LastLast

Resto Shaman BoD Azerite Traits

What combo of traits is everyone using.

I’m using:
    Spouting Spirits x3
    Bonded Souls x1
    Treacherous Covenant x1
    Swelling Stream x1

Pretty much that. Would advise to pick up atleast one healing rain trait if possible, especially over that swelling stream.

You can just pick higher ilvl azerites everything has its use. I am running 3x IP most of the time, the faster boss dies the less healing you need.

I sense a Troll..Do you mean Igneous Potential by IP? Could maybe justify 1 IP if your other traits are absolute BS..

Personally I think you have to have at least 1x Spouting spirits and 1x Overflowing Shores and 1x Turn of the Tide - If you can get these 3 on the outside ring is nice.

I say 1 of each because the % increase only does it once, so you cant stack the 5% increase on turn of the tide or the increase in size of either of the other 2..

This then leaves the inner ring which I think BiS would be triple Treacherous Covenant, so stack that if possible but bonded souls is also really good so swap out with that if needed.

I am by no means knowledge-able on azerite but my personal experience these work nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    I sense a Troll..Do you mean Igneous Potential by IP? Could maybe justify 1 IP if your other traits are absolute BS..

Personally I think you have to have at least 1x Spouting spirits and 1x Overflowing Shores and 1x Turn of the Tide - If you can get these 3 on the outside ring is nice.

I say 1 of each because the % increase only does it once, so you cant stack the 5% increase on turn of the tide or the increase in size of either of the other 2..

This then leaves the inner ring which I think BiS would be triple Treacherous Covenant, so stack that if possible but bonded souls is also really good so swap out with that if needed.

I am by no means knowledge-able on azerite but my personal experience these work nicely
    You dont need any of those... Spouting is situational, overflowing shores is nice utility azerite, but it does not increase your healing that much. Turn of the tide is nice for m+ but in raids you wont notice the difference.

Healing is not about topping HPS, it is about doing just enough heal and using remaining time to dps boss. I am currently on Mekkatorque, and until now there was not a single boss that required high hps check which couldnt be solved by properly assigning healing cds.

Meanwhile helping pushing phases helps a ton.

Ps. Resto with 3x IP + Spouting Spirit is broken for Jaina mythic. You can replace one dps for resto shaman who will spend most his time on dpsing and only using his healing cds when needed.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-02-26 at 03:19 PM.

Out of interest, if it's broken.. Why didn't method use it for the kill or any other top 10 teams? Even if you stack IP there is no way you can legit replace a DPS with it. It's a complete waste of a spot.

If you have 4 healers that are under performing because there isn't enough to heal, then you change to 3 healers.. You want the minimum amount of healers you can to comfortable finish with though I suppose, so if you're used to doing it like that then fine. But losing a dps so you're healers can be comfortable enough to dps on phases is a complete waste or your healers aren't confidence enough in their own ability to lose a healer for the extra dps.

Also if you're playing Turn of the Tide with Echo of the Elements and you don't notice the difference over an entire boss fight... You mustn't be wasting so many procs. And if you're not playing Echo of the Elements in raids then just WTF anwyay. Also thinking Spouting is situational?? You will use Link in every fight at some point, even if it's not desperate.. You should be utilising every fight so how is it situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    Out of interest, if it's broken.. Why didn't method use it for the kill or any other top 10 teams? Even if you stack IP there is no way you can legit replace a DPS with it. It's a complete waste of a spot.

If you have 4 healers that are under performing because there isn't enough to heal, then you change to 3 healers.. You want the minimum amount of healers you can to comfortable finish with though I suppose, so if you're used to doing it like that then fine. But losing a dps so you're healers can be comfortable enough to dps on phases is a complete waste or your healers aren't confidence enough in their own ability to lose a healer for the extra dps.

Also if you're playing Turn of the Tide with Echo of the Elements and you don't notice the difference over an entire boss fight... You mustn't be wasting so many procs. And if you're not playing Echo of the Elements in raids then just WTF anwyay. Also thinking Spouting is situational?? You will use Link in every fight at some point, even if it's not desperate.. You should be utilising every fight so how is it situation?
    They did not use it as they had no resto with IP traits, and it was too late for them to experiment with it. The IP on Jaina came from Cayna, and he was sad they did not notice it earlier. I am memeing it on mekka now and in P1 i am doing around 20k dps while still providing heal from tide and link

Losing 3-4k dps on one player to get additional full healthbar worth of hp is worth it.

There is no such thing as wasting Tidal Waves, you use then only when u need ST heal, and how often do you have to spam ST heal to make it matter? Spouting spirit is situational because you have to put it when everyone is stacked and shortly AFTRER the dmg happens. Where in most cases you want to place it BEFORE the dmg. 3x spouting is good only for jaima asc+ss+cb cheese.

@HCLM disagree with your assessment of Sprouting. Using Mekka as an example, its not very hard to time your SLink right as the crashdown is about to happen. Like just by watching timers or where he is in the jump. Link goes out, everyone gets evened out if some happened to be low, everyone gets the dmg mitigation for the crash, then like .5 seconds later every target gets 21k healed (im running 3 traits). It does so much healing that it now replaces a healing CD in our rotation.

Triple spouting spirit is the best when you learn how to use it properly.
    You need at least 1 turn of the tide.
    Overflowing shore is useless, healing rain in general is almost useless, does shit healing and is limited to 5 targets.
    Natural Harmony is better than you think, you should have flame shock rolling all the time anway, each Natural Harmony is basically 2% more crit for free.
    Soothing Waters is not good but at least not useless and provides a hell of a lot more healing than Swelling Stream.
    Swelling stream provides less healing than what you get from Natural Harmony (and less dps).
    Bonded Souls and Treacherous Covenant are both pretty good.

IP is fun but in mythic progression you won't really have much time to make good use of it unless yuo play for Method (in which case you wouldn't be posting here). Maybe squeeze one in if you really want but it's not worth it unless you're already the lowest healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Triple spouting spirit is the best when you learn how to use it properly.
    You need at least 1 turn of the tide.
    Overflowing shore is useless, healing rain in general is almost useless, does shit healing and is limited to 5 targets.
    Natural Harmony is better than you think, you should have flame shock rolling all the time anway, each Natural Harmony is basically 2% more crit for free.
    Soothing Waters is not good but at least not useless and provides a hell of a lot more healing than Swelling Stream.
    Swelling stream provides less healing than what you get from Natural Harmony (and less dps).
    Bonded Souls and Treacherous Covenant are both pretty good.

IP is fun but in mythic progression you won't really have much time to make good use of it unless yuo play for Method (in which case you wouldn't be posting here). Maybe squeeze one in if you really want but it's not worth it unless you're already the lowest healer.
    After reading the healing rain part we can say that u never healed as resto. Healing raid is our the most cost efficient skill which has to be casted on CD.
    @Annoyance1
    I am not saying spouting is bad, it is bis for Jaina. But it is not bis for every fight. That is why you use restp spreedsheat to value azerite traits for each fight.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-03-01 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    After reading the healing rain part we can say that u never healed as resto. Healing raid is our the most cost efficient skill which has to be casted on CD.
    Go wipe some more.

Go wipe some more.
    Do you mind to share any of your mythic kills logs? I am curious how you do without casting HR.

Do you mind to share any of your mythic kills logs? I am curious how you do without casting HR.
    Didn't say I'm not casting it, I do cast it that's why I see it's shit. It fucking ticks for like 2k, wtf am I supposed to do with that when 1 chain heal provides more healing right now than what healing rain does in total AND doesn,t require people to sit in it AND jumps to people further away AND gives mana back on crit. Like wtf man. Healing rain is only good on extremely low mobility fights where people are bunched together like Oppulence or Grong or maybe throw one down in the melee group on Rastakan for shits and giggle. But healing rain does fine without the trait, the group you want to heal is never spread out enough to really NEED the extra range on it and we don't even need to talk about the microscopic direct heal on it, pretty meaningless.

Maybe if you're doing chill heroic sitting there with your healing rain and swelling shit totem and riptides while all you do is dps it will make your healing rain look good. But when you're actively healing in mythic, healing rain gets raped by everything else you do. Like I said, still does somewhat of a good job when the fight allows it, but more often than not it's easy to disregard it. I've went fights without using it at all and didn't feel like anything was missing.

I guess I could put it down when things are slow. Which can translate to "get some useless healing while people take tiny dmg". But I really don't give a shit about squeezing in tiny numbers when people don't need serious healing, I care about efficient heals that make a difference, and that's not healing rain. It's just a padding skill while the real heals save people when they actually need it.

Also it depends on your healing group. If you run with like, holy pallies and other shamans, healing rain can be nice as it's like the only hots rolling. I run with a bunch of fucking druids and monks. No one gives a shit about my healing rain when there's a billion other hots rolling and making my healing rain a joke. Also that druid intant cast zero cooldown better healing green circle that last 3 times longer than healing rain really just laughs at me whenever I cast healing rain.
    Last edited by Freshouttajail; 2019-03-01 at 03:38 PM.

Maybe that is because you don't have OS to increase its range? HR is around 10% or more of your total healing if you use it properly, and it ticks for 3k to 7k for me.

Maybe that is because you don't have OS to increase its range? HR is around 10% or more of your total healing if you use it properly, and it ticks for 3k to 7k for me.
    Increasing the range doesn't increase the healing it does. There will already be more than 5 people who needs healing in it (assuming you use it where the fight allows). It does that much to you because your other heals suck. Healing is not dpsing, each action is a choice instead of a rotation and there's a maximum amount of healing to be done, you don't get anything by spamming. So if you run with a bunch of people who are better than you and snipe all your direct heals, all you have left is your shitty healing rain that pops some tiny heals so in your meter it looks like your healing rain is doing well. But the real information you should get from this is all your other heals are sucking, not healing rain doing good.

Increasing the range doesn't increase the healing it does. There will already be more than 5 people who needs healing in it (assuming you use it where the fight allows). It does that much to you because your other heals suck. Healing is not dpsing, each action is a choice instead of a rotation and there's a maximum amount of healing to be done, you don't get anything by spamming. So if you run with a bunch of people who are better than you and snipe all your direct heals, all you have left is your shitty healing rain that pops some tiny heals so in your meter it looks like your healing rain is doing well. But the real information you should get from this is all your other heals are sucking, not healing rain doing good.
    Sorry mate but the only person here that suck is you... HR is there to heal ticking dmg which you wont be sniping with ST heals. What are you even trying to suggest. Also HR feed your CB totem by a lot. On top of that OS IS increasing your healing output from HR. Instead of having 5 players in a range u will have 10 or more...

Sorry mate but the only person here that suck is you... HR is there to heal ticking dmg which you wont be sniping with ST heals. What are you even trying to suggest. Also HR feed your CB totem by a lot. On top of that OS IS increasing your healing output from HR. Instead of having 5 players in a range u will have 10 or more...
    But it can't heal more than 5. Like, do you even know what your own skills do?

Also CB is extremely situational. In most situation Flash Flood will be just as good or more beneficial so long as you know how to make the best of it. CB is counterproductif by definition. You need to heal a lot first to make it heal a lot after. What happens when you heal a lot? People get full and the totem pop becomes useless. So it's only good in fights where there's a lot of dmg that keeps going on for very long period of time on the most people possible. As you very well know, there's not much of that at all. And if you can't crank good CB totem then Flash Flood just does more unless you can't keep track of it correctly. Also Flash Flood helps more for ST heals, is more reliable for saving people in general because it's not just spread padding. On top of that it costs nothing, what I mean by that is if you pick CB you lose flash flood AND normal healing stream totem. So you get 1 situational skill at the cost of 2 permanently useful skills.

CB is only really good for conclave bird wind shit and the aoe on oppulence (but for every other parts of oppulence flash flood is better so I would still pick flash flood instead of nerfing myself overall).

Also when using CB, you get time for 1 healing rain and a half at best. That's less healing than 1 high tide chain heal. Over the 15 seconds of CB (assuming you let it go 15 second and to calculate with the aforementioned 1 HR and a half) your chain heals, riptide and healing wave will do so much more than HR. Like, wild guess, healing rain is maybe 5 to 10% of CB healing and you have to take into consideration that you need to jam in another healing rain cast during the CB duration. That cast can be replaced by a chain heal that would do more than HR for that time, making HR's heal proportion on CB even less than that.
    Last edited by Freshouttajail; 2019-03-01 at 04:38 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    CB situational? It's used by default on every fight...

I personally use x1 Turn of the Tide, x2 Overflowing Shores x1 Sprouting Spirits x1 Bonded Souls and x1 Natural Harmony. I'd drop NH for another sprouting if I could. But I would always use atleast 1 TotT, OS and SS.

A bigger healing rain, although not directly doing more healing than without the trait, is going to potentially heal more than it would just by covering a larger area, and just makes it easier to use. Also its pretty efficient to use, its better to have the "passive" healing like rain/efflo heal the raid (like on mekka) so your healing team can spend less mana actually healing the raid.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2019-03-01 at 05:08 PM.

But it can't heal more than 5. Like, do you even know what your own skills do?

Also CB is extremely situational. In most situation Flash Flood will be just as good or more beneficial so long as you know how to make the best of it. CB is counterproductif by definition. You need to heal a lot first to make it heal a lot after. What happens when you heal a lot? People get full and the totem pop becomes useless. So it's only good in fights where there's a lot of dmg that keeps going on for very long period of time on the most people possible. As you very well know, there's not much of that at all. And if you can't crank good CB totem then Flash Flood just does more unless you can't keep track of it correctly. Also Flash Flood helps more for ST heals, is more reliable for saving people in general because it's not just spread padding. On top of that it costs nothing, what I mean by that is if you pick CB you lose flash flood AND normal healing stream totem. So you get 1 situational skill at the cost of 2 permanently useful skills.

CB is only really good for conclave bird wind shit and the aoe on oppulence (but for every other parts of oppulence flash flood is better so I would still pick flash flood instead of nerfing myself overall).

Also when using CB, you get time for 1 healing rain and a half at best. That's less healing than 1 high tide chain heal. Over the 15 seconds of CB (assuming you let it go 15 second and to calculate with the aforementioned 1 HR and a half) your chain heals, riptide and healing wave will do so much more than HR. Like, wild guess, healing rain is maybe 5 to 10% of CB healing and you have to take into consideration that you need to jam in another healing rain cast during the CB duration. That cast can be replaced by a chain heal that would do more than HR for that time, making HR's heal proportion on CB even less than that.
    Please give me your logs. I really want to see how a guy who thinks HR is bad, and CB is 'good only on conclave' performs. We will continue this topic after you do that. Right now I am not sure if I should take seriously what you are saying or if you are trolling

Please give me your logs. I really want to see how a guy who thinks HR is bad, and CB is 'good only on conclave' performs. We will continue this topic after you do that. Right now I am not sure if I should take seriously what you are saying or if you are trolling
    I wish I could like cloudburst, ever since they added it to the game I've tried so hard to find it useful. I understand that it's good and I'm not trying to say people shouldn't use it, I just wish I personally could like it.