Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How about pressing every button and seeing what it does? Or is that too much to expect from modern players?
    hint: tutorials, and base teaching in general, arent addressed to the brightest ones

This game actually comes out this month (March)

Do you think it will be a game of the year contender,

or activision got their claws into from software?

I would love for it to be another Bloodborne thats fast paced and has a great story that pulls the rug out from under you midway but thus far it just seems kind of like "yeah i played Nioh already" and that doesnt really mean shit since it could be great but theres a lot of DS3 recycling in the trailers and thats my least liked fromsoft game so i'm holding off for that reason. Beyond that nobody else i know is talking about it, most dont know it exists and the ones that do dont play anything with the activision brand on the box so i'm not really hearing any buzz for it but thats just with the people i know. Compared to something like REmake 2 it doesn't scream like its going to be a big contender but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    This game actually comes out this month (March)

Do you think it will be a game of the year contender,

or activision got their claws into from software?
    They are just publishers.. No? Activision as a publisher is OK in my experience although I'm not well versed. Same as with Bethesda. Awful developers but good publishers.

From what I could find it looks like they don't meddle much with the development.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I would love for it to be another Bloodborne thats fast paced and has a great story that pulls the rug out from under you midway but thus far it just seems kind of like "yeah i played Nioh already" and that doesnt really mean shit since it could be great but theres a lot of DS3 recycling in the trailers and thats my least liked fromsoft game so i'm holding off for that reason. Beyond that nobody else i know is talking about it, most dont know it exists and the ones that do dont play anything with the activision brand on the box so i'm not really hearing any buzz for it but thats just with the people i know. Compared to something like REmake 2 it doesn't scream like its going to be a big contender but who knows.
    There is a decent amount of reserves at my store for the base copy but only two (I'm one of them) for the CE. But ya the talk/hype for it seems to be quite low.

I'm honestly super hyped for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are just publishers.. No? Activision as a publisher is OK in my experience although I'm not well versed. Same as with Bethesda. Awful developers but good publishers.

From what I could find it looks like they don't meddle much with the development.
    Yep they are just Publishers, They have no creative control over the game at all. Just like WB did with Witcher 3.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are just publishers.. No?
    Publishers in the west only to boot. From Software self publishes in Japan.

If the game is meh it's on From Software, not Activision but it won't stop people blaming them. All activision did was pay for the rights to distribute it in the west.

This is my most anticipated game this year. It looks a lot like Dark Souls 3, which is my favorite in the series. Nioh is also one of my favorite games, so this game is probably gonna be great for me, but I am concerned with the marketability in the west. Hopefully it gets some hype if reviews are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like the only game I'm excited for for like.... probably 4 months when FF14: Shadowbringers and FE: 3 Houses comes out.

3A graphics? Check.
    Some popular theme? Samurais, check.
    3A Publisher? Check.
    Edgy name? Check.

Here is what I think.
    This game is going to be pathetic, I can see it. It will be one of those games where its full of high-fidelity graphics, but no intelligent game design. Nothing more than a potential cash grab. Buyers, beware.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-03-01 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    3A graphics? Check.
    3A Publisher? Check.
    Edgy name? Check.

Here is what I think.
    This game is going to be pathetic, I can see it. It will be one of those games where its full of high-fidelity graphics, but no intelligent game design. Nothing more than a potential cash grab. Buyers, beware.
    from software 3A graphics?
    lol?

3A graphics? Check.
    3A Publisher? Check.
    Edgy name? Check.

Here is what I think.
    Didn't realize that From Software was a AAA company....

Also is it as edgy as.....

Demon's Souls?
    Kings Field?
    Dark Souls?
    Bloodborne?
    AmoredCore?

You really should educate yourself on the topic at hand before posting.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-01 at 04:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

From Software

Doesn't get anymore CHA-RIPPLE AYE then those guys.

Developer literally known for their gameplay over all approach and being one of the upper echelon AA devs and dude is acting like they are some soulless AAA pusher. There is nothing AAA about their graphics or design philosophy. Their games are usually decent enough to look at, but that is because their art is solid to great not because their games are technically impressive by any margin.

What's next? We gonna be calling Atlus AAA? Platinum? They must be AAA as well.

Not to mention being AAA isn't actually a bad thing in the first place. There are more good AAA games then bad ones. Pretty much anything from Naughty Dog, SSM, Rockstar, CDPR, Crystal Dynamics, Insomniac etc are all good to great games and are *gasp* yes AAA games. Don't use the word like it's an insult, a bad game is bad because it's bad or good because it's good not because it's AAA, AA, or even smaller.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-01 at 06:12 PM.

I will take physical manifestation over randomer's perception. The graphics in this game are 3A graphics, not that it is a bad thing but I pointed out a pattern.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-03-01 at 06:18 PM.

I will take physical manifestation over randomer's perception. The graphics in this game are 3A graphics.
    And your point is?

Please do tell me the last bad game From Software made....

(And not the DS2 Meme bad, I mean actually bad).

I will take physical manifestation over randomer's perception. The graphics in this game are 3A graphics, not that it is a bad thing but I pointed out a pattern.
    The graphics in the game are nothing special at all.

From Software brute forces the look they want through art, their games are never that technically impressive.

It just shows your general lack of knowledge on the subject to try and point out any pattern on it. Apparently any competently looking game running at an HD resolution is "AAA Graphics" if these are. Let me guess you think if it's not pixel art it's "AAA"? One of those people who thinks there is only "indy" and "AAA" with no in between?

You want to know what an actual AAA Samurai game looks like? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAvzeopPC8 Literally no comparison to Sekiro graphically, Sekiro isn't even in the same ballpark.

Okay fine, I didn't even check this was From Software.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2019-03-01 at 06:26 PM.

Okay fine, I didn't even check this was from Software.
    What did you have to check? It's literally in the first line of the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a new Action RPG directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and developed by From Software.

Okay fine, I didn't even check this was from Software.
    Right so like I said you really should educate yourself on the topic at hand before posting.

Just memeing the "AAA Games are bad" crap gets old and makes you look ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I don't think graphics are always the best indicator of whether a game is AAA or not. Take Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Honestly one of the best looking games I've ever played and it is decidedly AA.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much was spent to develop the game? That is what determines if it is a triple A game or not.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.