Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    If that's true then I stand corrected.
    I had a "no lifer" experience a while back when they released the earnings files.

Here is the "net revenues"

https://i.imgur.com/shCnu6n.png

"Year Ended" is the entire year.

As you can see "subscription, licensing and other revenues" iis twice the money they make than Product Sales.

Making money has nothing to do with dying game, they've been losing sub since wod and considering all the shity monetatazation schemes(6 m mount, "limited" pets lol witch the they are not) of course they still make money but the players are not benefiting from it. The game gets shittier each expac and when there wont be enough people "the whales" to buy their garbage the game will truly be dead.
    And dont worry they will relase the new racaes with op racial so people do race changes then nerf them later, but eah a corporation making money with shity schemes is a good thing for the averege player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    If the game loses half its players, but the remaining ones pay three times their sub costs via micro-transactions then yeah the game will look more profitable, but is it really a good sign for the future of the game?
    Its a game made for the whales and clueless no standards people who play 2h a week so in that regard it will continue to "succeed" and be profitable for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its a game made for the whales and clueless no standards people who play 2h a week so in that regard it will continue to "succeed" and be profitable for a long time.
    Pretty much.

Game hasn't been about making an enjoyable or passionate experience for a long time.

It's about milking those whales with cash shop mounts and keeping the MAU count up with crap timegates.

Not sure what's trying to be "proven" with threads like this. I personally don't care if Blizzard makes 100 trillion off of WoW. I and many others simply do not like the direction the game has gone. Most real fans are more concerned about the merits of the game rather than it's financial status due to whatever gimmick or scheme they're using. I think its safe to say that most people here don't have any major financial interest in Blizzard stock.

The people arguing that WoW is "dying" are about as clueless as those creating threads like these. You can stuff dried dogsh*t into a box and sell it like nickel hotcakes if you market and hype it well enough. Rest assured WoW will be milked dry for years to come. The funniest thing about all this is that Blizzard truly doesn't give a fuck about anyone's opinion here, pro or con.

- Seriously what is it you do?
    - P.L.E.A.S.E.

10% of those revenues are from limit moving to ally
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Not sure what's trying to be "proven" with threads like this. I personally don't care if Blizzard makes 100 trillion off of WoW. I and many others simply do not like the direction the game has gone. Most real fans are more concerned about the merits of the game rather than it's financial status due to whatever gimmick or scheme they're using.
    "You and many" (and myself included) are not the target audience anymore.

And money speaks

If Blizzard is making millions of profit...everything is good in their eyes.
    There is absolutely no problem.

Sucks to be you (and me)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I mean it's an alright expac. Why wouldn't it make money? BfA Derangement Syndrome leads people to be overly dramatic about minor things they don't like but in the end they are still just minor things they don't like, and that others might like.
    The class problem isn't minior, but 8.2 looks like it will fix it. I haven't got a scooby doo why they didn't have the azerite neck give more active ability and interaction like the artifacts did. I mean we all saw it coming too, which is why I think most peeps were pissed at the state of class's,

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Nothing in the OP's post said anything about quality. Financial health and income from the game is all that's there. People don't understand reality, I guess.
    If the game is making millions of profit...tell me why should Blizzard change the "formula" of the game?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it not a valid metric for considering the health of the game?
    It is, provided that the person using the metric understands how to use it

If the game loses half its players, but the remaining ones pay three times their sub costs via micro-transactions then yeah the game will look more profitable, but is it really a good sign for the future of the game?
    Actually, yes, it is. I'll explain:

WoW is an old game. In PC game terms it's very, very old. The fact that it is even alive and going strong still is rather remarkable. So people need to understand the sub numbers in that context.

Now, given that, as an old game, it can be expected to lose subs, but it still needs to generate revenue if it's going to remain a viable entity.

I am not saying it wouldn't be healthier for the game to have more subs. However it shouldn't be hard to recognise that maintaining revenue despite (inevitable) sub losses is important for the game's survival.

So instead of following those sheep who hate on the shop because, you know, that's what all the cool kids do, try to recognise how it is, in fact, vital to the health of the game, and be thankful for those who do actually spend money on it, because they are, like it or not, what is keeping the game alive and healthy.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    That list is complete bullshit since Blizzard doesn't fucking give out any Sub-Numbers.
    You have no idea how publically listed companies work, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't cheer on a game that milks its userbase left and right through overpriced services, that gladly increases their store in a game that has a sub fee.

Because who needs a good game and growing sub numbers when you can simply throw shit at your remaining userbase who will gladly eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Nothing in the OP's post said anything about quality. Financial health and income from the game is all that's there. People don't understand reality, I guess.
    OP was only a graph, and most of the people hating on the game do so because of the games quality where they hardly thrash on the game not earning a lot of money anymore. There are actually hardly people talking about how much they make anyway, yet for others its a way to try to demean the so called ''haters''.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I had a "no lifer" experience a while back when they released the earnings files.

Here is the "net revenues"

https://i.imgur.com/shCnu6n.png

"Year Ended" is the entire year.

As you can see "subscription, licensing and other revenues" iis twice the money they make than Product Sales.
    I'm at work now and can't see it, but thanks! if only we could know the difference between subs and "other revenues"

I'm at work now and can't see it, but thanks! if only we could know the difference between subs and "other revenues"
    Here is what it says on the asterisks

"Subscription, licensing, and other revenues represent revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, licensing royalties from our products and
    franchises, downloadable content, microtransactions, and other miscellaneous revenues."

Yeah but is all meshed together we dont know individually

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Here is what it says on the asterisks

"Subscription, licensing, and other revenues represent revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, licensing royalties from our products and
    franchises, downloadable content, microtransactions, and other miscellaneous revenues."

Yeah but is all meshed together we dont know individually
    I will never see microtransactions as something bad unless you can't obtain it by playing, even if it's cosmetic. At the end, it's your money and your time, this is not because of you it's something I think, if blizzard eliminates payed race change boosts and everything like that, would people who don't want to level the races do it? I don't know, but I don't think that should affect you as a player in any way, if someone wants t pay it well it's ok it's their money, I personally won't pay for it unless I'm swimming in money, I'll level up de AR I like little by little, with patience, music and relax time haha. But this is just what I think.

Now this question is weird but, if blizzard said all of the release dates of all the patches before the expansion, would people be more confortable with it? you could plan your subscriptions with it I guess.

For now I want that story from 8.1.5 and 8.2, 8.0 and 8.1 except the new raid has been "meh"

I will never see microtransactions as something bad unless you can't obtain it by playing, even if it's cosmetic. At the end, it's your money and your time, this is not because of you it's something I think, if blizzard eliminates payed race change boosts and everything like that, would people who don't want to level the races do it? I don't know, but I don't think that should affect you as a player in any way, if someone wants t pay it well it's ok it's their money, I personally won't pay for it unless I'm swimming in money, I'll level up de AR I like little by little, with patience, music and relax time haha. But this is just what I think.

Now this question is weird but, if blizzard said all of the release dates of all the patches before the expansion, would people be more confortable with it? you could plan your subscriptions with it I guess.

For now I want that story from 8.1.5 and 8.2, 8.0 and 8.1 except the new raid has been "meh"
    Oh 8.2 got me REEEEEEAlllllllly excited.
    I want to experience it 100%.
    I dont know what will i do once my sub expires in a week...but i sure as hell will come back in 8.2.

I find it amusing that people are actually taking this top ten list as actual proof... That website doesn't have hard data to go by, only ATVI know what their turn over is for Jan 2019.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    That list is complete bullshit since Blizzard doesn't fucking give out any Sub-Numbers.
    you are still living with 2008 mindset, wow is no more sub game profit based.

it has shops/tokens/alliedraces(swaps) that probably generate way more money that the game did when it had 10m subs.

wow blizzard team is bigger than ever, and guess what? they are putting 20% more on it, that tells me something.