Thread: Report system

Report system

why does it feel like the report system was developed by a social justice warrior group ?
    it just strikes me when reflecting upon it that everytime someones feelings are hurt that they will not hesitate to report you
    and with the amount of report options it just comes across that everybody can abuse it , does blizzard take this into account ?
    and why havent they loosened up this system ? dont they ever review this system whats the deal with it ?

because blizzard's a californian company, and that's exactly what's developing like 90% of the games now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can say 'GG' when you win in Overwatch and get reported. Heroes isn't as bad but it's getting there. Matchmaking is too shitty to even bother with complaining about reporting in Heroes though, at least for ANZ region. It's hilariously imbalanced.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another person got punished for venting on his own team? Colour me surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why does it feel like the report system was developed by a social justice warrior group ?
    it just strikes me when reflecting upon it that everytime someones feelings are hurt that they will not hesitate to report you
    and with the amount of report options it just comes across that everybody can abuse it , does blizzard take this into account ?
    and why havent they loosened up this system ? dont they ever review this system whats the deal with it ?
    I'd imagine so and in a team based game, I want reports because instead of flaming you can work on playing the game. I'd honestly wish they'd remove chat all together but it would hurt low elo to much.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-03-02 at 12:04 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I'd imagine so and in a team based game, I want reports because instead of flaming you can work on playing the game. I'd honestly wish they'd remove chat all together but it would hurt low elo to much.
    A lot of people believe that report system is designed around someones feelings, when if fact it exists to give players ability to make fair ground and remove (or limit) negative factors impacting their winrate.
    Every time you type or see in game chat "omg lucio why ult now?!" - your chance to win goes down a bit. It drags attention and removes focus from the game without giving any useful feedback. Ingame chat exists for communication, not for talking.
    It's also not exclusive to text chat, voice chat has exactly the same issue, look at overwatch with "ok guys lets do this i'm going behind, hog is there hog here guys he used hook, i almost killed him, heal me now. Mercy where are you can you heal me?"... fuckton of useless information.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is dead, why you bother reporting people?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This game is dead, why you bother reporting people?
    Well, except its not dead? We just had a big balancing patch few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report system is worthless. I've seen people get the boot in OW, I've yet to see the same in Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Report system is worthless. I've seen people get the boot in OW, I've yet to see the same in Heroes.
    I have a feeling that the whole reason why the OP made this post is because they were "unjustly" banned from the game, so it does apparently happen.

This also isn't the first time I've seen someone complain about the report system in HotS doing its intended function.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I've never been banned but also have never decided to rant at people ? Seems fine to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well, except its not dead? We just had a big balancing patch few days ago.
    Big balance patch oh noes....

Boi get it real, game is dead. Imperius is atm the only hero released this year, and matchmaking is still an joke if i must brutally compare to LoL. While i lose game in 15 mins in HOTS, i can win in same time in LoL quick match.

Boi get it real, game is dead. Imperius is atm the only hero released this year,
    It's only March...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Boi get it real, game is dead. Imperius is atm the only hero released this year, and matchmaking is still an joke if i must brutally compare to LoL. While i lose game in 15 mins in HOTS, i can win in same time in LoL quick match.
    Well just because you are salty about the game, doesn't mean it's dead. Developement slowed down, but it's far from dead.

10+ Year Old Account

Barely two months have passed since the beginning of this year, are you even serious right now?

lol has quite good matchmaking at this point. They even released a deep engineering blogpost about how they fixed matchmaking. If you have problems with MM in lol, then i would blame the only one constant player in all your games.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well just because you are salty about the game, doesn't mean it's dead. Developement slowed down, but it's far from dead.
    Hear hear!

An online game is never truly dead until it's physically impossible to log on and play it anymore.

Reduced development simply means it's in maintenance mode. It's not a great state for the game to be in, but it's still not dead. Believe me, there is actually a game or two currently in maintenance mode that I wish were dead.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"