Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Enemies don't just evaporate? Better XP too.

The biggest advice I can give you is check your Critical Path in your Journal if you get lost. The breadcrumbs for parts are basically non-existent at certain parts of the story.
    Ok, thanks.
    See you guys in a couple days...

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Shit, I guess Warframe ain't a looter and shooter then =P
    Never could get into warframe, the missions bored me lol, so I honestly have no idea how it plays out end game. My looter shooter xp is from Division and that put very little on crafting in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Never could get into warframe, the missions bored me lol, so I honestly have no idea how it plays out end game. My looter shooter xp is from Division and that put very little on crafting in the long run
    It's the same core premise, just with one additional step and less RNG. Rather than hoping for the "right" drops, you can usually target-farm crafting materials that guarantee you the item you want.

Crafting may not be everyone's deal, but mechanically the two approaches are very similar and it's more a matter of what flavor folks prefer.

yeah i did all the side missions in tandem with the main story so it wasn't really that much left when i was done.. just grinded quick play to get to cap after that and a few strongholds here and there. i liked the heart of rage one the most i think. seemed like less back and forth stuff in that one.

how do i know if the contracts are legendary? seen that some are purple now and others are the regular orange mission color.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    On the topic of Javelin fashion: Does anyone else wonder how much the pilot's feet must hurt after wearing those suits for any length of time? I mean, you'd have to point the toes of your feet almost straight down in the interceptor, probably causing the same kind of foot pain women get when wearing heels too long?

And I'm still trying to figure out how the arms of the colossus are supposed to work. Seems like it would have to use some kind of movement multiplying system to exaggerate how much the pilot's arm bends at the elbow or something? There's no way to have the actual arm bend enough inside the armor to make sense.
    Yeah, the colossus is pretty much the only suit that simply doesn't work anatomically. Best case, the hands of the pilot would be somewhere around the elbows of the jav.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    yeah i did all the side missions in tandem with the main story so it wasn't really that much left when i was done.. just grinded quick play to get to cap after that and a few strongholds here and there. i liked the heart of rage one the most i think. seemed like less back and forth stuff in that one.

how do i know if the contracts are legendary? seen that some are purple now and others are the regular orange mission color.
    Legendary contracts are purple. Each faction has one a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yeah, the colossus is pretty much the only suit that simply doesn't work anatomically. Best case, the hands of the pilot would be somewhere around the elbows of the jav.
    Which is fine... They're basically psychically linked in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Legendary contracts are purple. Each faction has one a day.
    cool. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Which is fine... They're basically psychically linked in lore.
    It's kind of a weird way of doing it. I mean, if the javelins were completely controlled via mental/psychic impulses, there'd be no need for physical movement from the pilot. You would actually design the javelin to have a very heavily armed pod at the center of mass, and the limbs would be shaped however was best to use equipment.

But if the javelin does need physical movement from the pilot, then the armor must allow for that movement. In which case the arms don't seem to fit right.

But hey, it's all a fantasy/sci-fi videogame anyway, so who gives a crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As I've been playing tonight the two things I thought the Interceptor reminded me most of were elves or Spider-Man

Also,

Stupid sexy Flanders.

- - - Updated - - -

So far my biggest complaint in this game is the Titans, they're just stupid bullshit bullet sponges who put fire everywhere. It doesn't make me feel skilled or awesome when I take one down, it's just a drudgery of plinking away with my rifle and occasionally running away until my shield comes back up.
    I can kinda put up with their bullet-spongyness, what i dislike most is honestly that there are only ash titans. It's kinda lame. I'd really like to see venom and storm titans.

Did you guys know about this?

A former Diablo Dev gave some advise to Bioware on a reddit post about the reward structure of the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ues_and_ideas/

Probably a fun read.
    I havent checked it yet.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-01 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

A former Diablo Dev gave some advise to Bioware on a reddit post about the reward structure of the game

Probably a fun read.
    I havent checked it yet.
    Saw it... It's not bad advice and it stemmed some of the recent loot changes. Some things aren't directly translatable, but most of it is.
    They definitely need to finish implementing and iterating over their reward structure.

Freeplay bug has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    To each their own, but I prefer drops over crafting. This IS a looter shooter after all, not a crafter shooter.
    Crafting is a bad luck mitigation tool. If you can't get what you want/need from drops, crafting is another source of those drops, just more targeted.

It's one of the best things about Diablo 3. You have drops, Bloodshards, and the cube to work for you. And then drops get more proliferate the higher the difficulty, on top of the background bad lucl protection which increases the chance of a drop the longer you go without getting one naturally.

Anthem could use some of that depth in its loot system.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-01 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I can kinda put up with their bullet-spongyness, what i dislike most is honestly that there are only ash titans. It's kinda lame. I'd really like to see venom and storm titans.
    This was actually what I also found to be a letdown. I really wanted there to be different elements of the titans which had different movesets accompanying each different titan.
    Only thing we can hope for is that they add that in one of their "Acts" i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    This was actually what I also found to be a letdown. I really wanted there to be different elements of the titans which had different movesets accompanying each different titan.
    Only thing we can hope for is that they add that in one of their "Acts" i suppose.
    i mean the name kind of suggest that there could be potential other ones... like the heart of rage boss man he's swapping from fire,acid to lightning right? and he seems pretty similar in design.

all this shaper stuff is supposed to be chaotic/randomized anyway so why not?

Man.... I am REALLY getting pissed now. Now that I can do Freeplay the game keeps kicking me to Desktop....

- - - Updated - - -

i mean the name kind of suggest that there could be potential other ones... like the heart of rage boss man he's swapping from fire,acid to lightning right? and he seems pretty similar in design.

That would be soo badass if the Titans had different elements per titan

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Man.... I am REALLY getting pissed now. Now that I can do Freeplay the game keeps kicking me to Desktop....

- - - Updated - - -

That would be soo badass if the Titans had different elements per titan
    I dont know if it was resolved, but there was an issue with free play earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah I guess I wasn't so clear about my initial statement, I like that in my games. I've played Diablo for forever...however the slog to get to that gear is what is completely not fun. The story was not fun nor very interesting. Didn't touch on really much at all about this world we are fighting for I felt like, not the people. The town seems dead, nothing happening in the story changed the town. It's the same from the start to the end as far as I can tell...aside from "thanks for doing all this stuff, we got a child to clean the koi pond, just want you to know we appreciate you fighting titans for us!". Setting up enemies for combos only to have them taken by someone else is not very fun. Granted I'm sure I get as much as I give in this regard.
    I dunno what you were expecting, it sounds like you just don't enjoy how the javelins play and rushed through the game really fast even though you don't enjoy the former. Its very possible the games just not for you, and that's ok. There's plenty of perfectly good if not great games that exist that I don't find fun at all. It happens.

The only thing I disliked about division
    I just don't enjoy the combat / gameplay. The whole gears of war style constantly being glued to a wall or a box just doesn't do it for me. The bullet sponginess also really takes you out of the game when you're literally just shooting a totally normal human with a bandana wrapped around his face.

It also doesn't help that the game was / is the epitome of all the things people seem to hold against every one of these games but for reasons I don't understand they only apply it selectively to the games they don't like. Shit bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So....I know I've been trying to be pretty objective and fair to Anthem, but this just happened in the Forge. I think Warhammer 40k had a crossover, and I got a chaos/orc mechanic on my Colossus or something. Or maybe my colossus forgot to put on his pants or something. XD
    Saw someone using the bug that causes this to use interceptor abilities as a colossus. Was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

Probably a fun read.
    I havent checked it yet.
    Yeah, linked it a while ago but people were too busy with the usual to notice.

I honestly think him making that post is such a massive deal in and of itself in the industry.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They've hinted that there might be in the future... Some new enemies will be a great addition.

Did i just.......destroy all loot from my mission because i right clicked everything for the option "salvage loot" ?
    I......didnt know what salvage loot was

Loving the gameplay and my computer can handle the game pretty well.