must make all races appealing to all people. There are plenty of races I find aesthetically unappealing, even downright ugly, but I'm not campaigning for them to be changed or removed from the game just because I don't like them.

You may also want to do some basic research on Warcraft's ogres if you think they're all fat stupid and lazy.
    My example was an example of your logic, you absolute tard lmao

The fat KTs are an inclusion thing especially with how the females are designed. It looks like they grabbed the nearest twitter user who frequents liberal hashtags in office and designed the model after her.

I know my lore on ogres. Doesn't nullify the fact they are indeed fat stupid and lazy.

At this point you're just circlejerking yourself over thinking inflating a character model is an art style, which in of itself is ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of you people are just never ever ever ever happy. It's always something. God forbid something isn't liked by you but my many others. Why can't everyone have a little something? Why does it always have to appeal to everyone or nothing at all.

"Normal people", like the kind of people that will cry on an online forum about how they haven't been catered to.

Not everything has to be specifically modeled to suit your tastes. At this point all I can say is get over it and get over yourself.
    Yes, normal people like that who are majority of WoW players.

Just seek psychotherapy and don't try to normalize your fetishes. It is simple as that.

I'll use Rex's logic on him. You do realize that "normal" people do not play video games nor post on forums, right? A minority of humans on Earth do either of these things. Must be some sort of fetishes- video game fetish and a forum fetish. What an abnormal way for someone to think.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I'll use Rex's logic on him. You do realize that "normal" people do not play video games nor post on forums, right? A minority of humans on Earth do either of these things. Must be some sort of fetishes- video game fetish and a forum fetish. What an abnormal way for someone to think.
    That's terrible reasoning. Comparing video games which are played by millions, probably billions to some fat gay bear or whatever fetish.

That's terrible reasoning. Comparing video games which are played by millions, probably billions to some fat gay bear or whatever fetish.
    It's not unreasonable that there are more people with that fetish than WoW players, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not unreasonable that there are more people with that fetish than WoW players, actually.
    But WoW is not a fetish, it is just another game. While that fetish is just that fetish no matter its overall population.

10+ Year Old Account
    But WoW is not a fetish, it is just another game. While that fetish is just that fetish no matter its overall population.
    And you're still the one getting mad over a video game not perfectly catering to you in every way

Problem with Kul Tirans is not that they are fat. Its that the armor is deformed because of them being fat since its all textures painted on a model.

He looks like Eddie Hall. That's not an uncommon strongman body-type.
    So Kul Tirans should be able to easily pull +500 kilo haha

Quote Originally Posted by babberton View Post
    So Kul Tirans should be able to easily pull +500 kilo haha
    Given their size, probably quite a bit more. Though they should also need more of those muscles to move their own body mass due to Square-Cube.