Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Will Blizz allow cross server grouping like live?
    No.. It have been confirmed more than once.

Only two exceptions from original Vanilla:
    1: CRZ enabled in the "first few weeks"
    2: Battle.net integration, without cross server grouping.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

any change except optional graphic improvement is unacceptable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    it's not like Vanilla is coming out this year
    Official statement is "Release Summer 2019"...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

After reading this subforum i can tell this is the most cancerous community i've ever witnessed xd

Good luck lvling on dead realm without cross realm raids :P

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    I hope not. Vanilla is about small communities, not impersonal 15 minute zergs.
    Not if the private server community have anything to say about it. They want changes to vanilla by using mega servers instead of the authentic realm caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    By all demands, sure it shouldn't? I mean, wasn't a thing, and is partially a thing complained about too..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    In my humble opinion, cross server grouping was a big part of what killed the vanilla/community feel. So bringing that into a vanilla relaunch would defeat the purpose of even trying to relaunch vanilla.
    QFT. Cross server anything is cancer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Not if the private server community have anything to say about it. They want changes to vanilla by using mega servers instead of the authentic realm caps.
    That depends entirely on which PS community

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    All this cross realm shit is half of the reason why the current WoW is pure trash. It doesn't belong in retail and it certainly doesn't belong in Classic.
    the problem is the playerbase. not all of it, just the shitty part. so, most of it

One of the purpose of classic is to restore a sense of server community, so I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    They need to just not have multiple servers.
    People are right saying that cross server stuff does not equal an authentic classic feel, but we SERIOUSLY need to stop worrying about that so much so that we aren't willing to examine what will cause problems for the game.

The #1 thing I worry about with Classic is how multiple servers will keep active and engaged player bases.
    So many of the people excited for Classic seem to be carrying over the stuff I hated seeing on Private servers, where basically 50 percent of the server was leveling with no intention of serious group made content, and the other half seemed to unlikely to run with anyone other than their guild that as numbers got lower and lower, there was basically no way to get anything done without silly means like paying tanks and what not. This would lead to situations where people would just write off servers with a smaller population as dead, and lead to this unhealthy fixation with population over all instead of actual community as if the ONLY possible way to enjoy Classic was to be on the highest populated realm possible.
    Meaning if there are 12 realms, 9+ of them will be ghost towns within 6 months.

This NEEDS to be addressed, because the most important thing about classic was that it was a budding, growing game that needed to be adding new servers and services to keep up with the expanding population.
    This changed how the game and its systems worked.

That will NOT be the case in 2019, so we should not be sticking blindly to old plans just to emulate the past.

The easiest solution is 1 server for each region and type.
    One PVP, one PVE etc.

Then no mergers will be needed, and no "fresh realms" down the road when people get bored.
    No thanks, we dont want to play on servers with 10k players online at same time, thats just not blizz like. Never was. Increasing the natural vanilla server pop caps by that much just destroys the gameplay and feeling of a server and introduces problems like having to alter mob respawn rates.

People who like overcrowded privat server populations or think its how it actually was back then never played original vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No.. It have been confirmed more than once.

Only two exceptions from original Vanilla:
    1: CRZ enabled in the "first few weeks"
    2: Battle.net integration, without cross server grouping.
    CRZ will not be enabled, it was sharding that will be, they are two different things. CRZ takes people from different realms and shoves them together, sharding will take people from your own realm and split them into different instances. Everyone on a sharded realm will be from the same server, unlike with CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    My plan is to just wait until realm names are released and then coordinate with the rest of the community to which realm we will be playing on. Not trying to get fucked and choose the realm that happens to have 100 people on it.
    I suspect Blizzard will greatly underestimate the popularity of Classic. I don't foresee dead realms. All we know at this time is that vanilla pirate servers were the most popular servers, and they tended to just keep growing relentlessly in population until Blizzard shut them down. The upper bound of growth was never reached on the pirate servers so this could get out of hand pretty quickly. I definitely see Classic surpassing retail in population.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I suspect Blizzard will greatly underestimate the popularity of Classic. I don't foresee dead realms. All we know at this time is that vanilla pirate servers were the most popular servers, and they tended to just keep growing relentlessly in population until Blizzard shut them down. The upper bound of growth was never reached on the pirate servers so this could get out of hand pretty quickly. I definitely see Classic surpassing retail in population.
    Maybe, if the classicers can get past paying a sub fee lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I don't believe they will, i don't believe they should.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, if the classicers can get past paying a sub fee lol
    The same classicers that have been donating generous amounts to keep some Pservers alive and kicking? I would worry much about that if i were you tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    CRZ will not be enabled, it was sharding that will be, they are two different things. CRZ takes people from different realms and shoves them together, sharding will take people from your own realm and split them into different instances. Everyone on a sharded realm will be from the same server, unlike with CRZ.
    You are absolutely right, my bad..

But the essence of what I wrote is still correct..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You are absolutely right, my bad..

But the essence of what I wrote is still correct..
    I knew what you were going for, I just didn't want people running saying Classic is screwed cause of CRZ lol

No they won't. Zero chance of that happening.

With suggestions like this popping up all the time it's easy to see how much feedback oriented the game is in it's current form....

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    The same classicers that have been donating generous amounts to keep some Pservers alive and kicking? I would worry much about that if i were you tbh.
    Nope, not them, the ones that bitch about having to have a sub fee to play what used to be free
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Nope, not them, the ones that bitch about having to have a sub fee to play what used to be free
    Who's bitching? Where are them?