Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Yea too bad we didn't kill her.

People cry about Sylvanas' plot armor but Jaina's is bigger.
    What a load of nonsense. Sylvanas should've had the Alliance, the Horde and several neutral factions baying after her blood even before Cataclysm.

You don't get much more plot armour than, "We have to stop Garrosh because he's gone too far! Oh hey Sylvanas glad you could make it back from your concentration camps."

What plot armour of Jaina's are people crying about? Because she survived her boss fight? Seems to me like whenever people cry about plot armour on Alliance characters it can be summarised as, "this character did something against the Horde but they're not dead yet? PLOT ARMOUR! BAD WRITING! LE GOLDEN DID THIS!"

Saurfang, Lor'themar, Baine, Liadrin, Zappy boi, Vol'jin.

Do you want a longer list, or is that enough to disprove OP's Alliance fanboying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Steve "the Blightcaller" Danuser is Golden's boss. He is senior narrative designer. This guy loves to tell everyone how much he loves Nathanos. He isn't "only a symptom". Look at his twitter posts.

https://www.twitter.com/moorgard/sta...35936104714240

https://www.twitter.com/Moorgard/sta...72863953059841

What does humans hogging the spotlight have to do with Tyrande and Malfurion making Nathanos run away like a chicken? There are no humans in Darkshore, the point of that warfront was to show off the Night elves. You want to know who is actually hogging the spotlight? Nathanos. Explain how he is in both Darkshore and Dazaralor at the same time. Both battles are suppose to be happening at the same time. That is why Anduin and Tyrande had the disagreement and fought on different fronts. But somehow Nathanos is at both locations. Rokhan should have been the Horde representive in Dazaralor raid. Instead we get Nathanos hogging more screen time. Hmmmmmm. I wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

Danuser is Golden's boss and could stop her stupid Anduin bullshit if he wanted to. But he doesn't and that makes him just as bad as Golden for letting her shit get through.
    tbf they do the same thing with genn greymane who is supposed to be a part of the dilemma the alliance is having. he decides the worgen are going to help the night elves but then he just shows up in darza alor anyway. now sure he doesn't actually show up in the warfront in person but they specfically put a spotlight on him making this choice with the drama being that its one or the other and hes like haha sorry anduin my wife would kill me if i dont help the night elves. so its completely stupid for him to be in bod.

now im not saying nathanos isnt a cringeworthy self insert or that blizzard don't deserve to be mocked endlessly for their incompetent storytelling and worthless mess of an expansion. because he is and they do. but they didnt just make this humiliating error because he's a self insert. they did it because they have thrown all pretense of consistency out of the window and rush through all these stories writing them as complete hack jobs that children would be insulted by. who's gonna help the night elves?? uhh the worgen there were worgen in teldrassil. hey isn't genn already at darza alor? yeah but who gives a fuck.

i guess another problem is that there just arent that many interesting characters in wow or at least not ones blizzard is willing to use. heck ever since legion someone seems to have a real boner for genn so maybe he is a self insert. its appropriate for one of the aging out of touch buffoons at blizzard to pick genn as the character they identify with most.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Since you guys REPEATEDLY seem to be misunderstanding the timeline, here we go:
    Warning from Medivh > going to Kalimdor > defeating the Legion. Stop. THEN they built Theramore to live in.

Why? Why not simply return back to their homelands? Why build a home in a horrible swamp a stone's throw from a race you've warred against and with whom there is a great deal of animosity?
    Sometimes that foothold is worth it to keep an eye on your enemy. Also, it’s a seaport in eastern Kalimdor something the Alliance lacked.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    He's talking shit to try and make her lose her cool, not making a well reasoned argument to start a discussion with her.
    This. And it's not ironic at all.

This is an excellent example of a taunting strategy that is often used. The goal in this kind of mocking and taunting is to cause an impulsive emotional reaction that gives you an advantage. Let the enemy enrage and attack without holding formation for example. Or even better, while attacking and murdering alliance troops cause one of the powerful adventurers to become so angry they'll cry on a forum about how mean you are. Kind of... ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    Why do you assume a random Zandalari would know this? For all you know the only thing they hear about Jaina is that she betrayed her own people and that's it..

Not like theres some lore nerd around every time someone tells a rumor about someone going like "WELL ACTUALLY..."

Ever seen Band of Brothers? Theres this scene where a captain shoots prisoners and that story spreads like wild-fire throughout the troops and everyone heard something different when they talk about it in some scenes.
    literally this.. People here never read a book and assume that every living NPC in a game has the same knowledge that we do. Adorable really

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    literally this.. People here never read a book and assume that every living NPC in a game has the same knowledge that we do. Adorable really
    That's actually a lot like the test with which you can verify if if a child has developed self-consciousness. It's basically a story of two children playing together in a room, one child leaves and the other hides the toy in a chest. Where will the child look for his toy when he comes back? Only someone who is self-conscious knows that the child in the story did not see where the toy was hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Sometimes that foothold is worth it to keep an eye on your enemy. Also, it’s a seaport in eastern Kalimdor something the Alliance lacked.
    Maybe because at the time it was the ONLY presence the Alliance had in Kalimdor?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in Disguise View Post
    Is there anyone left in the Horde with the ability to think?
    They are her enemy, and they are trying to kill each other, making the other mad to make rash desicions help on the idea of "killing" the other

It's not like there's anyone still at Blizzard that actually gives a shit about what happened in Warcraft 3 beyond mining it for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Yea too bad we didn't kill her.

People cry about Sylvanas' plot armor but Jaina's is bigger.
    Yeah it is bullshit just like with not killing Garrosh at the end of MoP, Jaina must die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

seriously.. did any of you people ever pick up this magical collection of paper and print? called a book.

In there, there is a magical system of what is called a story. Within those stories, people have knowledge, knowledge of what they know. NOT all knowledge like what you all demand here. That's not how storytelling works. I know it's a huge shock, take some time.
    Ow wait.. never mind.. I am talking to the community that thinks Game of Thrones is the pinnacle of storywriting, "You know nothing jon snow" is a meme, and in the meantime rage at a random NPC for not knowing every detail of the world he lives in.. Irony abound.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    What's next, you gonna call Anduin a "boy king"?
    i hate that so fucking much. you can tell someone on the team thinks it's so cool for her to say it, and it's not. it's so fucking lame i wanna turn my goddamned sound off.

op it's a zandalari troll, who isn't a part of the horde at that time, and probably doesn't even respect the horde.

In the Jaina fight, Captain Zadari, a Zandalari Troll from what it sounds like, mocks Jaina by saying "I have heard of you, Jaina Proudmoore. De little girl who betrayed her father and lost her brother to war."

Does she realize the irony, that Jaina betrayed her father in order to help the very same Horde that the Zandalari are about to join? Not to mention, why did her brother die? Who was responsible for his death and his unholy resurrection?

Some people don't like betrayal and backstabbing even if it benefits them. Look at Jamie Lannister, everyone hates him even if it speed up the fall of King's Landing. This whole xpac is about honor and Honorable deeds in the face of hard choices. Jania may have come to terms with it, and she may have been forgiven by her family, but she effectively murdered her father, and for some the good does not wash away the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Jaina fight, Captain Zadari, a Zandalari Troll from what it sounds like, mocks Jaina by saying "I have heard of you, Jaina Proudmoore. De little girl who betrayed her father and lost her brother to war."

Does she realize the irony, that Jaina betrayed her father in order to help the very same Horde that the Zandalari are about to join? Not to mention, why did her brother die? Who was responsible for his death and his unholy resurrection?

Bootlickers gonna lick boots. Also, the Zandalari are pretty inept when it comes to international relations or knowing anything about non-Zandalari as a whole.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're talking shit while she's flying on her disc looking actually badass as fuck.

That whole scene gives me the chills when I see her flying around talking. She's badass is what it says to me.

Then when she "runs" and freezes them all, the fight in it's entirety is like, some of the most badass badassery we've seen in a while.

Yes, I love jaina and am alliance, so bias af. But i've seen hordies even admit Jaina this entire xpac has just been a badass.