Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Firstly, "Far left democrats and SJWs ...." right there in the title of the thread. "He is talking about the dems, not the far left"? Are you incapable of reading? And of course he is talking about dems. Show me a far left Repub.

And no, the far right is hardly "the majority" of the republicans. Once again, just because you seem to think anyone right of you is a Nazi doesn't ACTUALLY make it so.
    Far left dems don't exist, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I've been a Democrat as long as I've been voting (since voting for Kerry back in 2004), but this new wave of ultra-left leaning SJWs who are trying to make me feel ashamed for being a white male or not knowing the correct "pro-nouns" when talking to a LGBTQ is starting to wear thin on me.

I'm a Democrat, but I'm am as center leaning as possible. At this point I'd probably consider myself an Independent over a Democrat now.

I am:

Pro choice, pro guns, pro socialized healthcare, anti-wall but pro stricter immigration policies, pro-marijuana legalization, pro gay marriage/rights, pro death sentence, pro green energy, I think climate change is a serious problem that we must address, I am for small government but I am also for more corporate regulation. I want higher taxes for the rich but at the same time recognize that we WILL lose businesses here to other countries if we keep taxes high.

Most of my interest aligns with the Democrats, but this new wave of snowflakes who think I'm inherently evil because my ancestors may have owned slaves is keeping me at bay. I may vote Republican in the future if we get an actual sensible one to run.
    #walkaway hasn't worked anywhere else, what makes you think it'll work here?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that there may be a phenomenon occurring where the party leaders of both parties are so out of touch from everyday Americans that they think the majority view is what they see and hear from their own elitist, insulated circles, and from media talking heads and twitter.

The far right IS a small portion. Just like showing that Linda Sarsour is a bigot, Anti-semite and racist and being "in power" at an ancillary group and using that to say that the Dems are largely far left is a ludicrous statement.

CPAC does not represent the majority of the right. Proud Boys CERTAINLY do not represent most of the right. Just like Antifa and BLM and other similar groups are loud and outspoken and a minority within the left, so too are the Proud Boys and assholes like Sebastian Gorka a small, outspoken part of the right. Most of the right looks at people like Gorka and Richard Spencer with disgust.
    Again you are ignoring the fact that these types of people have held or currently hold positions in the white house working for and with the leader of the right.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like OP pulled a case and point with this topic.

No offense, but i generally felt if you change your political alignment due to association with people who are at worst severely irritating is a sign you never really had that political perspective on your own merits maybe. It could also mean you get blinded to the real political conversation and the topics at hand, not to say simply distracted by whatever makes the loudest noise.

I say neither to insult you, mind. Not at all. I respect your perspective and i respect that you feel that you don't need to fully follow one side since different topics can very much have you on different sides of the spectrum. But if you truly believe in these things, you should not give up on them. I am left leaning because my political perspective developed that way. I find the SJW-Stereotype at least as atrocious as the people using the term as an insult in 2019 and i want to strangle myself creatively with a tire iron when i got to hear how basic behavior patterns are blown up to get a meaning they never had to imply someone makes a statement they never even thought of... I still do care for actual, real and logical social justice though and i won't sit down and abandon a believe or perspective because some people who share some of mine are humongous bellends.

At the end of the day you have to ask whats more important to yourself. Do you care for something to change into the direction you want to see and are you willing to push that through the cloud of stupidity sometimes surrounding some of the topics or is it more important to you how valid other people think you believes are and how it reflects on yourself.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    find me the alexandria ocasio cortez quote saying white men are evil and we shouldnt use the wrong pronouns, and ill believe you.
    Why did you automatically assume I was talking about her? I think she's fine.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Far left dems don't exist, buddy.
    Yeah, ok. Congrats on proving you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

OP makes a post with claims of things he provides no evidence to support. People agree with him with anecdotal evidence. Claims he didnt vote for Hilary, whose policies are typical, not even remotely outside of the mainstream democratic party and could never be considered far left. OP is a troll.

I've been a Democrat as long as I've been voting (since voting for Kerry back in 2004), but this new wave of ultra-left leaning SJWs who are trying to make me feel ashamed for being a white male or not knowing the correct "pro-nouns" when talking to a LGBTQ is starting to wear thin on me.

I'm a Democrat, but I'm am as center leaning as possible. At this point I'd probably consider myself an Independent over a Democrat now.

I am:

Pro choice, pro guns, pro socialized healthcare, anti-wall but pro stricter immigration policies, pro-marijuana legalization, pro gay marriage/rights, pro death sentence, pro green energy, I think climate change is a serious problem that we must address, I am for small government but I am also for more corporate regulation. I want higher taxes for the rich but at the same time recognize that we WILL lose businesses here to other countries if we keep taxes high.

Most of my interest aligns with the Democrats, but this new wave of snowflakes who think I'm inherently evil because my ancestors may have owned slaves is keeping me at bay. I may vote Republican in the future if we get an actual sensible one to run.
    I mean, isn't that SJW shit only a thing on the internet and amongst activists? Never seen an actual politician complain about "white males".
    Also isn't the term "far left democrat" kinda an oxymoron?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ok. Congrats on proving you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
    Name any in the senate or house then.

Democrat and Liberal policies do not match up with that trend. In fact, the vast majority of left-leaning people do not share that ideology. You are really only speaking about a small minority. And the primary reason you regularly hear about them at all is because of a massive disinformation campaign run by certain groups who really really want you to be afraid of the left. It should also be noted that Democrats are not "left" in the vast majority of their actual policies. They only happen to absorb the left because left-leaning voters find the GOP to be absolutely abhorrent.

In other words, you're falling for the right's scare tactics by caring about this issue. It's a non-issue. I recommend not falling for their tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you automatically assume I was talking about her? I think she's fine.
    lol she is the dem the furthest to the left in the house or senate.

There's no place in the democratic party for a moderate these days it looks like. Go independent or republican.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    And Trump was not?
    He said he didn't vote for Trump either so WTF's your point?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

I am:

You've listed 10 things. 7 of them are clearly in line with mainstream Democratic party issues. You are being "pushed away" because 3 of the 10 issues don't completely align with what you want?

Seriously?

So, you are going to become "independent" which means exactly what in the US? You are going to vote for Republicans where you only agree with 3 out of your 10 issues?

Seriously?

You are upset because the RW media keeps pushing a strawman argument at you? "...new wave of snowflakes who think I'm inherently evil because my ancestors may have owned slaves..." is utter RW BS nonsense. Which "new wave of snowflakes" actually said this?

Either you are being very disingenuous here, or you really haven't thought this through and have been taken in easily disprovable and spurious arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I love the "us doesnt even have far left. Their left is actually just center right here". As if your world view is the "correct" one and we should base our political conversation around it.
    The terms "left" and "right" lost most of their meaning once they were removed from the context of the post revolutionary French parliament. We really need to stop lumping complex narratives into these words.

Today in the US, you can have people on the far left advocating nearly totalitarian control over people's life choices to enforce moral behavior, and people on the far right advocating for no control over people's life choices and supporting personal morality. And vice versa, of course.

In America, many voters are deathly afraid of conservative Christians coming to wipe out gay people, while conservative Christians are deathly afraid of their entire belief system being made illegal. Both of these viewpoints are gleefully espoused by partisans on either side; so much so that gay Republicans are looked at as some sort of self-hating pariahs, conservative African Christians in the (very liberal) United Methodists are met with thinly veiled disgust, and Gods-forbid someone be pro-gun rights and pro-choice in the same company.

Like much of the West, the US has a screwed up polity. Unfortunately, unlike most of the West, the US also has no stable monoculture or unifying cultural ideals to step back on; the culture of the US is a muddied mixture of dozens of cultural artifacts from centuries of other brought to the shores in chains or without. It's a mess and will continue to be a mess until the Ostrogoths come and sack the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Again you are ignoring the fact that these types of people have held or currently hold positions in the white house working for and with the leader of the right.
    I am not saying that Trump represents most of the right either. I can assure you there is a large part of the right that finds him distasteful. But given the choice between him and Hillary ... they chose the lesser of two horrible options, in their opinions.

But you bringing up people who are "in power" being racist, what are your thoughts on Virginia at the moment? Both the governor and the attorney general admit to blackface photos while they were old enough to know that it was a horribly racist thing to do. And the governor's excuse of, "I said I was in blackface in that picture only because I didn't realize it wasn't me because I was thinking of another time I wore blackface"?

The reality is, racists get into power all the time. Most of the time they don't make it public. Often they are shown to be horrible people and run out of office/out of a job. And it is not something subject only to the right.

Vocal racists are horrible people and I would rather they were vocal so we know who to ensure we don't give power to once we know.

I am not saying that Trump represents most of the right either. I can assure you there is a large part of the right that finds him distasteful. But given the choice between him and Hillary ... they chose the lesser of two horrible options, in their opinions.

But you bringing up people who are "in power" being racist, what are your thoughts on Virginia at the moment? Both the governor and the attorney general admit to blackface photos while they were old enough to know that it was a horribly racist thing to do. And the governor's excuse of, "I said I was in blackface in that picture only because I didn't realize it wasn't me because I was thinking of another time I wore blackface"?

The reality is, racists get into power all the time. Most of the time they don't make it public. Often they are shown to be horrible people and run out of office/out of a job. And it is not something subject only to the right.

Vocal racists are horrible people and I would rather they were vocal so we know who to ensure we don't give power to once we know.
    There has been vocal call for the people on Virginia to step down, Donald Trump enjoys 90% support with the right. Hillary is done what is their excuse for supporting him now? What's their excuse for supporting people like Steve King?

What's sad is that the US is pretty left leaning on economic issues but the idiot identity leftists ruin any chance we have for the country to go that direction on the economic side.

The dems could easily control the government if they got rid of these idiots but the media are enablers for them.