Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    the only person at fault here is the shitty father for buying a dog he couldn't afford and not paying the taxes required of him like everyone else and being in a wheelchair doesn't absolve him from his responsibilites.
    You don't know what happend. We only know the dog was seized, not how the family came in financial problems...

This topic is about the morality of seizing a pet course of a debt, the rest is speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I would fully agree.

This being said, the article looks so surreal, it's almost impossible to believe.
    Ok name me a family member you alone can have fixed, declawed or put down legally because you don't want to pay for anymore treatment?

Go on I'll hold until you come up with one.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Alright your'e in debt. Let me get your daughter, she'll get some good money on the pedo market. The not so funny thing, is that I think at some point in civilization that was a common thing.
    A dog and a child are different legal entities. Also, you do not buy your daughter with a pedigree from a breeder for a lot of money. Such a dog is considered luxury, and so a seizable object. Particulary in relation to not paying the legal fees and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    They wanted to seize the wheelchair... of a wheelchair bound man? What the absolute fuck.
    Yeah, that's the really fucked up part.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Fuck the children, they'll get over it. It'll be a life lesson for them. But since you like to talk about morals, how is it moral that I pay for their enjoyment with my tax money without getting to keep a dog for myself?
    Confirmed for never having loved a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    TBH there is too much being left out to fully grasp what is going on here to really judge this but i still say taking someones pet is a shitty thing to do especially when i doubt the bills are in the hundreds of thousands and at best is prolly a few thousand euros which couldve and shouldve been handled where the guy could make reasonable monthly payments without his quality of life becoming intolerable.
    The dog's original value was 1800 Euros. So... you were saying?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

The dog's original value was 1800 Euros. So... you were saying?
    Yes and when was it bought? Was it bought before he became a raspberry ripple or afterwards?

Or do you get off kicking someone when there down or in a wheelchair or both?

But hey i guess rules are rules and we all know where that led to didnt we......

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    There are alot of "if's" and "mabeys" in your argumentation. I rather stick with the facts, oke?
    I am sticking with facts. That was the first paragraph you ignored. The second paragraph is my opinion on people not paying their taxes. You can ignore that if you like, but why ignore the first paragraph? You're really just emotionally dialed in to whinge about this no matter the logic behind it. You don't care... I should pay so these irresponsible people can keep their dog. Yeah, sure man... how about you put your money where your mouth is and pay my bit for me? How about that?

Disgusting.

Sometimes I think Germany could have been a much nicer place hadn't they killed all the funny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    You're almost sad RT didn't pick it up earlier i'm sure.
    Lol, this made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

There's so many things to say about this.
    A. I don't feel pity for people who bought a $750+ dog, but can't pay their bills.

B. Normally I would say taking a pet away from people should only be done if it's for the pets well-being, but I could maybe see a case if you were buying crazy expensive pets to avoid paying debt or something. I'm not presented with enough information to know if this was the case or not.

C. If the story is to be believed then the dog had some serious expensive medical issues that the original family would not have been able to pay for and perhaps they weren't caring for the dog properly?

D. The person that bought the dog is suing because of having to pay for medical bills for the dog whereas the initial feel I got from the story was they were trying to make it come of as suing because of the family situation.
    Last edited by Raging Fungus; 2019-03-01 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Why does the fact that the father is handicapped have any relevance to the story? Oh right, it doesn't.

On topic, I can't believe there are laws like this. I suppose pets are considered property, so this makes sense, but shouldn't the family have a choice on which property to sell in order to pay the debt?
    Animals aren't property. BGB 90a states so.
    Animals are excluded from seizures. Exceptions are made if the dog is of high value.

To everyone bitching about how they could do such a "cruel" thing:

Those fuckers had debts, got several different household items seized and still didn't pay their debts.
    People like that who even think it's ok to buy expensive animals even tho they KNOW that they can't afford it are the cruel assholes here.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Well ... I guess you make a good point. Some people consider pets part of the family but yeah I guess we can't make it equivalent to an actual child. Pretty sure though that some people with no kids would consider their long owned pets their only family; it would be brutal to take it away.
    Thing is, was it a mixed breed/ mongrel, they got from a friend or so, nobody probably would have given a damn. But a dog, costing nearly 2000 dollar are completely different matters, which is, generally, like jewelry, expesive cars/ clothings... not something, a family in debt has.

Germany isn't Greece
    What an odd topic to throw in some old fashioned Teutonic-brand nation bashing. Yeah, we aren't Germany. We don't seize wheelchairs from cripples and family pets for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Confirmed for never having loved a pet.
    You don't know me or my history, who's making the big assumptions now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Why does the fact that the father is handicapped have any relevance to the story? Oh right, it doesn't.
    "Initially, a wheelchair from the Stefanie spouse seemed to have the most value, but because the wheelchair was owned by an insurance company"

I think the fact that he is handicapped and not just some lazy bum has relevance, especially because they considered taking the guys wheelchair.

Yes and when was it bought? Was it bought before he became a raspberry ripple or afterwards?

But hey i guess rules are rules and we all know where that led to didnt we......
    You know.. when equality meant we make paraplegic people responsible for their actions, that hasn't occurred to people before, has it? He's not brain damaged, he can get help from the state. All it takes is a phone call and rolling your wheel chair to the authorities. I don't see how his condition matters concerning the dog. About the wheelchair? Yes, that's outrageous... but somehow these emotionally unstable people only want to talk about the dog. Seems strange to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Seizing pets to pay debts? How the fuck is that legal? No way in hell I’d let my hounds be stolen off me by greedy debt collectors.

10+ Year Old Account

Why are we taking this to emotional level Slant didn't take dog. He didn't create the circumstances the dog was taken. That was the owner you seem to be advocating loved the dog do much.

I also think Slant understands the emotional part of this by what he's written. I agree it was a dick move. But yeah this isn't about morality it's about the law.

The owner rules and his family like the dog are being punished for it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Police agent Michaela Jordan.

For those outside eu. Thats not now law works regarding debts to whoever they may be. The only way anyone can take something from you is if its a clear signed contract where you give your rights to specific assets in case of inability to repay a debt. Theres no nazi michael jordan stealing your family pug for the glory of the evil eu. If you owe taxes and debt to the state the worse you're gonna get is a lock on bank accounts and official revenues.
    Thanks Michaela Jordan but also wheres the german link? All I found is a bogus netherlands link to this crap.

Iam gonna end by saying though i dont know the full case this should never have been allowed to get this far where they was thinking about taking a wheel chair but instead decided to take and sell a family pet.

I know how brutal bailiffs can be and i know how much petty jobsworths at county councils can be (My HOA would make Stalins USSR seem like a liberal paradise!)

This shouldve been settled amicable on both sides with a reasonable debt reconstruction where the disabled guy could make payments that is reasonable to clear the debt.