Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, there's the one lightforged draenei who mentions doing something close to Horde prisoners, but the AU was lightbound, not lightforged
    Thing about that, though, is that she says it in quotes. People do that in writing to signify a double-meaning. when she says (paraphrasing) "Let me know if any Horde prisoners need 'purifying'" she means death - perhaps torture. Lightforged feel that the Light and being Lightforged is pure, therefore, there wouldn't be a need to add quotation marks around the word "purifying" at all. For her, from her perspective, it would just be a statement in that case. In this case, it has another meaning.

So, no, not the same as AU Draenei at all.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I honestly don't think there's a plot hole to fill.

The gun everyone's talking about is Legion tech, fuelled with Light. If it were that powerful the Legion would have done a lot more damage.

In terms of game mechanics, the Vindicaar put out enough damage every few minutes to kill a few demons in an area about a yard wide before needing to recharge.

In terms of story, basically every time we saw the gun fired it was within like 300-1000 yards of its target and it did enough damage to break rocks or penetrate walls.

I don't think it's the insta-win, army-annihilating weapon so many people seem to think it is. If it was we'd be complaining about the plot hole that saw us running around Argus manually instead of just nuking everything from the safety of orbit.
    are you smoking dick?

Ingame representation is NOT canon.

Crack kills

- - - Updated - - -

btw your opinion is wrong. Vindicaar > Horde

Source: Anduin’s Plot Armour

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-03-03 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    are you smoking dick?

Ingame representation is NOT canon.

Crack kills

- - - Updated - - -

btw your opinion is wrong. Vindicaar > Horde

Source: Anduin’s Plot Armour
    Where's the out-of-game canon source for how powerful the Vindicaar is?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Personal tin foil hat story.
    That ignores two big issues: 1) After leaving the Seat of the Pantheon, the portal to Argus was closed, so it wouldn't even arrive on Argus for another 10 years and 2) we know it is currently in orbit around Azeroth, being used as the Army of Light's main base for the planet.

Where's the out-of-game canon source for how powerful the Vindicaar is?
    It's a space ship. Also, the gun is Army of Light tech, not Legion. It's the Xenedar's old main gun.

But they don't even need it. They could just drop down assorted junk from orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's a space ship. Also, the gun is Army of Light tech, not Legion. It's the Xenedar's old main gun.

But they don't even need it. They could just drop down assorted junk from orbit.
    Point taken about the gun being from the Xenedar, though as far as I'm aware we ever saw how powerful it itself was.

I disagree with it being a shape ship automatically means it's powerful, though. Dropping assorted junk from orbit would probably be easier and more effective, aside from specific strikes. Still not really the one-shot winner I've seen people claim - some people act like each blast would be similar to the Theramore mana bomb in destructive power.

Point taken about the gun being from the Xenedar, though as far as I'm aware we ever saw how powerful it itself was.

I disagree with it being a shape ship automatically means it's powerful, though. Dropping assorted junk from orbit would probably be easier and more effective, aside from specific strikes. Still not really the one-shot winner I've seen people claim - some people act like each blast would be similar to the Theramore mana bomb in destructive power.
    It means they can attack ground targets with impunity. Also, don't underestimate ballistic bombardment from that height. Mana bomb level destructive power shouldn't be outside their ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal tin foil hat story.
    Ahhhhhhh

Was gonna say the only time in my knowledge, where they have tried to duct tape over this vindicaar sized hole in the story is that interview with Danuser. The one where he's like "err yeaa didn't want to use it to make the war of thorns work so....ye"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    It is low on power. It ran out of the majority of its power during Legion. Only the minimum is currently running.
    Don't say that like it's fact

In terms of story, basically every time we saw the gun fired it was within like 300-1000 yards of its target and it did enough damage to break rocks or penetrate walls.

I don't think it's the insta-win, army-annihilating weapon so many people seem to think it is. If it was we'd be complaining about the plot hole that saw us running around Argus manually instead of just nuking everything from the safety of orbit.
    It's a laser, though, meaning it's not affected by atmosphere and the range doesn't matter. It was just shown to fire from closer distance because it was supposed to look cool. It's just like the average space operas, where ships are shown to be close to each other just due to the rule of cool. In reality, the ship could stay in orbit and just shoot that laser in the Horde's general direction. Even if it has to recharge after every shot, and the gun is not very powerful to begin with, after a couple of months worth of bombardment from the orbit, any Horde city would be a pile of rubble by now, and the Horde would be able to do exactly nothing about it. Imagine the psychological effect of knowing your opponent has a weapon that can reach you anywhere and you can't counter it in any way. Try to concentrate your forces and the Alliance only needs to know where they are and Vindicaar could get to work on them, try to hide them and it can get to work on your cities, which can't really hide. It may not be an insta-win weapon, but it's definitely a guaranteed-win one.

The worst part is that there are many ways Blizzard writers could have approached this, for example, say that it was badly damaged during Legion campaign, or that it is very low on fuel and ammo, so that it becomes a last resort kind of tool, one that would take some serious consideration to be used. They haven't done any of that, they just ignored it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I seen on Argus our lightforged don't give a fuck about what anyone worships, they just seem to enjoy putting their feet (hooves?) ankle deep into fel laced asses. That one lf draenei got a fetish for torture just like Interrogator Visha had a thing for doing that. I'm more concerned about Umbric fucking around with Azeroth's wildlife.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2019-03-03 at 02:56 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    It is low on power. It ran out of the majority of its power during Legion. Only the minimum is currently running.
    Imagine if they had this source of Energy. Perhaps from the very Planet itself. As a crystalised type of Gem and being found on Azeroth, They could call it Azerite.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Your mistake is thinking the the Army of the Light is the same as the AU Draenor lightforged who just run around forcing the light on everyone, they aren't, they are separate groups, from seperate timelines, with different leadership, principles, and objectives, the Army of the Light in our timeline doesn't do that shit.
    Yet. Its inevitable that they turn on the other nonbelievers now that they Legion is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's a laser, though, meaning it's not affected by atmosphere and the range doesn't matter.
    That's quite the opposite of the truth. Lasers don't deal with atmosphere well, especially if there's a lot of particles in it.

For that matter, their effective range is limited even in deep space. Eventually they bloom enough to do little more than give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Yet. Its inevitable that they turn on the other nonbelievers now that they Legion is gone.
    Not so. They still have Velen and other issues to focus on, unlike the Lightbound. Besides, while the leaders of the Legion are gone, the majority of their forces still exist and are probably busy raising trouble while trying to find a place for themselves.

Anduin - What is the current state of the Vindicaar?
    Velen - It is currently stationed on Argus to protecting the remaining Dreanei and defeating demons attempting to steal Legion technology.
    Anduin - Understood, if we truly needed it how long would it take to get it back to Azeroth.
    Velen - With good luck gathering energy supplies and no demon attacks around 10 years.
    Way too complex.

Try something like this:

Anduin - Vindicar durrr duurr hurrduurrrr
    Velen - Hurrdurrhurrrdurr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Jump to conclusions much? No, much too much.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen - It is currently stationed on Argus to protecting the remaining Dreanei and defeating demons attempting to steal Legion technology.
    Anduin - Understood, if we truly needed it how long would it take to get it back to Azeroth.
    Velen - With good luck gathering energy supplies and no demon attacks around 10 years.
    Aaaaaand /Thread
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

So how did it get there in the first place considering the Vindicaar brought us back from Argus right before the portal to the planet closed?

I mean, how can they write about a war when one faction got a godlike machine that can destroy everything? AND handle the Void?

You could think Alleria could just open a void rift next to Sylvanas and push her with her hand to then close it and it's done, war's over. But how do you keep your story alive then?

It's their fault by introducing such nonsense at all, but they have to work with what they have now.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2019-03-03 at 05:06 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Jump to conclusions much? No, much too much.
    That is the reality of organized religions. Anyone pretending otherwise is just kidding themselves. It may take time but eventually they all decide to spread by the sword.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-03-03 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The biggest issue I have with the Vindicaar is that it has nowhere for the crew to sit or rest. No acceleration couches, nothing. Ok, there's a few blankets on the floor for the injured, but that's it. No galley either. What a heap of junk.