Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That's not going to happen. All of those people that used to read your manual reports are no longer employeed. It's the same reason the loot is going to be adjusted as well.
    I don't understand why people think right click reporting is beneficial in any game, not just WoW. We have tools as players to govern this better than any automated system through things like /ignore. I see these systems abused far more often than adding any benefit to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    Because? Why is suddenly a big issue?
    Because it can be abused.

And in classic if you are silenced....you literally cant do anything because there is no instanced queued content.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Because it can be abused.

And in classic if you are silenced....you literally cant do anything because there is no instanced queued content.
    The right-click report and auto-squelch system has been in place for nearly 12 years and hasn't been extensively abused. I think a good compromise would be adding a "Report Illegal Services" option that has a clear, defined purpose and would make punishing anyone who tries to abuse the report function very simple. Having the auto-squelch only apply to those particular reports would continue to allow the community to quickly and efficiently remove Gold Seller Spam from the public channels, while leaving little room for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    The right-click report and auto-squelch system has been in place for nearly 12 years and hasn't been extensively abused. I think a good compromise would be adding a "Report Illegal Services" option that has a clear, defined purpose and would make punishing anyone who tries to abuse the report function very simple. Having the auto-squelch only apply to those particular reports would continue to allow the community to quickly and efficiently remove Gold Seller Spam from the public channels, while leaving little room for abuse.
    There are several videos showing the system being abused.
    People get "silenced" or "removed from group or even the game" instantly.

From the top of my head (i watched a couple videos on the matter) happened in one battleground where 1 team decided to report a druid...and he got kicked instantly.
    Another one was a guy who asked his Guild to report him and he got insta removed fromt he game.

I like your ideas.

But to be honest...the people more salty about this are youtube and twitch streamers they are the ones salty about it (u can put 1+1 together to figure out why)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't remember my Lock pet disappearing when casting a new summon, the new summon just caused the current demon to become disorientated and not be able to do anything during the cast. Was this introduced later into Vanilla?
    In vanilla they did dissapear upon starting the summon.
    i think it was tbc when they changed it so it was disorented, which private servers actually run on (as they run on the prepatch for TBC.)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    In vanilla they did dissapear upon starting the summon.
    i think it was tbc when they changed it so it was disorented, which private servers actually run on (as they run on the prepatch for TBC.)
    Private servers do not run on the TBC 2.0.1 prepatch. They run on a 1.12 client, and their data aims at reflecting that patch (or simulate a progression from earlier patches).

Quote Originally Posted by robotusch View Post
    I raised an eyebrow at that as well. Not going to read too much into it at the moment, but perhaps/hopefully we'll get a slightly more frequent stream of updates as the (northern hemisphere) summer approaches.
    Well the new FFXIV expansion releases in July so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz intends to release Classic at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well the new FFXIV expansion releases in July so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz intends to release Classic at that point.
    Considering they said late summer, I am expecting something like a Sept. 10 date, but that they'll release in early August instead.

All of Blizzards launch dates have always been "on this date or before" due to business reason.

Just increase the cap on the ignore feature (I don't see a point in having a report feature).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Private servers do not run on the TBC 2.0.1 prepatch. They run on a 1.12 client, and their data aims at reflecting that patch (or simulate a progression from earlier patches).
    except they run on tbc exp values, giving quests nearly 50% extra EXP.
    they run on the 1.12 client, but 2.0.1 data
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    I don't understand why people think right click reporting is beneficial in any game, not just WoW. We have tools as players to govern this better than any automated system through things like /ignore. I see these systems abused far more often than adding any benefit to a game.
    I didn't say I thought it was beneficial, I said that was the reasoning. It's been a system that has existed for a while and I'm sure if it was being abused nearly as much as some players try to claim it would have been adjusted or disabled by now.

I've also learned that stories that involve " this happened to so and so " often are full of holes.

It's been a system that has existed for a while and I'm sure if it was being abused nearly as much as some players try to claim it would have been adjusted or disabled by now..
    I've said it a couple times but I'll say it again because I don't think people realize how long it's been in the game. Right-click reporting with auto-squelch functionality has been in the game since May of 2007.

I didn't say I thought it was beneficial, I said that was the reasoning. It's been a system that has existed for a while and I'm sure if it was being abused nearly as much as some players try to claim it would have been adjusted or disabled by now.

I've also learned that stories that involve " this happened to so and so " often are full of holes.
    This video has...3 or 4 examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SbjASLwA34&t=1s

One is from a major PvP youtuber who got banned for 30 days after the entire enemy team reported him on a Battleground.
    Min 2:43
    Min 3:40
    Min 4:14

Again, i find only youtubers to be worried about this...for obvious reasons.
    We common people have little to worry about...until the day we are the victim of it
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-03 at 01:07 AM.

This video has...3 or 4 examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SbjASLwA34&t=1s

One is from a major PvP youtuber who got banned for 30 days after the entire enemy team reported him on a Battleground.
    Min 2:43
    Min 3:40
    Min 4:14

Again, i find only youtubers to be worried about this...for obvious reasons.
    We common people have little to worry about...until the day we are the victim of it
    3 or 4 examples and no way to know if it was set up in some way or what else had been going on to have this happen.

It reminds an awful lot like those people in every ban wave that claim they did nothing wrong.

There are several videos showing the system being abused.
    People get "silenced" or "removed from group or even the game" instantly.

From the top of my head (i watched a couple videos on the matter) happened in one battleground where 1 team decided to report a druid...and he got kicked instantly.
    Another one was a guy who asked his Guild to report him and he got insta removed fromt he game.

I like your ideas.

But to be honest...the people more salty about this are youtube and twitch streamers they are the ones salty about it (u can put 1+1 together to figure out why)
    yes, and those videos are niche scenerios, not evidence of widespread abuse. And in all those cases, most if not all of the people abusing the system ended up recieving punishment and the initial silence/ban was reverted very quickly.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-03-03 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    yes, and those videos are niche scenerios, not evidence of widespread abuse. And in all those cases, most if not all of the people abusing the system ended up recieving punishment and the initial silence/ban was reverted very quickly.
    Oh i didnt say there was a widespread abuse of it.
    I was never silenced in my life.
    But if for some reason i am...i would be pretty mad in Classic, a place where you cant do anything relevant if you cant speak :S you are done for

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I think we're at a point where putting WoW Classic up against FFXIV Shadowbringers would be a losing fight for WoW. Going off their "late summer" projections I'm gonna say August.

Also, gotta love how a chunk of the complaints were actually just people misremembering Classic. Or realizing that the supposedly pristine private servers were modified to make classic less silly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

New blue post:

At BlizzCon 2018, we proposed a plan to give Classic four content phases. These were planned to be centered primarily on raid power progression.

Currently, based on both your feedback and our own deliberations, we’re now planning to increase it to six phases. Our focus is still primarily on player power-progression, but we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW. To do that, we’re planning to mirror the approach taken by original WoW, with patches paired together. We’ll launch Classic with content from original WoW through patch 1.2.x, then the second update will include content that was in original WoW 1.3 and 1.4, the third Classic update will have 1.5 and 1.6 content, and so on.

Our first phase primarily focuses on launching Classic with Onyxia and Molten Core, but we’ve decided to hold off on Dire Maul for a while. Maraudon is still in the first phase, because it was originally released on December 18, 2004, just two weeks after the first player hit level 60, but we recognize that Dire Maul is in a different category. Some of the loot that’s attainable from Dire Maul is so good that it would affect progression through those early raids. We’re also planning to hold off on releasing Kazzak and Azuregos at launch as well, for the same reasons.

The next change we’re targeting addresses two concerns. First, Zul’Gurub and Blackwing Lair unlocking at the same time would differ from how they originally came out, and it makes sense to not have gear and enchants from Zul’Gurub available during early progress into Blackwing Lair. Secondly, the Emerald Dragons should be available earlier than the opening of Ahn’Qiraj, as they give us a way to start preparing nature resist gear for some of the encounters in AQ.

Along the way, we’ve taken a close look at items that provide the biggest power gains, many of which were introduced in 1.10 as part of a sweeping dungeon itemization pass. That patch was when Tier 0.5 gear was introduced, and Relics were added to the drop tables of many bosses. It also adjusted drop rates and drop locations of a lot of gear (to make room for the Relics). We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10, with exceptions—there are lots of little changes made in earlier patches that don’t have a big effect on player power, and in those cases, we’re planning to use the 1.12 drop rates and locations.

One example of the many items we’re planning for is: Titanic Leggings, which is a world drop that first appeared in 1.10. We can confirm that it will be controlled by the same content unlock that restricts the other 1.10 loot changes.

Here’s what the release order currently looks like:

Phase 1 (Classic Launch)

Molten Core
    Onyxia
    Maraudon

Phase 2

Dire Maul
    Azuregos
    Kazzak

Phase 3

Blackwing Lair
    Darkmoon Faire
    Darkmoon deck drops begin

Phase 4

Zul’Gurub
    Green Dragons

Phase 5

Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
    Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
    Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6

Naxxramas
    Scourge Invasion

We haven’t yet determined exactly when phases 2-6 will occur, and PvP content is notably missing from the list above. That’s because we’re still evaluating our options regarding PvP rewards, as they also changed over time (both in power and in terms of which PvP reward items were available).

While we can’t elaborate on every detail of every step we’re going to take (yet), we’re here reading all of your questions and we’re going to keep the answers coming.

Thank you!
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nt-plan/120346

Looks better than the schedule shown on blizzcon tbh. The hype is gathering.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-03-11 at 04:31 PM.

Much better the schedule, much smother the experience we will get and the most important?
    They are listening!
    It is getting better and better! Can't wait any more!

"Our plan is to do content release patches the same way private servers do them."

Such update. Much decision. Wow.