Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    And my opinion is that a healing spec would either depend way too much on alchemy to the point of being an actual alchemy spec, not a technology spec, or would break suspension of disbelief for me due to the considerable amount of all different resources it'd have to acquire outside its own skill set to power their tech.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because even if potions come from "the store"

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because even if potions come from "the store"

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And my opinion is that a healing spec would either depend way too much on alchemy to the point of being an actual alchemy spec, not a technology spec, or would break suspension of disbelief for me due to the considerable amount of all different resources it'd have to acquire outside its own skill set to power their tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you show any example of potions appearing out of nowhere after a spell being cast that specifically creates potions?

That's the whole point of a technology class.

That was never my argument. Go read it again.

Yes, you are.
    Technology can easily be accentuated with magic/alchemy and still be a tech based spec because of it's applied through technology. Not to mention every healing spec uses mana, so this would too.

It most certainly was your argument. You literally said that "classes are self-sufficient and can't use outside help"

And here we are once again thinking you're so clever because you can't come up with your own words. Keep being factually wrong and proven wrong by literally everyone else in this thread while sitting in your box.

Just gonna leave it at this because you refuse to bring anything factual to the table. Maybe someone else will try to help this hopeless person see reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I think Draenai would make pretty good light empowered tinkers, sorta like the lightforged warframe.
    At this point, I really think Blizzard is going to restrict the class to Goblins, Gnomes, and their Allied race variants brought in with expansion 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    At this point, I really think Blizzard is going to restrict the class to Goblins, Gnomes, and their Allied race variants brought in with expansion 9.0.
    That’s your hope, not belief.... there’s not any real shred of evidence. Two island expedition teams isn’t proof. The lore doesn’t support Goblin or Gnomes only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    That’s your hope, not belief.... there’s not any real shred of evidence. Two island expedition teams isn’t proof. The lore doesn’t support Goblin or Gnomes only.
    In terms of mechanical engineering, it does. The other forms of technology tends to be a bit..... different. I don't see how you can fit all of those different types of tech into a single class. The expansion classes tend to be very focused. Like Monks for example; While there's many kinds of Monks in WoW, Blizzard chose to stick to the Pandaren variety, and use the Brewmaster WC3 hero as inspiration.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-03-04 at 02:47 AM.

In terms of mechanical engineering, it does. The other forms of technology tends to be a bit..... different. I don't see how you can fit all of those different types of tech into a single class. The expansion classes tend to be very focused. Like Monks for example; While there's many kinds of Monks in WoW, Blizzard chose to stick to the Pandaren variety, and use the Brewmaster WC3 hero as inspiration.
    Try again mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Try again mate.
    Uh... okay.

The last three expansion heroes played pretty close to their WC3 counterparts (with the DH taking a bit from HotS as well). There's no reason to believe that the Tinker class wouldn't go a similar route.

Uh... okay.

The last three expansion heroes played pretty close to their WC3 counterparts (with the DH taking a bit from HotS as well). There's no reason to believe that the Tinker class wouldn't go a similar route.
    Lol, gnome death knights are totally 'pretty close' to the WC3 hero.

Dont forget all those Draenei Mistweaver Monks we saw in TFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Lol, gnome death knights are totally 'pretty close' to the WC3 hero.

Dont forget all those Draenei Mistweaver Monks we saw in TFT!
    Given the lore behind the DK and Brewmaster WC3 heroes, both of those make perfect sense.

Technology can easily be accentuated with magic/alchemy and still be a tech based spec because of it's applied through technology. Not to mention every healing spec uses mana, so this would too.
    Using mana would 100% defeat the purpose of a "tech class". If you're going to use mana, just make a spellcasting class and leave the technology to the engineering profession.

It most certainly was your argument. You literally said that "classes are self-sufficient and can't use outside help"
    How does it feel to be factually wrong? It's even more hilarious when one realizes you are well aware of the original argument yet you now pretend you aren't.

Ciao.

I think I said in the other thread I can see both sides.

Personally, yeah it'd probably be restricted to Goblins and Gnomes for ease because although we do have other tech (like the lightforged tech from the draenei) it would require a ton more assets particularly if they went the mech route since gnome/goblin mechs (normal tech) would be different than draenei mechs (lightforged color) which would be different than undead mechs (probably more alchemical looking)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I said in the other thread I can see both sides.

Personally, yeah it'd probably be restricted to Goblins and Gnomes for ease because although we do have other tech (like the lightforged tech from the draenei) it would require a ton more assets particularly if they went the mech route since gnome/goblin mechs (normal tech) would be different than draenei mechs (lightforged color) which would be different than undead mechs (probably more alchemical looking)
    Yeah, the issue is simple cohesion throughout the class. I could certainly see an "Artificer" spec that could revolve around more exotic tech, but I don't see that happening. It makes more sense just doing a mech-based class that can perform all three roles. If the class is mech based, it's going to be more than likely restrict it to smaller races.

If Blizzard is really adding 2 new Gnome and Goblin-based AR races, that makes sense.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-03-04 at 03:45 PM.

Given the lore behind the DK and Brewmaster WC3 heroes, both of those make perfect sense.
    As opposed to what, the practically non-existent Tinker Class lore?

I mean, if you base it on WC3 them it should be goblin only. You use Engy profession and suddenly it can be anyone, since all classes can be engineers specializing in goblin/gnome tech as they choose.

Lightforged draenei, blood elves, humans, orcs and dwarves all make sense.

My 2 cents: if the tinker will ever happen, most likely will be dps only and more like a cyberpunk idea than a mecha.
    Making a mech tank/dps will be the easy guess but how you can justify healing a robot? Works if you have the tinker repairing him but a self sustain class can't exist.

It's more likely to be a technology improvement class. Tanking just by shield it's a bit pushed, i can see it happening much more as dps. Melee with robotic arms and chainsaw / drill or ranged with guns and bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to what, the practically non-existent Tinker Class lore?

I mean, if you base it on WC3 them it should be goblin only. You use Engy profession and suddenly it can be anyone, since all classes can be engineers specializing in goblin/gnome tech as they choose.

Lightforged draenei, blood elves, humans, orcs and dwarves all make sense.
    Except the Engineering profession is based on the WC3 item system. The Tinker class would be based on the hero. Which is why none of the hero's abilities appear in the profession. Additionally, since the introduction of WoW it has been established that Gnomes are just as technically adept as Goblins (if not more so), and the two share (or steal) each other's technology.

Finally, if you look at the Tinker hero in both HotS and WC3, both revolve around piloting a mech into combat. Within WoW we have both Gnomes and Goblins in lore prominently piloting mechs into combat. You don't see that within any of the other races your mentioned.

Finally, if you look at the Tinker hero in both HotS and WC3, both revolve around piloting a mech into combat. Within WoW we have both Gnomes and Goblins in lore prominently piloting mechs into combat. You don't see that within any of the other races your mentioned.
    I see blood elves using arcane golems and having ties to tech with mechenar, draenei artificers and the Lightforged using lightforged mechs.

Then there's a Dwarven Tinker in Terrokar and Orcs using the Iron Horde tech. So yeah, I see that with other races.

I mean even with Engineering, you can create a mech mount and pilot it. That, to me, is establishing a precedent for any race to pilot mechs. I don't think there's mutual exclusion to Gnomes and Goblins any more than Monks being mutual exclusive to Pandaren. Opening it up to more races is a game design decision anyways, not some carry-over from Warcraft 3. I didn't see any Gnome or Tauren Monks with any other races before Pandaria either.

As i said before id like to see 4 specs on a Tinker+Alchemist class:

Tank - Timbersaw from dota and similar robot suits with buzzsaws, claws and flamethrowers from WoW (tinker ultimate form from war3)
    Melee DPS - Alchemist from war3 and dota, tosses acids and uses drugs to go berserk, various deadly transmutations
    Ranged DPS - Tinker from dota and warcraft 3, lasers, rockets, robotic summons, lightning shocks etc.
    Healer - a mix of various themes by healing/reviving through using technology like syringes, needles, robotics, shock paddles, healing sprays and concoctions etc.

With all the mechs showing up in bfa. Why is there still a resistance to tinkers?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I see blood elves using arcane golems and having ties to tech with mechenar, draenei artificers and the Lightforged using lightforged mechs.
    Using Arcane Golems isn't the same as piloting mechs.

I will agree that we do see Lightforged piloting mechs, but we have yet to see that happen on Azeroth.

Then there's a Dwarven Tinker in Terrokar and Orcs using the Iron Horde tech. So yeah, I see that with other races.
    The Iron Horde tech is built by Goblins, not Orcs. Keep in mind, the Tinker designs, builds and pilots its mech. See Blackfuse and Mekkatorque. There is a chance that Gazlowe designed and built his Mech as well.

I mean even with Engineering, you can create a mech mount and pilot it. That, to me, is establishing a precedent for any race to pilot mechs. I don't think there's mutual exclusion to Gnomes and Goblins any more than Monks being mutual exclusive to Pandaren. Opening it up to more races is a game design decision anyways, not some carry-over from Warcraft 3. I didn't see any Gnome or Tauren Monks with any other races before Pandaria either.
    Again, the Tinker designs, builds, and pilots its mech. The Sky Golem comes from a schematic, not from the Engineer's unique imagination like you see with Blackfuse and Mekkatorque. Martial Arts is a transferrable skill. Being a robotic genius ala Iron Man is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    With all the mechs showing up in bfa. Why is there still a resistance to tinkers?
    ^ Not only that those island expeditions with the goblins and gnomes using all those turrets and gadgets was damn cool.