Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ya know, I’m not one to believe in sweeping, wide spread conspiracies of the elite class, but this shit really makes you think that there is this cabal of sexual predators that work in our government and religious institutions.

So I have a question, was the vote like that because bipartisan politics are more important than everything or because the Republicans really think like this?
    Or... it's both, the worst case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Freedom of Religion includes freedom to obstruct justice and abuse children?

Can someone point me to the verse in the Bible where it says obstructing justice for child abuse is mandated? I believe it's somewhere next to the verses outlawing slavery.
    Not particularly. It's mostly loose translations in fact some interpretation actually leave it up to priest to do something about it including punishment for Harming children is pretty Severe and tame compared to today's justice system.

So no the truth is most get away with a lot of bullshit and contradictions.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-02-28 at 05:58 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ok so let's say the vote passed and they have to report it 100%. 2 things.
    1. Its still 100% up to whether they decide to report it or not. The only use of it being a law is so you can them prosecute them if you can prove they didnt report it. Gonna be really hard to prove that.
    2. So you report the guy and the legal process does its thing. Members of the church no longer feel like everything they say is held in confidence. The few abusers out there stop telling the clergymen details that would suspect them of child abuse. The clergymen dont know who the child abusers are and cannot guide them to the right path. Child abuse still going on, now the clergymen just dont know abt it.

Imo, the law wouldnt change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ok so let's say the vote passed and they have to report it 100%. 2 things.
    1. Its still 100% up to whether they decide to report it or not. The only use of it being a law is so you can them prosecute them if you can prove they didnt report it. Gonna be really hard to prove that.
    2. So you report the guy and the legal process does its thing. Members of the church no longer feel like everything they say is held in confidence. The few abusers out there stop telling the clergymen details that would suspect them of child abuse. The clergymen dont know who the child abusers are and cannot guide them to the right path. Child abuse still going on, now the clergymen just dont know abt it.

Imo, the law wouldnt change anything.
    Then what's the difference between clergymen and therapists? A therapist is required to report a person that's a danger to themselves or others. It's basically the same situation except one is in an office and one is in a church...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Then what's the difference between clergymen and therapists? A therapist is required to report a person that's a danger to themselves or others. It's basically the same situation except one is in an office and one is in a church...
    I don't really see a difference there. I think the law requiring them to report it is equally as useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Like other relationships this is one that should be protected, provided it's about proven religious doctorine before the fact.

Like that of a relationship between psychologist and patient. As long as such revelation does not constitute concerns that the patient or subject will harm themselves or anyone going forward.
    Except as we've pointed out, it's not even in their religious doctrine, nor should that matter considering the very subject matter being discussed inherently includes people that are being harmed as a result of keeping it quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Except as we've pointed out, it's not even in their religious doctrine, nor should that matter considering the very subject matter being discussed inherently includes people that are being harmed as a result of keeping it quiet.
    You're right and I agree. Religious freedoms is such a sacred egg so many get away with so much bullshit by saying it.

However the other part I disagree there have to be places people can go that are off limits to the law In Terms of things like privileged conversation. It's a double edge sword that does more good than harm in my opinion.

Church doctrine and practice should be challenged on this that's the argument that would fix this. Not taking away privilege that was never intended to allow this.

Throwing out a nune who's gay and counciling a pedophile priest are proof this absolute on doctorine is in conflict.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-02-28 at 09:21 PM.

You're right and I agree. Religious freedoms is such a sacred egg so many get away with so much bullshit by saying it.

However the other part I disagree there have to be placed people can go that are off limits to the law I. Terms of things like privileged conversation. It's a double edge sword that does more good than harm in my opinion.
    Get a wife or lawyer then, otherwise it should be fair game. Killers and rapists don't need a safe place to discuss their habits.

It's really funny.

Republicans/Conservatives want to castrate and lynch pedophiles, even if they are pedophiles, who have never acted on their desires.

But as soon as it happens in the church, they deny anything happened.

Democrats/Liberals on the other hand love pedophiles. They fight for more tolerance towards pedophiles. They wanna include them in the LGBT community.

But as soon as it is happening in the church, they point their finger at it as evidence that Christians are evil hypocrits.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Charismatic View Post
    It's really funny.

Republicans/Conservatives want to castrate and lynch pedophiles, even if they are pedophiles, who have never acted on their desires.

But as soon as it happens in the church, they deny anything happened.

Democrats/Liberals on the other hand love pedophiles. They fight for more tolerance towards pedophiles. They wanna include them in the LGBT community.

But as soon as it is happening in the church, they point their finger at it as evidence that Christians are evil hypocrits.
    Pedophiles and rapists are technically not the same. One has 100% committed a crime, the other may or may not have committed a crime.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2019-02-28 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a wife or lawyer then, otherwise it should be fair game. Killers and rapists don't need a safe place to discuss their habits.
    Well they do and the privilege extends to religion when those values are recognized and in concert with the law. It's not as simple as tv makes it out to be it is not a get out of jail card or immunity. It's an observation that if one needs council or help they can get that. That help can encourage those you mentioned to stop or get help.

- - - Updated - - -

Pedophiles and rapists are technically not the same.
    It is technically the same in the eyes of the law.

Pedophiles and rapists are technically not the same.
    Not every psychopath is a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    When did that happen? I think it's all in your head.
    You haven't been paying attention.

Well they do and the privilege extends to religion when those values are recognized and in concert with the law. It's not as simple as tv makes it out to be it is not a get out of jail card or immunity. It's an observation that if one needs council or help they can get that. That help can encourage those you mentioned to stop or get help.

- - - Updated - - -

It is technically the same in the eyes of the law.
    Actually it's not. A pedophile is anyone that's sexually attracted to prepubescent children, that doesn't mean they have acted on those impulses. If someone is a rapist they have 100% committed a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Charismatic View Post
    Yeah, you can fuck right off with that bullshit.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    If I worked for the FBI, I would get a warrant to look into Representative Kaleb Weis and Chris Johnson's personal computer IMMEDIATELY upon hearing that.

98% chance they are pedos.

Being affiliated with a religious organization doesn't give you a free pass to break the laws of your country.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2019-02-28 at 09:51 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yeah, you can fuck right off with that bullshit.
    Are you blind or in denial?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So I have a question, was the vote like that because bipartisan politics are more important than everything or because the Republicans really think like this?
    Or... it's both, the worst case?
    There are only 12 Democrats in the SD house, and there were 33 yes votes. So clearly, plenty of Republican politicians in that state aren't idiots. But more than half of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If I worked for the FBI, I would get a warrant to look into Representative Kaleb Weis and Chris Johnson's personal computer IMMEDIATELY upon hearing that.

98% chance they are pedos.

Being affiliated with a religious organization doesn't give you a free pass to break the laws of your country.
    Someone doesn't know much about islam then.