Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Now that we're getting closer to launch, the major changes to classic such as sharding are imminent and almost a reality.

However the implementation of these changes from classic is contrary to the opinion of the overwhelming majority of players who have been advocating "no changes".

So my question is, are all these players simply going to put up with these changes, or are they going to put their money where their mouth is and not purchase the product? I predict that the "no changes" crowd will simply swallow their pride, buy the game and accept all the changes like sharding.

Which begs the question: why did they bother making such a commotion about "no changes" in the first place?
    Blizzard wants "No changes" as long as they make sense.

Nobody wants a replica of the launch experience from back then. Sharding will probably last a few weeks and then they'll turn sharding off again.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Blizzard would be stupid to spend a crap ton of money opening a load of servers just to satisfy players like you..
    It isn't going to cost that much money to keep servers open. And I'm not against merging.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Cut the crap, your group 1 is just an invention from forum idiots. It's just people from group 3 that flagged as "not acceptable" some changes that another guy from group 3 considered "acceptable", so he went into strawmaning to artifically create the group of "reasonable people" (from which he's, of course, part of) and the groupe of "absolute purists without a grip on reality" (from which, of course, the guy he disagrees with is part).
    See Alexensual for an example of someone that is going to explode no matter what they do in this game.

He will be making flip out videos for ad money within the first month. I got a shoe ready to eat if it doesn't happen.

Now that we're getting closer to launch, the major changes to classic such as sharding are imminent and almost a reality.

However the implementation of these changes from classic is contrary to the opinion of the overwhelming majority of players who have been advocating "no changes".

So my question is, are all these players simply going to put up with these changes, or are they going to put their money where their mouth is and not purchase the product? I predict that the "no changes" crowd will simply swallow their pride, buy the game and accept all the changes like sharding.

Which begs the question: why did they bother making such a commotion about "no changes" in the first place?
    Outside of launch, Classic won't have sharding, so can you stop spreading nonsensical claptrap?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Since the plan is to only use sharding for the initial rush its fine.

I kinda have to laugh at the "no changes" crowd, they are the people who played with dynamic respawn rates and many more wrongly coded stuff for years now on pservers. Cant wait to see all the mages trying to aoe level on classic release.
    You act as if AoE leveling for frost mages wasn't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Its not racist because its true.

Free Games are plagued with China/Russia/Brazil bots. Requiring an active Live Sub in good standing keeps most of the Bad out. Sure you'll still get the occasional "NI HAO GO HERE BUY GOLD KTHX", but not as rampant as it is on Private Servers
    Yeah you're right. I mean I have actually met a couple chinese people and they're really nice and all, same thing with russians: I've played with many who you can talk with and that are really good at the game. But yeah truth is, most of them don't speak english at all, they have bad computers and are bad players. Also many of them seem to have a different mentality towards fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Outside of launch, Classic won't have sharding, so can you stop spreading nonsensical claptrap?

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if AoE leveling for frost mages wasn't a thing.
    it was, but it required a good deal of skill and coordination. it wasn't just something anyone could do.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Its not racist because its true.

Free Games are plagued with China/Russia/Brazil bots. Requiring an active Live Sub in good standing keeps most of the Bad out. Sure you'll still get the occasional "NI HAO GO HERE BUY GOLD KTHX", but not as rampant as it is on Private Servers
    I tried to go back to my first mmo once or twice. Their versions of /say and /1 were completely unusable in the capital city because every 5 steps there was a bot spamming the message for their gold selling site, with a single change in punctuation somewhere every third line to avoid the spam blockers. The moment any person actually said something it was shoved ten screens up and off the list.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Groups 1 and 3 are the same people. It's like this, and I think we agree: Group 3 exists, of course, but they often sound totally different when they advocate for no changes, being misunderstood and lumped into the fictitious Group 1.
    So, Group 2 doesn't care, Group 3 cares but will play regardless of the changes, and Group 1 isn't real.
    Pretty much.
    But I blame people strawmanning them more than them sounding that much different. It's not like the arguments "I don't trust Blizzard to make the good choice when it comes to altering the game" or "no change is the only solution because everyone has his own idea on which changes are acceptable" are rare, it's rather than the people who find convenient the scarecrow of this supposed "purist group" prefer to ignore them and just pretend the whole concept is absurd because said imaginary group.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-03-03 at 09:58 PM.

Some people will accept changes some people will not play some people will go back to private servers.

/thread.
    Hi Sephurik

Since there is no "purchase"... I suspect everyone will play it at launch and give it a chance. If it FEELS any different than vanilla... it'll bomb.

While it may cost a month of sub... a lot of people have more htan enough gold to buy their game time. I still have a couple million gold and haven't played hardly at. Plenty to find out if Classic is true to it's roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I plan on subbing (first two weeks of sharding and only in starter zones I can live with, sucks but I will live with it).
    If they start to add stupid QoL shit that I already said I dont want to, or make sharding standard for all zones - I will simply leave it (let the sub run out and leave).
    I dont like few minor things either (loot trade), but sometimes you just want to play badly that some smaller bs you end up accepting.
    In general will have to wait for closer to release and see what they did. The more it strides away from original the more likely I will pass.
    Even with sharding, the starter zones will be crowded to buggery like a private server release. It just means more people get to play and trickle out of the starting zones. People will still have to que or fight over mobs in those zones.

The loot thing will certainly encourage full friend groups or pre-arranged loot distribution/reserving. Not necessarily a positive but I expect people will find a way to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I plan on playing the first month, and see what happens.
    If they start to implement new shit from current WoW, or don't disable sharding once the initial wave is passed, I'm back to pserver.

I've fully able and willing to pay for Classic, BUT only if I DO get Classic. I'm not interested in paying for a Frankenstein shit, so I'll play as long as Blizzard keep the change below the red line, and leave once they cross it.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut the crap, your group 1 is just an invention from forum idiots. It's just people from group 3 that flagged as "not acceptable" some changes that another guy from group 3 considered "acceptable", so he went into strawmaning to artifically create the group of "reasonable people" (from which he's, of course, part of) and the groupe of "absolute purists without a grip on reality" (from which, of course, the guy he disagrees with is part).

Or in short, it's just a strawman.
    There were literally people complaining about the font in the buyout tab being different. Some even complained about color blind mode giving advantages. Group 1 exists whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    There were literally people complaining about the font in the buyout tab being different. Some even complained about color blind mode giving advantages. Group 1 exists whether you like it or not.
    Frankly I think most of those are either trolls, or people looking for any excuse they can find not to play. Basically I think most of those ultra purists are just looking for any excuse they can find to stick with private servers because they are cheap.

Its they hypocrisy of the group because they say they want it 100% perfect, but then they are willing to go back to private servers that aren't 100% perfect.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2019-03-03 at 11:00 PM.

Id rather have sharding for 1 week and a smooth launch then no sharding and being unable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Frankly I think most of those are either trolls, or people looking for any excuse they can find not to play. Basically I think most of those ultra purists are just looking for any excuse they can find to stick with private servers because they are cheap.

Its they hypocrisy of the group because they say they want it 100% perfect, but then they are willing to go back to private servers that aren't 100% perfect.
    That's what the OP said about the group. They'll find any excuse not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    That's what the OP said about the group. They'll find any excuse not to play.
    Key is we knew early on they existed. Want to know who they are? Find a thread that talks about paying for classic. If they are going nuts then you found them. They were never going to be happy, because they didn't want to pay for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    i'm no changes and never touched a private server.
    That's the problem, you haven't experienced trying to quest in a zone where you had to literally wait 5min to tag 1 single skeleton for your opening quest.

I don't care about sharding, are there any other changes?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    The servers as they are now handle even less stress than the servers back then did. Nowadays the servers just kick in the sharding whenever they sense that a certain number of people are close to eachother, so you never notice anything like what we used to have. With modern technology however, one could maybe hope for servers that could actually handle the world events as they were meant to be experienced, though it's very unlikely Blizzard would spend money on something like that.
    If a bunch of basement dwelling monkeys could do it for years now I'm sure even a indie company like Blizzard could pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    That's the problem, you haven't experienced trying to quest in a zone where you had to literally wait 5min to tag 1 single skeleton for your opening quest.
    yes, i literally have. remember in vanilla when you would have server crashes? what would everyone do? they would roll an alt on another server to pass the time. and those servers would be flooded.