Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    lol... big boobs are bad...
    I disagree

See how different people can find different things attractive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    It sounds like a cliché, but attractiveness is largely subjective based on different personal influences and cultural backgrounds.

Granted there are some traits are considered universally desireable traits like symmetric faces but they're a minority relative to many external factors.
    Nope this is a load of horseshit.

The ideas surrounding beauty have never been universal then or now. The idea we have about beauty today are based on marketing. Thus are as artificial as the beauty they claim to represent.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Aesthetics are objective, but nobody has figured out, quantitatively, how aesthetics work. So it's an unsolved mystery.
    We certainly know how certain traits become attractive. In many hunter-gatherer or other primitive societies, being overweight was seen as attractive because it meant that you had abundance. Long after humans first developed civilizations up to even modern day in some cultures, it became an attractive trait to be pale as that meant you did not have to work outside, but here in the West, many have come to find being darker or tan as more attractive to an event, because that must mean that person must have a lot of time for recreation.

lol... big boobs are bad...
    If you are guy, they are bad!
    If you are girl, they are great! You sound like you don't have much
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    why do we make them believe they are not ugly? if they are ugly... why should we not say they are ugly?
    I have met so many women that think they are beautiful... but I haven't met any more ugly than them...personality-wise. You don't sound so beautiful yourself, with that attitude. We are just lucky to be born with maybe finer genes, but that doesn't make us better or more superior to them. You should respect people you think are ugly even more, cuz they may have a harder life because of it. For example, people that are born into rich families are more lucky when it comes to money, but that doesn't mean they got more care and love from the family etc. Also, it depends from each person, who they think are ugly or beautiful. Just look at beauty and the beast!

Atleast, I believe much more in a beautiful mind and heart, than I believe in beautiful looks.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We certainly know how certain traits become attractive. In many hunter-gatherer or other primitive societies, being overweight was seen as attractive because it meant that you had abundance. Long after humans first developed civilizations up to even modern day in some cultures, it became an attractive trait to be pale as that meant you did not have to work outside, but here in the West, many have come to find being darker or tan as more attractive to an event, because that must mean that person must have a lot of time for recreation.
    Overweight in that time period and overweight in this time period are two fairly different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i understand subjective attractiveness quite well.

but ugly is objective, and it doesn't matter if someone is attracted to it.

would you say that a girl taking a fat shit is an ugly process? yeah, it's an ugly process, but some people are attracted to watching just that.
    Well, I'm fairly certain the same rules that apply to attractiveness also apply to being unattractive as well.

Most people are considered average, not over-the-top beautiful and not completely unattractive. Two people might look at the same person and like and dislike different things, but at the same time agree on other aspects of their appearance.

I would say that bodily excretions are a fact of life and not something avoidable, but your last point is what I mean - that just because someone is considered unattractive by one person doesn't mean someone else won't like them. Different people, different tastes. You might not be attracted to them yourself, but it doesn't mean that no one will, and it doesn't mean that they'd be delusional for thinking they're attractive, especially if someone actually did find them attractive.

If you don't accept that, well, there is also a thing called humor and personality. Which I'm fairly certain is something people love to point out as the most important factor any time someone makes a thread about someone else not being attractive for flaws in their appearance.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope this is a load of horseshit.

The ideas surrounding beauty have never been universal then or now. The idea we have about beauty today are based on marketing. Thus are as artificial as the beauty they claim to represent.

This, Aphrodite godess of love, was considered the beauty 2000 years ago. I'd say not much has changed in the last 2000years, except the haircut

edit: 33-26-38 I think
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2019-02-27 at 10:31 PM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Never. I'll never stop. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY!
    Haha, Christina Aguilera song lyric =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Omfg no not even close. That's not scientifically demonstrated or remotely close to being considered true like at all. If it were we wouldn't have a planet of nearly 8 bn. Or issues with people of all different sexual taste.

Unless you subscribe also to the thinking behind that purported myth that white people are objectively the most attractive. Which is precisely where that bullshit comes from.

It's not nice to tell stupid people that they are stupid to their face either. Even if it's an ugly stupid face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post

This, Aphrodite godess of love, was considered the beauty 2000 years ago. I'd say not much has changed in the last 2000years, except the haircut
    Except Aphrodite didn't fucking exist and most women never looked like that now or then.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Probably the same reason why you keep making these topics?

Surely you must have figured out that pretty much everything you question has been answered by "because it is subjective"?

Also, all these topics make me re-live the years when my children were very small and all you get it "but why, daddy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    Well, I'm fairly certain the same rules that apply to attractiveness also apply to being unattractive as well.

Most people are considered average, not over-the-top beautiful and not completely unattractive. Two people might look at the same person and like and dislike different things, but at the same time agree on other aspects of their appearance.

I would say that bodily excretions are a fact of life and not something avoidable, but your last point is what I mean - that just because someone is considered unattractive by one person doesn't mean someone else won't like them. Different people, different tastes. You might not be attracted to them yourself, but it doesn't mean that no one will, and it doesn't mean that they'd be delusional for thinking they're attractive, especially if someone actually did find them attractive.

If you don't accept that, well, there is also a thing called humor and personality. Which I'm fairly certain is something people love to point out as the most important factor any time someone makes a thread about someone else not being attractive for flaws in their appearance.
    i'm saying that just because something or someone is ugly, doesn't mean it can't be attractive.

it's ugly, objectively. attraction to it doesn't change the fact.

http://i.imgur.com/rN9bCPD.jpg

^that is objectively ugly. there's still some sick motherfucker out there that'd fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Except Aphrodite didn't fucking exist and most women never looked like that now or then.
    She looks pretty average to me mate.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm saying that just because something or someone is ugly, doesn't mean it can't be attractive.

it's ugly, objectively. attraction to it doesn't change the fact.

http://i.imgur.com/rN9bCPD.jpg

^that is objectively ugly. there's still some sick motherfucker out there that'd fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I regret clicking that link.
    it thinks it's beautiful, too. which is where we get into delusion vs. confidence.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    For PC reasons, inclusivity and positivity. But it's just a plain old lie.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I don't think you'd have to be sick. I mean there are people who want dragon dildos out there
    i mean, at least horse dongs are aesthetically pleasing.

that thing is just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Overweight in that time period and overweight in this time period are two fairly different things.
    There's a difference between what I would define as overweight and what I would consider obese. Obviously you had to be fit enough to at least move well, especially since a high level of fitness was required in more primitive socities to successfully function.