Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Think I'm gonna have to restart. I'm at the point where the big dude is chasing me for the first time. I have like 8 handgun ammo and 5 shotgun shells. Need to restart and learn to dodge more.
    You can't kill him, doesn't matter how much ammo you have. You're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Think I'm gonna have to restart. I'm at the point where the big dude is chasing me for the first time. I have like 8 handgun ammo and 5 shotgun shells. Need to restart and learn to dodge more.
    If it is Mr X you don't fight him. You run, lure him outside and run around him.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I actually enjoyed watching this mod. Was quite entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

'Resident Evil 2' Team Didn't Expect Mr. X To Be The Sensation He Is
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03...t-ps4-xbox-pc/

"There are elements that we included (such as his hat) that we hoped would resonate and be a talking point with players, but we had no idea that people would enjoy Tyrant to this degree, so it honestly makes the development team as a whole really happy to see things like this," said Kadoi while speaking about the character to PC Gamer. "It’s always unpredictable what will truly resonate with fans no matter how much you aim for something particular, but it’s always a pleasant surprise when fans walk away from a game with a positive experience and have something to share with their peers."

What's interesting about all of the Mr. X hooplah, is that there was none of it in the build-up to release. Sure, Resident Evil fans remember the character and probably have some fond memories of playing the survival-horror classic with him as the centerpiece, but, he was never this popular. I suppose that's the power of memes though -- and of course, excellent AI scripting.

Elsewhere in the chat with PC Gamer, Kadoi also put to bed the crazy fan theory that there's actually multiple Tyrants. Turns out he's just really good at hunting you down.
    Got to love the internet sometimes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    has the developers NEVER played a third person shooter before?
    They not only played one before, they basically invented how modern TPSs play with RE4. Cool history lesson for you before you go on another hot take rant...

RE2 is not meant to control like modern TPS in case you where wondering... it's a remake of a game that had a fixed camera angle and they took measures for the game to keep some of it's original game play concepts and not just be a shoot em up like the more modern RE games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They not only played one before, they basically invented how modern TPSs play with RE4. Cool history lesson for you before you go on another hot take rant...

RE2 is not meant to control like modern TPS in case you where wondering... it's a remake of a game that had a fixed camera angle and they took measures for the game to keep some of it's original game play concepts and not just be a shoot em up like the more modern RE games.
    I have a few hundred hours on RE4, well aware of the history, thats why im so suprised they messed uphere. It was so good in RE4, 5 and the revelations games. This reminds me of the disaster game RE6.

I have a few hundred hours on RE4, well aware of the history, thats why im so suprised they messed uphere. It was so good in RE4, 5 and the revelations games. This reminds me of the disaster game RE6.
    The thing is you think they messed up here but they didn't and this is no where near the disaster that RE6 was.

Last checked in RE2 your not doing a QTE every 5 seconds. Also you clearly have ether never played RE6 or its been a while since you have if you think RE2 and RE6 feel the same.

You are literally the only person I have seen complain about the controls even more so comparing it to RE6.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

1) There is nothing wrong with the shooting mechanics in RE6 and that isn't why people don't like that game

2) RE2 plays nothing like RE6. Nor is it trying to play like RE4 either. It plays like a modern version of *shocker* RE2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat Leon A and now I am playing Claire B. The film noir asshole that followed me a bit in Leon A will not stop stalking me in Claire B. I am filled with terror, anxiety and frustration. This is how one makes a horror game! Well done

I am happy I get both this and DMC5 for free on Friday! woot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1) There is nothing wrong with the shooting mechanics in RE6 and that isn't why people don't like that game

2) RE2 plays nothing like RE6. Nor is it trying to play like RE4 either. It plays like a modern version of *shocker* RE2.
    The shooting mechanics is the only reason I didn't like RE6. I just can't believe they didn't include the style of RE4, that was a choice in RE5 and even in the Revelation games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    ooooh my goodness that is fucking hilarious lol

- - - Updated - - -

After reading your posts it seems like you kinda just wanna hate the game tbh.
    Yeah I suppose. I hyped this game so much and got so extremely dissapointed My own fault for expecting too much.

Yeah I suppose. I hyped this game so much and got so extremely dissapointed My own fault for expecting too much.
    It isn't that you expected too much, You expected the game to be something it was never going to be.
    There is a difference in the two.

I'm very happy Resident Evil is never going back to the ways RE4-6 was. I grew tired of the Call of Duty, Your characters are super heroes crap ages ago.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-06 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your characters are super heroes crap ages ago.
    Joe Baker still exists you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Joe Baker still exists you know.
    There's a reason I said Call of Duty and Your Character.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't that you expected too much, You expected the game to be something it was never going to be.
    There is a difference in the two.

I'm very happy Resident Evil is never going back to the ways RE4-6 was. I grew tired of the Call of Duty, Your characters are super heroes crap ages ago.
    Nono, don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be like 4 or 5 even though I loved them. Well maybe camera anglewise they can.

I don't like RE2 mainly for other reasons, not just the camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I dunno how you're so dissapointed. To me the game is almost perfect. My only real complaint is that they should have left Leon and Claire's A/B storylines how they were in the original. But other than that I couldn't be happier with it. ( I'm still holding out hope that there will be some DLC later on down the line that addresses this issue )
    The points I posted originally in this thread were these:

- They butchered the areas of classic RE2 and made it too trivial to move around. It has no depht left. Not super linear but way more than the original game, as well as a feeling there is less to explore.
    - There are way too many enemies in this game. The creepiest place in all of classic RE is the balcony on the east side of the police station. The sounds you here there gives me the shivers. That don't exist anymore, it's too much action.
    - It's crazy hard to dodge zombies. The survival horror genre makes you chose what zombies to kill and what to skip. Here, you basically have to shoot them, at least in the leg, to have a decent (but not good) chance to get past them. Zombie dodging was a big thing in the classic games, gone here. There are prolly some trick for it, but it's way, way, way hard to perform.
    - This might seem trivial, but it's HUGE for me. When you loot something, you don't just pick it up like in any other game, you have to CHOOSE where you put it, which makes looting insanely inconvinient.
    - And they never learn with the backtracking and inventory. They go to having quest items like keys etc in the inventory. They learned this with RE4 and RE5 but now they just messed up. Managing items is a part of survival horror, but more like CONSERVING items and not having to chose what to pick up. Running forth and back to the item box to get stuff in a room is NOT FUN.

In summary, it has too many frustrating moments it's simply not fun. I pained through the game just to finish it and I even regret that. It's honestly one of the worst games I played.

Nono, don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be like 4 or 5 even though I loved them. Well maybe camera anglewise they can.

I don't like RE2 mainly for other reasons, not just the camera.
    So about those reasons....
    This
    They butchered the areas of classic RE2 and made it too trivial to move around.
    Conflicts with this.
    It's crazy hard to dodge zombies.
    Its not hard to dodge Zombies, This game was intended as a remake not remaster.

And they never learn with the backtracking and inventory. They go to having quest items like keys etc in the inventory.
    It is this way because it is intended to be as close to the original as possible.

See that's the part your not getting. You want this to be like RE4-6 when they wanted it to be like the original. Honestly if you hate RE2 Remake then you clearly didn't like RE2 Original ether.

Everything you listed could be said about the original. You wanted this game to be something it was never going to be and this was known since literally the reveal of it.

Don't get me wrong feel free to not like the game there is a couple aspects about it I don't like ether. But the things you have listed can be said about the original and they all scream (It isn't like RE4-6).

Also fun fact there was two versions of RE2 and one of them didn't have the shitty tank controls because it allowed analog controls via the dual shock controllers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the notion that you don't like backtracking tells me instantly you wouldn't have liked the original game? It makes no sense that you claim the game is too linear, then go on to say that backtracking and inventory are a problem? All of the games before 4 were designed exactly with backtracking in mind and revisiting most areas at least 2 times, sometimes more. The original RE2 played exactly like this, amplified by a few degrees because inventory was even more limited and the menus were far worse. You can pick up most items and instantly combine them. Menus are amazing compared to other entries (maybe not 4-6), but I wouldn't want the game to be like those at all aside from the camera angles.

I still don't get what you mean about it being hard to dodge zombies. Learn their patterns, learn to bait lunges and realize that this isn't a game from nearly 20 years ago where tech prevented things from simply happening back then. The OG RE2 would have been a lot different with modern tech because zombies can now go through doors, they can have far more enemies on screen, and they don't have to have corpses randomly vanish when exiting rooms because of hardware issues. You can dodge a metric shit load of enemies in this game. I never killed a single licker on my first play through, killed about half the dogs and maybe a 25%-30% of the zombies? I played the game like ammo was sacred and ended up having way too much at the end because I just wanted to make sure a scenario where I was fucked couldn't occur. While not recommended, you can literally do the first section of the police station on the A scenario without killing a single zombie.

Something being creepy is entirely up to you. There are three things from the 1998 version when I was 12-14 years old that actually startled me or freaked me out. The licker jumping through the glass in the interrogation room, Mr.X busting through the wall on the other side of the save room, and the zombie hands coming through the windows when you go down that one hallway in the RPD a bit later in the game. By comparison there are probably a dozen different areas that legit startled me in the remake and even when I know a licker is coming, it still makes me semi jump when it screams and enters a room. The sound in this game is probably one of it's biggest assets and it really sets the mood/atmosphere (I do like the original soundtrack a lot though).

To each their own though. I'm still not sure how you eliminate backtracking all the while complaining that the game is too linear? Doing such would make the game exactly that. To me it sounds like you don't have your mind made up. From what I can tell, you basically want RE2 to behave system wise like RE4-RE6 and you don't want it to linear at the same time (which is pretty contradictory).

There are things I dislike about the remake, but I still prefer it to the original TBH. The biggest complaint I have with the game as a whole is that a lot of the unique things Leon/Claire did in the original are really meshed together this time, and they fight a lot of the same enemies. It makes the timeline if you're trying to follow what actually happened messy (although TBH, this series as a whole shouldn't be taken too seriously story wise). I enjoyed the B scenario or the second run, but wish it was even more different like in the original.

That's it really. It's still one of the best games I've played, it's just too bad they couldn't have spent a bit more time polishing up the second scenarios and making the paths each character takes a bit different. It's silly to me that Leon and Claire meet once briefly at the beginning, and then never again until the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    So about those reasons....
    This

Conflicts with this.

Its not hard to dodge Zombies, This game was intended as a remake not remaster.

It is this way because it is intended to be as close to the original as possible.

See that's the part your not getting. You want this to be like RE4-6 when they wanted it to be like the original. Honestly if you hate RE2 Remake then you clearly didn't like RE2 Original ether.

Everything you listed could be said about the original. You wanted this game to be something it was never going to be and this was known since literally the reveal of it.

Don't get me wrong feel free to not like the game there is a couple aspects about it I don't like ether. But the things you have listed can be said about the original and they all scream (It isn't like RE4-6).

Also fun fact there was two versions of RE2 and one of them didn't have the shitty tank controls because it allowed analog controls via the dual shock controllers.
    It's unecessary hard to dodge zombies in the remake, while it's much easier and smoother in the classic. And by moving around I don't mean the zombies. Just look at the first hall in the police station, instant ramps to the 2nd floor etc. It just feels like they took away the heart and soul of the original game's areas.

I LOVE the tank controls more than any other I played and I love the set camera angles. Guess that's why this was dissapointing to me.