Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Ppl seem worried about Quest Helper addons and such and MOD support basicallly adds everything through mods that retail has atm. Group Finder addons, Quest addons, Hell I think there is even a Loot all addon. I'm just saying ppl that want Vanilla to be like Vanilla was at launch are gonna be butt hurt over these addons. With addons enabled the only difference between Vanilla and Retail will be content. Cause ppl are a lot smarter now than they was then, if the game now has a problem that can be fixed with a addon, it will happen.

TLR Addons Fix everything (sort of).
    Blizzard has stated they are still deciding on what will be allowed and what won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSthat View Post
    I noticed a lot of of threads about classic wow and how a lot of people are going to be expecting it to be very vanillery which it should be because thats what everyone wants. But we also need to be rational about what really make classic wow classic. A game i can compare to this is Runescape, look at how they are doing with their Oldschool Classic it was a big hit. Their is stuff in their that isnt classic but it still has the classic feel because the community votes on what should and shouldnt be in the game. What i believe is for classic to thrive the way it should no matter how much we want "classic" there will have to be a few modifications over time to keep the players coming back and new players coming. I like classic wow a lot and i cant wait to play it again. But we all know without quest helper and qeueing for dungeons new players probably arent going to want to stick around for to long because we have unfortunately a generation of people who "gotta have it now" and don't want to wait on everything and be patient. Blizzard should vote on updates like OSRS and only if more than 75% community votes it in it will be put in the game.

I am not saying at all that we should have to cater to these kinds of people. But what i am trying to say is after the first few month or so the game will start to eventually stale out if certain things aren't put in.

But i do hope that classic will be what it should be and that people are driven to experience what world of warcraft really was about. It was about having fun and being part of communities that felt like family. I remember when i used to log into ventrilo and play with people every day. Now a days people just login to games a bit and then logout without actually getting involved as much with people.
    Lmfao 'I want WoW classic, because the current WoW has many QoL features I dislike, and I want to go back to the old Vanilla feel... however, I want the QoL features'... wat? This is so next level. Let me guess, you want that to happen so that you can make a post 1 year from now, crying about how blizzard ruined your 'baby'?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Wow nice source.

No, I mean for that retail player don’t want classic to happen. Because I can find a lot of wow should have ended after woltk posts but not any for shutting down classic
    One is saying that they’re upset at how the game changed after wotlk

And many players were outraged at the mere thought of people wanting vanilla, and still to this day tell pro-classic players that their preference of wow is wrong and that nobody will play because vanilla sucks so bad and bla bla bla.

Nobody is asking for either side of the game to be shut down except for the loud idiots lol, one group hates the games current iteration, and a large part of the other group bashes the other because they want vanilla. I thoroughly believe that if blizz implemented a OSRS style of vote, that modern players would wreck the votes simply because they think wow classic is a complete waste and they would love to see the day that classic players complain about classic servers and quit

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple, most players come from private servers who want the game to be unchanged, and if Blizzard don't please them, they will just go back to the servers.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I want Classic WoW with SOME QoL features from the current live version. People are so hung up on "IT NEEDS TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS ORIGINAL VANILLA WOW OR I'M NOT PLAYING" but wait when people start playing and all of a sudden mobs turn gray when another player tags it, and you have to loot every corpse you kill.. or when you have to carry mounts around in your bag because there wasn't a mount collection tab back then...

You can have the original Vanilla experience with some of today's features and still keep the integrity of the experience. Again, I feel like everyone just screams for 0 changes but in reality, I can't imagine them actually wanting to fight with people on their own faction for quest mobs. *shrug*
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    The problem here is that the RS community is less toxic and the RS3 players can’t/won’t vote to ruin the game, modern wow players will share the same sub and will flock by the millions to vote for shit to ruin classic just to be spiteful, modern players simply cannot accept that classic is going to be a thing
    Solution: make the vote require a level 60 character.

No retail baby is going to spend the month(s) to level a 60 just to vote against the spirit of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I feel like I'm in the minority, but I want Classic WoW with SOME QoL features from the current live version. People are so hung up on "IT NEEDS TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS ORIGINAL VANILLA WOW OR I'M NOT PLAYING" but wait when people start playing and all of a sudden mobs turn gray when another player tags it, and you have to loot every corpse you kill.. or when you have to carry mounts around in your bag because there wasn't a mount collection tab back then...
    Yeah, there are some things that you could change without breaking "the vanilla feel", like AoE looting, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and never crossed.

Mobs open-tap? No, that would completely break the feel of questing. Mount/pet tab? Again, not vanilla.

We're getting vanilla with all of its flaws and inconveniences, not some frankenstein of modern features and vanilla features.

You can have the original Vanilla experience with some of today's features and still keep the integrity of the experience. Again, I feel like everyone just screams for 0 changes but in reality, I can't imagine them actually wanting to fight with people on their own faction for quest mobs.
    You do realize that Classic is being made for people who are already fans of vanilla, yes?

I don't think anyone realizes that, hence people like you still pushing these "hurr people r gonna reliz it sux xddd" crap arguments. Like.....bruh, we've been playing vanilla for the past 10+ years on private servers. WE KNOW what the game is like. We KNOW what we're getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

No retail baby is going to spend the month(s) to level a 60 just to vote against the spirit of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there are some things that you could change without breaking "the vanilla feel", like AoE looting, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and never crossed.

Mobs open-tap? No, that would completely break the feel of questing. Mount/pet tab? Again, not vanilla.

We're getting vanilla with all of its flaws and inconveniences, not some frankenstein of modern features and vanilla features.

You do realize that Classic is being made for people who are already fans of vanilla, yes?

I don't think anyone realizes that, hence people like you still pushing these "hurr people r gonna reliz it sux xddd" crap arguments. Like.....bruh, we've been playing vanilla for the past 10+ years on private servers. WE KNOW what the game is like. We KNOW what we're getting into.
    lvl 60 required is a good move if this were implemented.

And thank you for the last post, why do people bring up nostalgia and rose tinted glasses with people who literally have vanilla open in another tab as they type this lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the misconception... we're getting "Classic WoW" not "Vanilla WoW". Like I said, I feel like I'm in the minority, and don't expect most people to agree with my feelings towards it. I feel like you can get that Classic WoW feeling while adding a few modern conveniences. Yes, there needs to be a line, and that line shouldn't be crossed and its up to Blizzard to make it right. Tbh, I'm a fan of Classic WoW because of the hard reset and everyone starting over. I've always wanted a WoW2, and this will sorta be like that, in a backwards kinda way.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Thats the misconception... we're getting "Classic WoW" not "Vanilla WoW".
    So you're saying that Classic is going to be, somehow, SO RADICALLY DIFFERENT than vanilla that vanilla fans are going to hate it?

y'know, conveniently ignoring all of the "we're trying to be as close to 1.12 as possible" from Blizzard and such

I feel like you can get that Classic WoW feeling while adding a few modern conveniences. Yes, there needs to be a line, and that line shouldn't be crossed and its up to Blizzard to make it right.
    The problem is when you ask for "modern conveniences" that radically change the overall feel of the game. Mob tagging was an intentional addition to vanilla, and having mobs be open-tap would be a major change to the questing experience. Mob tagging incentivizes you to group up and play with other people.

Having a mount/pet tab is pushing it, since it frees up a LOT of bag/bank space, depending on how many pets/mounts you have.

Something like dual spec would be okay since you can already respec as many times as you want, adding dual spec just makes it less of a pain in the dick to do. Could even keep its original cost (1000g) just to make it a luxury thing and keep some of the gold sink from respeccing.

10+ Year Old Account
    We want raw vanilla!
    We need moded vanilla! and progresive server to TBC/WOTLK

So you're saying that Classic is going to be, somehow, SO RADICALLY DIFFERENT than vanilla that vanilla fans are going to hate it?

y'know, conveniently ignoring all of the "we're trying to be as close to 1.12 as possible" from Blizzard and such

The problem is when you ask for "modern conveniences" that radically change the overall feel of the game. Mob tagging was an intentional addition to vanilla, and having mobs be open-tap would be a major change to the questing experience. Mob tagging incentivizes you to group up and play with other people.

Having a mount/pet tab is pushing it, since it frees up a LOT of bag/bank space, depending on how many pets/mounts you have.

Something like dual spec would be okay since you can already respec as many times as you want, adding dual spec just makes it less of a pain in the dick to do. Could even keep its original cost (1000g) just to make it a luxury thing and keep some of the gold sink from respeccing.
    Mob tagging wont be an issue later on, but I just imagine the frustration when it launches and everyone in the first zone is trying to kill the same mobs. We'll see I guess. I'd definitely want dual spec, but thats a huge QOL improvement to the game, and there's a lot of purists that argue against it. Tbh, as long as the questing experience is good and feels like the original, I'll be happy. I'm excited for the hard reset and actually having gear feel exciting to get again, and not just handed to us.

Mob tagging wont be an issue later on, but I just imagine the frustration when it launches and everyone in the first zone is trying to kill the same mobs.
    That's what sharding is for.

Which will also be removed later on when the population spreads out.

Completely against the osrs style voting system. If you want changes you have retail. Let classic be classic

I'm contemplating the odds of which one people will be yelling more in classic:

'i want to have fun' vs 'i need a tank/healer to finish this place!!!'

my predicting odds are 1:1000

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Completely against the osrs style voting system. If you want changes you have retail. Let classic be classic
    I think at the beginning there shouldn't be changes at all, but at some point when even the most "semi-hardcore" guilds have cleared Naxx, Blizzard should implement new changes and they would be kinda stupid not to, if classic is a huge success for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    I think at the beginning there shouldn't be changes at all, but at some point when even the most "semi-hardcore" guilds have cleared Naxx, Blizzard should implement new changes and they would be kinda stupid not to, if classic is a huge success for a longer period of time.
    i disagree completely, doing that would just force those who subbed only for classic to run away back to private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Ppl seem worried about Quest Helper addons and such and MOD support basicallly adds everything through mods that retail has atm. Group Finder addons, Quest addons, Hell I think there is even a Loot all addon. I'm just saying ppl that want Vanilla to be like Vanilla was at launch are gonna be butt hurt over these addons. With addons enabled the only difference between Vanilla and Retail will be content. Cause ppl are a lot smarter now than they was then, if the game now has a problem that can be fixed with a addon, it will happen.

TLR Addons Fix everything (sort of).
    A lot of that stuff existed back then, too. No changes, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Blizzard has already stated they don't care how many people play it because it is being done as a museum of sorts. So how about we just leave it alone and if " new " people dont like it, oh well.

Changing some of this stuff fundamentally changes the game. Its gonna vary enough as it is because of it needing to run on battle.net.
    Can you provide a source for this? I've never seen Blizzard come out and say we don't care if people play Classic. They are a company, and this project would not have been green lit without management and executives seeing potential ROI for this project. You are talking hardware, time, and resources being devoted to providing this service. No business puts out a product and says eh, we don't care if anyone uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Can you provide a source for this? I've never seen Blizzard come out and say we don't care if people play Classic. They are a company, and this project would not have been green lit without management and executives seeing potential ROI for this project. You are talking hardware, time, and resources being devoted to providing this service. No business puts out a product and says eh, we don't care if anyone uses it.
    It shouldn't be hard to find, it was in one of the original discussions they had when they first introduced it, heck it may have been from the first big discussion they had on it.

I can't remember the direct quote atm, but it went something along the lines of even if only 10 people were playing it that it would exist as a museum of sorts.

It's not made up.

Ok found it or at least part of it from a PC Gamer interview. Quoting J. Allen Brack:

"I think there will be a lot of tourists," he adds. "But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important.

link to article: https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-...a-wow-servers/

Having a harder time finding the museum bit, it may be from an interview that is behind a pay wall or something. ( I'm not turning ads on for this mess ) It may just be a pointer back to the " preserving something " from the same interview.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2019-02-28 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Wow nice source.

No, I mean for that retail player don’t want classic to happen. Because I can find a lot of wow should have ended after woltk posts but not any for shutting down classic
    Read this forum and notice the ungodly amount of people who shit on Vanilla ? In a forum that is dedicated to Classic ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there needs to be a line, and that line shouldn't be crossed and its up to Blizzard to make it right.
    Last time we let Blizzard draw the line, they started from Vanilla and ended up with BfA over 14 years.
    So in 14 years of lessons about what to change and what to keep, they went from a gem to a turd.
    No thanks, I'll keep the red line at the very beginning and don't trust them to know what to alter in Classic.