Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    That list is complete bullshit since Blizzard doesn't fucking give out any Sub-Numbers.
    You're an idiot. Stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Despite negative reactions and apparent players abandonment, WoW is still in the top 10 money earners:

of course it is the doomsaysers have been wrong from the first day of WoW not shocking BFA is doing fine regardless from a few cry babys say.

That list is complete bullshit since Blizzard doesn't fucking give out any Sub-Numbers.
    Sub numbers aren't relevant to earnings considering the report would likely include microtransactions, token sales and service costs. I mean, cmon... We all know by now that WoW is being paid for by the whales.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    How dare they!

Why are people so obsess with active sub numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    The denial is strong with some people in this thread.

Can't understand that they make money other ways than subs.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How do you people survive in the real world if you think like this.

Do you really believe BFA sold 3mil? 3.4mil was THE FIRST DAY NUMBER, aka pre-orders and first day.

Do you understand how many buy it after the first day? Only myself i gave out like a hundred BFA, not even counting the 5 Battle Chests or so for new kids, and i only worked retail/e-shop for 2 months, and this was in November/December, not at launch day, and this in Greece where WoW is an almost irrelevant game.

Its amazing what kind of stupid shit people will type in these forum in order to pretend "WoW is dying".

No one cares if you unsubbed, you arent special, we all have unsubbed at some point in WoWs life.
    We can't really compare BfAs pre orders and first day sales because you could actually buy this expansion with in-game gold and there was a *ton* of gold in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why are people so obsess with active sub numbers?
    idk, it's not a good indicator of success of the game at all.

Money made is, engagement is.

If they have 3m-5m subs and make more money than ever, than isn't the game more successful than when subs peaked in wow because of millions of people from asia paying cents to be considered an active sub?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    We can't really compare BfAs pre orders and first day sales because you could actually buy this expansion with in-game gold and there was a *ton* of gold in Legion.
    You do realize that if they paid via b.net balance from gold, that someone had to spend MORE money for this to happen?

Why do you guys think buying with gold doesn't make blizz money? Someone else paid for it, and P.S, it's a $20 spent to $15 received conversion rate.

I cannot fathom how stupid some people are in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    idk, it's not a good indicator of success of the game at all.

Money made is, engagement is.

If they have 3m-5m subs and make more money than ever, than isn't the game more successful than when subs peaked in wow because of millions of people from asia paying cents to be considered an active sub?

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that if they paid via b.net balance from gold, that someone had to spend MORE money for this to happen?

Why do you guys think buying with gold doesn't make blizz money? Someone else paid for it, and P.S, it's a $20 spent to $15 received conversion rate.

I'm not saying how much it costs, when or where.

I'm saying BLIZZARD ALLOWED THIS PARTICULAR EXPANSION TO BE BOUGHT WITH IN-GAME GOLD. NO OTHER EXPANSION IN HISTORY HAS BEEN ABLE TO BE BOUGHT WITH IN-GAME GOLD, SO NO WONDER IT "BROKE SALES"

You can, reality is, not many people run around with 1mil gold, as required back then to buy the expansion with 3-4 tokens.

Some do, i know one that did but generally even so, tokens are money still, someone else paid for them, in reality they actually gained more, didnt lose anything.

You can, reality is, not many people run around with 1mil gold, as required back then to buy the expansion with 3-4 tokens.

Some do, i know one that did but generally even so, tokens are money still, someone else paid for them, in reality they actually gained more, didnt lose anything.
    Never said they lost anything, I'm saying no wonder it "broke sales". You could buy the expansion with in game gold for fucks sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying how much it costs, when or where.

I'm saying BLIZZARD ALLOWED THIS PARTICULAR EXPANSION TO BE BOUGHT WITH IN-GAME GOLD. NO OTHER EXPANSION IN HISTORY HAS BEEN ABLE TO BE BOUGHT WITH IN-GAME GOLD, SO NO WONDER IT "BROKE SALES"

Expansion sales - also relatively useless, especially if 3.4m expansion sales made the more profit than ever before, because of wow tokens.

These numbers, expansion sales, subs, all useless.

You know what does matter?

Bottom line.

If they had 2m expansion sales day one and record breaking wow revenue, stockholders would be cheering. Blizz would be cheering, and also reinvesting into wow, as they are now.

Never said they lost anything, I'm saying no wonder it "broke sales". You could buy the expansion with in game gold for fucks sake.
    Nah, i really do not believe thats the case, its mostly that WoW is so old and it keeps gathering people, the newer generation is getting bored of the bullshit games and some try it out, the old generation are generally expansion hoppers, they might not sub for more than 1-2 months but they buy the expansion too.

Back in 2012 it had over 150million accounts created, and we generally know it peaks to 10-12mil every expansion the last 3 expansions, even when "WoD was so bad", because people simply expansion hop, which Blizzard loves it cause they throw 50-60e and who knows how much else on extra services, and they disappear, only to redo the same every now and then.

Expansion sales - also relatively useless, especially if 3.4m expansion sales made the more profit than ever before, because of wow tokens.

These numbers, expansion sales, subs, all useless.

You know what does matter?

Bottom line.
    You still can't compare it to, say, WoD. WoD was not able to benefit from people farming as much as they wanted in-game for gold and xferring it to Bnet balance to buy the expansion.

WoD sold 3.3M copies without the ability to benefit from an Xfer to Bnet balance. BfA sold 3.4M copies WITH the ability to benefit from Bnet balance.

D E A D

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, i really do not believe thats the case, its mostly that WoW is so old and it keeps gathering people, the newer generation is getting bored of the bullshit games and some try it out, the old generation are generally expansion hoppers, they might not sub for more than 1-2 months but they buy the expansion too.

Back in 2012 it had over 150million accounts created, and we generally know it peaks to 10-12mil every expansion the last 3 expansions, even when "WoD was so bad", because people simply expansion hop.
    I'm willing to bet this is no longer the case. If it was, Activision would most definitely announce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can't compare it to, say, WoD. WoD was not able to benefit from people farming as much as they wanted in-game for gold and xferring it to Bnet balance to buy the expansion.

WoD sold 3.3M copies without the ability to benefit from an Xfer to Bnet balance. BfA sold 3.4M copies WITH the ability to benefit from Bnet balance.

D E A D
    You actually cannot come to that conclusion without knowing how many of those people who bought it with gold would of also bought it with irl $$, or who wouldn't have bought it had it not been gold.

Since you don't know that, you are just flat out wrong, as your argument is lacking key facts.

Maybe every single one of those people buying it with gold would've bought it with irl $$, the thing is, you don't know.

No one does.

D E A D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to bet this is no longer the case. If it was, Activision would most definitely announce it.
    They did, in their own subtle way, especially with Legion, they no longer say "This number" they say "Same number as the last 3 times we said this".

Been the case for awhile now, its how we knew Legion went over 10mil, because WoD did.

Generally, the amount of money they will lose to investors in court if they lie..Its something companies dont do.

As i said a few pages back, people seem to not have a clue about basic economy.

You actually cannot come to that conclusion without knowing how many of those people who bought it with gold would of also bought it with irl $$, or who wouldn't have bought it had it not been gold.

Since you don't know that, you are just flat out wrong, as your argument is lacking key facts.

Maybe every single one of those people buying it with gold would've bought it with irl $$, the thing is, you don't know.

No one does.
    Your asshole is so raw from taking Activision's cock so deep. I'mma pray for you baby :c

PS: WoW is dead/dying, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    "Top selling games by digital sales"

Do you buy League of Legends now?
    No, you do buy plenty of additional things for it though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next time, wait a few minutes before making yourself look so foolish
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Voidywoidy View Post
    2 store mounts and a 6 month pre-purchase mount probably made it happen.
    The 6 month thing for the mount was back in September and wouldn't have shown as 4th quarter sales.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."