Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    That's pretty much what they're doing, except Legion's goes to Azsuna and MoP's goes to your faction's town in Jade Forest.

This of course makes no sense. Dalaran is currently in Broken Isles so it's a portal in time too. The Northrend portal should go to the Dragon Shrine and the Legion one to Legion Dalaran, but everybody has a Legion Dalaran hearthstone so time-travel or not I'm cool with it.

The MoP portals to Jade Forest are just plain stupid. Unnecessary inconvenience. Just phase them to portal to MoP shrines at level 90 and it would work fine.

Also the portals to Caverns of Time, Karazhan, and Dalaran Crater (Hillsbrad) are being removed entirely. They were all useful and are now gone forever.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-03-03 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If removal of the portals that made you play less of the game make you realize that you aren't having fun anymore - the game have bigger problems to be fair.
    You completely missed my point, as well as the point of the post I quoted.

When I did still play (I don't anymore, I lurk here for some of the other sub-forums), I missed portals being removed. That alone wasn't enough to make me quit... but it did reduce how much I enjoyed the game.

I can point to major changes that I absolutely loathe (Personal Loot being mandatory, for one), but the point of the post I quoted is that these changes don't have to be enough on their own to make someone quit, or even play the game less. All they have to do is make the game less enjoyable, more annoying... and eventually, it adds up to a player who doesn't have a reason to stick around anymore.

Because at this point? Even if they fixed the big stuff, I remember how annoying all those little things are, and how much more I enjoy games where I don't have to put up with them. Most of them weren't enough to drive me away when I was still playing.... but they're absolutely enough to keep me away when I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Also the portal to Caverns of Time is being removed entirely.
    They're removing the portal to CoT from Shattrath?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    You completely missed my point, as well as the point of the post I quoted.

When I did still play (I don't anymore, I lurk here for some of the other sub-forums), I missed portals being removed. That alone wasn't enough to make me quit... but it did reduce how much I enjoyed the game.

I can point to major changes that I absolutely loathe (Personal Loot being mandatory, for one), but the point of the post I quoted is that these changes don't have to be enough on their own to make someone quit, or even play the game less. All they have to do is make the game less enjoyable, more annoying... and eventually, it adds up to a player who doesn't have a reason to stick around anymore.

Because at this point? Even if they fixed the big stuff, I remember how annoying all those little things are, and how much more I enjoy games where I don't have to put up with them. Most of them weren't enough to drive me away when I was still playing.... but they're absolutely enough to keep me away when I'm not.
    It all boils down to slowly eroding player agency in favor of Blizzard dictating how much time everything requires. It's a subscription model. Time = money more so than in ANY other business model. Any cover explanations about how it makes the world feel bigger, or rationalizations about making you more immersed is complete and utter bullshit.

It would not surprise me if these portal removals went through as announced, regardless of what players say or how much the protest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    They're removing the portal to CoT from Shattrath?
    I haven't read anything about them removing the ability to teleport by talking to the high elf in the Shattrath inn, I think most people just don't know about it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I haven't read anything about them removing the ability to teleport by talking to the high elf in the Shattrath inn, I think most people just don't know about it.
    Then all is well on that front.

Im against removing portals just because they belonged to the previous expansion. They are always useful.

They made a mistake when they advertised that these new portal rooms were something very anticipated by the playerbase, when they were using this to shaft the legion portals. (Another) bad move, Blizz.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-03 at 09:50 PM.

Barely makes any difference, the two biggest ones are CoT and Kara portals.

CoT might still have a teleport in shattrath, but could be changed/removed before 8.1.5 hits live. Either way, the closest portal is Uldum, which ultimately forces players to spend an extra minute or two flying.

Kara has the blasted lands portal fairly close, which also equates to around 1-2minutes of flying.

Way too much QQ over anything these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    Barely makes any difference, the two biggest ones are CoT and Kara portals.
    Horde? Sure. 110+ Druid? Sure.

However, Alliance get to deal with not having a reliable way to get to Dalaran Crater.

Ironforge / Twilight Highlands - 5+ mins of flying / flight paths
    Arathi - Your faction must be in control of it
    Scholo - Limited time teleport reserved for those who did MoP CMs on the right character(s)

Alliance kind of get the short end of the stick with the portals being removed. But that comes down to Blizzard placing shared portals far more conveniently for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    Way too much QQ over anything these days.
    Yeah, we should be bending over backwards for any change to the game that our godkings Blizzard decide to bestow upon us. Doesn't matter if we don't like it. Doesn't matter if there's no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Then all is well on that front.
    If all your characters have KoT rep at revered, I suppose that's true for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    so rather then admitting BFA is one of the worst expansions they've shat out, and fixing some of the issues with it.. they just do something to annoy more players then before.

*slow clap* well done lads.. well done..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Who cares. I already have a bag and toy sets full of portals to the weirdest places. I can be in almost any zone in less than 2m
    and if they nerf those next?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    "my game". Whan an egocentric cunt.
    pretty much, and thats why the games in such a poor state it is, because they pandered to such people.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I like this change...

*run away*
    Me too. Immersion > convenience. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they're gutting Dalaran (again) can we at least get a Stormwind Hearthstone? I realize we have the guild cloaks but I want something to replace my dalaran hearthstone.
    It's very easy to get to SW no matter how you slice it.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I don't play this game anymore (I quit in Oct 2017...Legion was still going pretty strong and the game was at a high point it hadn't seen in several years). This is one of the things that would drive me to quit if I did. Redoing the SW/Org portals and organizing them in a room, that I can get behind. Doing extra work, and removing portals from all other cities, just to be jerks, is idiotic. You should see the thread on the official forums about this. And the one blue left in there (since they fired everyone else) is just fanning the flames.

5+ Year Old Account
    I get why they want us to well WALK places. They want the world to feel alive. This is why the portals are being removed. Even though I feel like this is just gonna make people more frustrated. Next thing you know they are gonna take out flying. Which will be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I get why they want us to well WALK places. They want the world to feel alive. This is why the portals are being removed. Even though I feel like this is just gonna make people more frustrated. Next thing you know they are gonna take out flying. Which will be a pain.
    If you like playing mmorpg you wont be frustrated. I just think some people play wrong game. Teleportation was always something what went againts core of mmorpgs and if you are entilted person what needs it just to save time it clearly shows what kind of audience current wow atracts. And it definitly isnt mmorpg audience.

Any updates on if Blizz went through with the portal removals for the live patch?

I'm still at work but the removals are in the official patch notes, so you know they're gone.