Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    There is a type of Martial arts that mimics the unpredictable movements of a drunk person. It is known as Zuì Quán, or drunken fist.

That is basically what brewmaster monks are (hence their stagger mechanic). The difference is, brewmaster monks actually get drunk instead of simply mimicking one.
    Guessing BrMs are based off of that Jackie Chan movie, Drunken Master. Movie is based on Zuì Quán and BrM is based on movie.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    With all the mechs showing up in bfa. Why is there still a resistance to tinkers?
    And piloting mechs is one of the core aspects of the Tinker hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Keep in mind, the Tinker designs, builds and pilots its mech.
    And what mutually excludes all races except Goblins and Gnomes? Technological genius isn't exclusive to Goblins and Gnomes. If it were, Lightforged mechs wouldn't exist without Gnomish or Goblin intervention.

And piloting mechs is one of the core aspects of the Tinker hero.
    It’s not even like they’d have to have the mech all the time. Have it work like DH metamorphosis, strong ability on moderate cd. Use a titanfall inspired animation for it, drop the targeting reticule on the ground and the Tinker jumps to it when the mech “lands”.

Also with the comparison of Goblin v Gnome tech I like to think of Goblins as MacGuyver where it’s cobbled together on the run and Gnomes are Q from James Bond, sleek but a little quirky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And what mutually excludes all races except Goblins and Gnomes? Technological genius isn't exclusive to Goblins and Gnomes. If it were, Lightforged mechs wouldn't exist without Gnomish or Goblin intervention.
    Yes, because we don't see non-Goblin and Gnome races piloting mechs on Azeroth, nor build mechanically advanced technology. We see them in alternate timelines and on other planets (Draenor and Argus), and other races have a sort of "magitech" sort of technology, but the technology associated with the Tinker hero is exclusive to Gnomes and Goblins.

We don't see non-Goblin and Gnome races piloting mechs on Azeroth, nor build mechanically advanced technology. We see them in alternate timelines and on other planets (Draenor and Argus), and other races have a sort of "magitech" sort of technology, but the technology associated with the Tinker hero is exclusive to Gnomes and Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't see non-Goblin and Gnome races piloting mechs on Azeroth, nor build mechanically advanced technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    It’s not even like they’d have to have the mech all the time. Have it work like DH metamorphosis, strong ability on moderate cd. Use a titanfall inspired animation for it, drop the targeting reticule on the ground and the Tinker jumps to it when the mech “lands”.

Also with the comparison of Goblin v Gnome tech I like to think of Goblins as MacGuyver where it’s cobbled together on the run and Gnomes are Q from James Bond, sleek but a little quirky.
    Yeah, I'm not sure it would work like that. In WC3 and earlier versions of HotS the Tinker could enter and leave the mech at will, exactly how Druids enter and leave their forms. This leads me to believe that Blizzard is going to make piloting the mech very similar to how Druids enter and leave animal forms.

And yeah, Goblin and Gnome tech borrows heavily from each other, which makes it further logical that that would form the basis of a class.

Yes, because we don't see non-Goblin and Gnome races piloting mechs on Azeroth, nor build mechanically advanced technology. We see them in alternate timelines and on other planets (Draenor and Argus)
    Why is Azeroth-only even a standard considering our Monks came from Pandaria, our Death Knights came from Northrend and our Demon Hunters came from Outland? I mean, if we were to base our Heroes on what we see specifically on Azeroth, then we wouldn't have Blood Elf Demon Hunters.

What excludes Lightforged mech suits from being on Azeroth? I don't fully understand the point you're making. I don't get why Tinkers (in your opinion) are gnome-goblin centric when we see other races using mech technology; as well as being Goblin and Gnome Tinkers borrowing concepts/tech from each other.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-03-04 at 08:50 PM.

Yeah, I'm not sure it would work like that. In WC3 and earlier versions of HotS the Tinker could enter and leave the mech at will, exactly how Druids enter and leave their forms. This leads me to believe that Blizzard is going to make piloting the mech very similar to how Druids enter and leave animal forms.

And yeah, Goblin and Gnome tech borrows heavily from each other, which makes it further logical that that would form the basis of a class.
    So how would drones and turrets work? Like old totems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Azeroth-only even a standard considering our Monks came from Pandaria, our Death Knights came from Northrend and our Demon Hunters came from Outland? I mean, if we were to base our Heroes on what we see specifically on Azeroth, then we wouldn't have Blood Elf Demon Hunters.
    Northrend and Pandaria are both on Azeroth. Illidan and the Night and Blood Elves he trained to be Demon Hunters are also all from Azeroth.

What excludes Lightforged mech suits from being on Azeroth? I don't fully understand the point you're making. I don't get why Tinkers (in your opinion) are gnome-goblin centric when we see other races using mech technology; as well as being Goblin and Gnome Tinkers borrowing concepts/tech from each other.
    What other Azerothian races do you see using mech technology like Gnomes and Goblins? Lightforged Draenei are from Argus, and as far as I've seen, the ones that returned to Azeroth with us didn't bring their war frames with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    So how would drones and turrets work? Like old totems?
    Probably more like Capacitator Totem where you can target the location and shoot/throw them to it. Totems (except for Capacitor Totem) dropped at your location only

What other Azerothian races do you see using mech technology like Gnomes and Goblins? Lightforged Draenei are from Argus, and as far as I've seen, the ones that returned to Azeroth with us didn't bring their war frames with them.
    But isn't it within reason that they would bring them if they had a Tinker class available? I mean you're pretty much discounting them being able to bring them to Azeroth on the basis of them not having a Tech class to utilize it. There's no indication that they can't bring them, just that they didn't.

I mean, it's like saying Gnome and Goblin players shouldn't use Mechs for combat because only NPCs use Mechs for combat. There's nothing exclusive here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-03-04 at 09:23 PM.

Northrend and Pandaria are both on Azeroth. Illidan and the Night and Blood Elves he trained to be Demon Hunters are also all from Azeroth.

There are warframes in Drust’var along with a bunch of shield generators. Undead have Tesla coils and things. Not too much straight tech but a lot of bio-tech. They could presumably have “flesh mechs” Thaddeus with a command module instead of a head.

10+ Year Old Account
    But isn't it within reason that they would bring them if they had a Tinker class available? I mean you're pretty much discounting them being able to bring them to Azeroth on the basis of them not having a Tech class to utilize it. There's no indication that they can't bring them, just that they didn't.
    Well actually Wanax has shown that they were brought to Azeroth, so that's an interesting development, and definitely increases the possibility that Lightforged Draenei might be able to become Tinkers as well (I suppose in the case of Draenei they would be called Artificers). Perhaps utilizing some form of light-based technology?

The only issue with that is what about Baseline Draenei? If LF Draenei can be Tinkers, regular Draenei should be able to become Tinkers as well. Also that would give the Alliance 3 possible Tinker races, with the Horde only having one. Of course, that isn't much of a problem because Shaman and Paladin classes experienced similar class imbalances.

Well actually Wanax has shown that they were brought to Azeroth, so that's an interesting development, and definitely increases the possibility that Lightforged Draenei might be able to become Tinkers as well (I suppose in the case of Draenei they would be called Artificers). Perhaps utilizing some form of light-based technology?

The only issue with that is what about Baseline Draenei? If LF Draenei can be Tinkers, regular Draenei should be able to become Tinkers as well. Also that would give the Alliance 3 possible Tinker races, with the Horde only having one. Of course, that isn't much of a problem because Shaman and Paladin classes experienced similar class imbalances.
    Like others have said, every race has their own take on technology. There's precedent for any number of them adapting mechs from Gnomes or Goblins, or just doing their own thing.

Humans made Harvest Golems, so you could have this Westfall-based Harvest Golem mecha skin for them. Forsakens could have tesla coil-powered mech. Mag'har could adapt the Iron Horde tech. Even Dark Irons had Golem Lord Argelmach whose Golem workshop was very tech-based and he dropped engineering patterns.

I think they can all be adapted to mechs, considering the Engineering Mech mount is already referred to as a golem

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, every race has their own take on technology. There's precedent for any number of them adapting mechs from Gnomes or Goblins, or just doing their own thing.

Humans made Harvest Golems, so you could have this Westfall-based Harvest Golem mecha skin for them. Forsakens could have tesla coil-powered mech. Mag'har could adapt the Iron Horde tech. Even Dark Irons had Golem Lord Argelmach whose Golem workshop was very tech-based and he dropped engineering patterns.

I think they can all be adapted to mechs, considering the Engineering Mech mount is already referred to as a golem
    The Engineering mech and the other mech mounts aren't canon though. Those items operate outside of lore, and aren't considered part of the actual game world. Also you don't see Humans riding around in Harvest Golems, and you don't see Forsaken utilizing the necessary tech to make mechs at all. You have to look at the races that simply use mechs within the context of lore and canon, and that's currently Gnomes, Goblins, and LF Draenei.

Remnants of the Iron Horde gives the potential for Mag'har and baseline Orcs to pilot mechs built by Goblins though (an Orc piloted the Iron Reaver in HFC, and Orc engineers assisted Blackfuse). That would provide a nice counterbalance to Draenei tech, and that's something I'd like to see.

I don't see this spreading far and wide race wise, because Blizzard would have to design a specific mech, turret, and robots for each Tinker race.