Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Isn't there still a portal to caverns in time in shattrath?
    Only if you're revered with the Keepers of Time will the bronze dragon in disguise in the tavern teleport you. Wrath was the first time we had one for free iirc.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    And if none of those options are available? Fuck me right?
    You'd be SOL, yes. That's rarely if ever going to happen though. Mages will meet you anywhere to give you a port for some gold. None in the immediate area? /who a city or a neighboring zone. Hearth is only 30 minutes now. Upset you have to travel more for a specific raid? Park those characters outside the instance. Traveling in an RPG should have consequences and choices. This is a tiny step towards undoing the portal overload in the game currently.

On my character, I have an excessive amount of ways to get around the world. Without my portals or challenge mode portals, I still have..

- Violet Seal of the Grand Magus - teleports to Deadwind Pass in EK
    - Pugilist's Powerful Punching Ring - teleports to Brawler's Guild in Org
    - The Last Relic of Argus - teleports you various places including both EK and Kalimdor
    - Time-Lost Artifact - teleports to Timeless Isle in Pandaria
    - Blessed Medallion of Karabor - teleports to Black Temple in Outland
    - Hearthstone - anywhere there's an inn
    - Dalaran Hearthstone - teleports to Dalaran in the Broken Isles
    - Garrison Hearthstone - teleports to my Garrison in Draenor
    - Direbrew's Remote - teleports to Grim Guzzler in EK
    - Admiral's Compass - teleports to Garrison in Draenor
    - Wormhole Centrifuge - teleports to zone of my choice in Draenor
    - Wormhole Generator: Argus - teleports to a random place in Argus
    - Wormhole Generator: Northrend - teleports to any zone in Northrend
    - Wormhole Generator: Pandaria - teleports to a random place in Pandaria
    - Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan - teleports to Gadgetzan in EK

I'm probably missing a bunch in the bank, void storage, or just flat out deleted because it's overkill.

This covers Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, and the Broken Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Of course there are people who wanted it. There are also people who want gear to be purchased on the store. It's just an extreme minority.

It doesn't really take you out of the world to conveniently skip through traveling past old content, especially when there isn't any content for you to do. Do you really think I'm going to be stopping in Swamp Of Sorrows as a 120 on a destination elsewhere?

The content is old and outdated and Blizzard rarely ever gives players incentive to interact in those areas after the questing phase.
    No you're not going to be a 120 stomping around Swamp of Sorrows but that wasn't the point. You'll be a 120 travelling through. The fact that I can travel across continents, planets, and even time while staying inside a city/safe zone really does take you out of the world. I don't know what you do it more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    RIP everyone still farming dragon soul for the mount, Blizz hates you and wants you to suffer.

And if none of those options are available? Fuck me right?
    You act like it takes more than a couple minutes to get basically anywhere in the game. You're losing a few portals, not all four of your character's limbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    No you're not going to be a 120 stomping around Swamp of Sorrows but that wasn't the point. You'll be a 120 travelling through.
    And what does that accomplish? If I'm not going to be interacting with the zones, due to Blizzard's negligence, what is the purpose in making it take longer?

If you want convenience nerfed for the health of the game, explain a positive situation that occurs because of the change. That's all I'm asking you for. That way I can determine if I think it's reasonable (you, of course, are free to think it's reasonable regardless).

I don't see less portals being in play as anything other than negative. If Blizzard were to give me reasons for traveling, I could see your point, but right now, it's just more time wasted for no gain.

Nobody asked for this. Nobody wanted this. Thank you, Blizzard, for proving that you're so out of touch.

There is really no reason to do this other than just trying to annoy players by making it more tedious.

Edit: Guys, do yourself a favor and read the article, not just the quoted post. They're adding portals too, but overall it's a net loss.
    Who cares tho? I have literally not used any old portals since they were current content except for going back to do some old obscure thing for transmog or something.
    Thats like... 4-5 times in legion.. maybe 2-3 times in bfa.

Wont miss them. I can understand how RPers and lore-tards might feel bad tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Who cares tho? I have literally not used any old portals since they were current content except for going back to do some old obscure thing for transmog or something.
    Thats like... 4-5 times in legion.. maybe 2-3 times in bfa.

Wont miss them. I can understand how RPers and lore-tards might feel bad tho.
    Plenty of people use them. They don't have to accommodate new content.

Between mount runs and potential transmog, my main and my alts use them excessively.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Removing the portals from the PORTAL ROOM in Dalaran legion is a retarded change.
    Our Order Halls stopped paying the Kirin Tor after being disbanded, so those folks said, in a very Aluneth-like way: "Bah. Let them walk"
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Plenty of people use them. They don't have to accommodate new content.

Between mount runs and potential transmog, my main and my alts use them excessively.
    Too bad for you then I guess :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Too bad for you then I guess :/
    Yeah, no shit.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would like to get some gold for opening portals for people.
    I'd like to have the money im already paying every month to go towards something more fucking useful than removing portals.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I just don't understand why they do this. There's no benefit to removing portals. "Oh you guys are getting to areas too easily, we want you to spend more time traveling"
    Hit the nail on the head. Just another way to slow players down in an attempt to draw out subbed time. Every little bit counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You act like it takes more than a couple minutes to get basically anywhere in the game. You're losing a few portals, not all four of your character's limbs.
    You are right... it takes a couple of minutes... because of the fucking portals you halfwit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you blizzard. But I can see why, as the game seems to be dead. There's barely any players at any hub. So if all except one place has the portals, at least that hub will have players in it, making the capital city seem more alive.

RIP Caverns of Time portal. Kara portal was also fucking awesome!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wow, ppl are just finding the smallest thing to cry about these days, huh?

"Waaah they're removing my portal hub, they're so out of touch, I'm unsubbing"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'm ok with concentrating all the portals in one convenient spot...

But I am not ok with removing a bunch of useful portals from Dalaran and not re-adding them to the new portal hub. Seriously what the actual fuck are these guys doing, what possessed them to think anyone actually wanted this? This benefits no one, this improves nothing, and no one's gameplay will be enhanced by this. This does not create fun, but does, in fact, all memes aside, remove it. This only makes travel between locations when you're farming a bunch of crap in a row more annoying and take longer.
    they have been doing this for over 10 years, im surprised people are surprised, ever since wotlk they have been removing portals from old zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Removing the portals from the PORTAL ROOM in Dalaran legion is a retarded change.
    like they did from the wotlk portal room?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You'd be SOL, yes. That's rarely if ever going to happen though. Mages will meet you anywhere to give you a port for some gold. None in the immediate area? /who a city or a neighboring zone. Hearth is only 30 minutes now. Upset you have to travel more for a specific raid? Park those characters outside the instance. Traveling in an RPG should have consequences and choices. This is a tiny step towards undoing the portal overload in the game currently.

On my character, I have an excessive amount of ways to get around the world. Without my portals or challenge mode portals, I still have..

- Violet Seal of the Grand Magus - teleports to Deadwind Pass in EK
    - Pugilist's Powerful Punching Ring - teleports to Brawler's Guild in Org
    - The Last Relic of Argus - teleports you various places including both EK and Kalimdor
    - Time-Lost Artifact - teleports to Timeless Isle in Pandaria
    - Blessed Medallion of Karabor - teleports to Black Temple in Outland
    - Hearthstone - anywhere there's an inn
    - Dalaran Hearthstone - teleports to Dalaran in the Broken Isles
    - Garrison Hearthstone - teleports to my Garrison in Draenor
    - Direbrew's Remote - teleports to Grim Guzzler in EK
    - Admiral's Compass - teleports to Garrison in Draenor
    - Wormhole Centrifuge - teleports to zone of my choice in Draenor
    - Wormhole Generator: Argus - teleports to a random place in Argus
    - Wormhole Generator: Northrend - teleports to any zone in Northrend
    - Wormhole Generator: Pandaria - teleports to a random place in Pandaria
    - Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan - teleports to Gadgetzan in EK

I'm probably missing a bunch in the bank, void storage, or just flat out deleted because it's overkill.

This covers Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, and the Broken Isles.
    You don't have the tabards that teleport you to orgrimmar / stormwind and to the Argent Tournament in Northrend?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'm ok with concentrating all the portals in one convenient spot...

But I am not ok with removing a bunch of useful portals from Dalaran and not re-adding them to the new portal hub. Seriously what the actual fuck are these guys doing, what possessed them to think anyone actually wanted this? This benefits no one, this improves nothing, and no one's gameplay will be enhanced by this. This does not create fun, but does, in fact, all memes aside, remove it. This only makes travel between locations when you're farming a bunch of crap in a row more annoying and take longer.
    Especially since a ton of Legion quests reference those portals. "take the portal to karazhan (optional)" is just going to feel like a slap to the face if there's no portal to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You don't have the tabards that teleport you to orgrimmar / stormwind and to the Argent Tournament in Northrend?
    No need as a Mage. I do on all my alts though. And I do have the Argent Tournament tabard, probably in my bank. Did I miss any others?

This shit pisses me off so much.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they not allow us to Portal everywhere.