Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I haven't been playing that long, but this is the first time I've seen people talking about not using relics for Forma. I just don't get why I would go through the trouble of farming and selling Prime parts for something I can easily get basically for free?
    Because you are going to be cracking lots of relics in this game and you are going to get lots of duplicates that you will want to sell. Also forma isn't always an option.
    Am I missing something here?
    Well you did seem to miss that I stipulated it's more cost effective in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I haven't been playing that long, but this is the first time I've seen people talking about not using relics for Forma. I just don't get why I would go through the trouble of farming and selling Prime parts for something I can easily get basically for free?

I mean, I will admit there have been nights where I've gotten unlucky, but more often than not, I'll get a Forma blueprint after only one or two Fissure missions. If any of the quicker missions are available, like Capture or Exterminate (and there's usually at least one of those up somewhere), then it only takes five or ten minutes, as well. And the materials needed to craft Forma are all things you need for most weapons or Frame parts anyway, so you either always have some rattling around or you would eventually need to go out and farm them anyway.

It's just...especially for a newcomer, 35 platinum seems kind of high for only 3 Forma. That's potentially a warframe slot and a couple of weapon slots, instead. And 3 Forma isn't near enough to get fit all the "required" mods for most weapons, unless they already have polarity slots.

Am I missing something here?
    you can sell blueprints etc for plat which is why he said its better in the long run, but bagging some formas if you need them from relics is fine as long as you arnt choosing them over parts that you require to forge stuff or cbf selling things you already have

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well you did seem to miss that I stipulated it's more cost effective in the long run.
    But even from a more long term perspective, it becomes progressively easier to just build Forma yourself. Again, the idea of buying Forma just seems like an incredible waste to me; I try to only use platinum on stuff I can't physically get any other way, or has significantly worse RNG attached to it.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Is warframe a game where you can just chill and play while like looking at a second monitor or do you have to be focused?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Is warframe a game where you can just chill and play while like looking at a second monitor or do you have to be focused?
    For high level play it definitely requires some focus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    For high level play it definitely requires some focus.
    So for lower levels of play is it ok to play with sound muted? will i just be dieing alot if im not aware of whats going on

So for lower levels of play is it ok to play with sound muted? will i just be dieing alot if im not aware of whats going on
    At the beginning / low levels I don't really see this being a problem. Heck with the excalibur frame for the first planet you can basically just spam melee attack lol

The parts of the game where you actually need to pay attention tend to be a very small percentage of the content. You can definitely reach a point where, with certain frames and certain mission types, all you need to do is press a button every now and then, and most things just die across the entire map.

It can take a bit to get to that point, though. The beginning tends to be easy, the middle can be a little rough while you build up your arsenal and learn how to build stuff, but by the end, outside of a narrow section of content, you will effectively be a god among ants.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Runescape is probably a decent game if that's what you're looking for. The entire grind behind that game is centered around seeing how little you can pay attention while getting something done.

Generally speaking yes. This is a game where you'll be cutting down hordes of mobs with the click or two of a button, and you don't have to really pay attention to what's going on. The problem isn't the combat, but the fact that your character moves very quickly and most missions requires you to navigate through a map to your objective. You can just press the same button over and over again at the objective to defend it from mobs while looking at another screen, but to actually get to your objective you'll have to look at your game screen. Most missions require you to travel to an objective (or multiple objectives) and that's half of the time you spend in the mission. There are some missions like defense where you don't really have to travel and can just spam the spam button over and over again at the objective.

As @RadasNoir said, there is a small fraction of "challenging" content that you'll have to pay attention to you, and chances are if you're doing it, you're doing it not to mash buttons while looking at another screen but because you legitimately want a challenge.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, most of the game is like that after a certain point of progression.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So for lower levels of play is it ok to play with sound muted?
    At the very least, mute Ordis. He/it got annoying for me very quickly.

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightw...-of-saturn-six

Nightwave is live now on all platforms. Replacing alerts with a story of a mysterious woman on the radio -that thing you never used on the ship- giving out missions to build up cred to get rewards but also significant free stuff including weapon and warframe slots and whatever the hell an "umbral forma" is.

Umbra Forma (Tier 29): Applies the Umbra polarity to any Warframe or Weapon.
    Holy crap, I need this!

10+ Year Old Account
    That Umbra Forma...definition of too good to use. I wish they had this back when I was farming Nitain on my come up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Confused why that Umbra forma is so good. Couldn't you just use a normal forma or two to free up some points on some other slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Confused why that Umbra forma is so good. Couldn't you just use a normal forma or two to free up some points on some other slots?
    Cannot use a regular forma to unlock an Umbra polarity slot, and Umbra mods are incredibly resource expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    There are a few builds on which you simply can't fit all mods if you want to put Umbral mods.
    I have a Mirage build with Umbral Vitality and Intensify on which I can't apply an Exilus. All slots are polarized except the two Umbral ones.

But I liked it that way, you actually had the choice between more power or more convenience. The Umbral Forma is 200% powercreep at no cost, I hate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to get them outside of this anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Is there any way to get them outside of this anyways?
    Not yet. But you can expect to see them more often than once per "event" once The New War hits. If DE brings some kind of "endgame" content involving Sentients, you can be sure that Umbra mods will be near mandatory, so basically Paracesis/Skiajati/Excalibur Umbra will be the only viable options.