Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc

GTAV was doing this same thing as well in 2015

All of them have the same fix.
    Spider-man had the issue too.

Quiet guys it doesn't fit his narrative of blind hatred. He cant let things like facts get in the way.

Off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts "story so far" thing they released before KH3 came out. (couple months ago)

Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

And how many were confirmed to be of the fault of the PS4 and not the dev?

If a game is bricking a system it's very unlikely the system is the culprit.

Off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts Collection(1.5/2.5 remix) Which was last year iirc (The ps3 versions work perfectly fine)

First off when did any of the Kingdom Hearts games brick PS4's? I would need to see a source on this cause I have never heard of such cases (and I own all of them).

Second if a game is bricking a system its the fault of the developer not the platform holder (In this case Sony).

Performance always falls at the developers feet. Only time a system bricking is on the creator of the system is when it apply's a system update that does it.

For example Microsoft recently did a update and was causing XB1's to black screen. That is the fault of MS not EA or anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Thanks for the review of a game you never played.
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    I understand the thought process, but why bother? To get enough of the game to know whether you would truly like it or not you'd have go so in depth into it it would no longer be worth playing. If I went just by reviews on things I'd miss out on many of my favorite things.

Several things:
    1) No one in this world is a reviewer of things without having/experiencing the product being reviewed
    2) Impossible to judge:
    -Gameplay
    -Story
    -Mechanics
    -How it feels to play
    -Every single game intricacy and details
    3) Never trust the social media. I may be a conspiracy theorist...but if there is something my brains judgement has learned...is to never trust media.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I understand the thought process, but why bother? To get enough of the game to know whether you would truly like it or not you'd have go so in depth into it it would no longer be worth playing. If I went just by reviews on things I'd miss out on many of my favorite things.
    The thing is you don't.

Anthem: Lacks endgame and a meaningful story and it comes from a developer know for story's. It takes nothing to figure that out and is honestly a quick google search.

The Division 2: It plays 90% the same as the first game, If you didn't like the first you won't like the second and that's just based on the open/closed beta's it has had.

You don't need to dive deep or spend hours watching a game to get a idea of it. You just need 20min's and know the history of the developer/publisher behind it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6465327/

Uh-oh, hope youtubhaters don't see this or the bile will make them explode
    Gratz, a game is top 1 on sale charts when its the only game released in those weeks, huge

Several things:
    1) No one in this world is a reviewer of things without having/experiencing the product being reviewed
    2) Impossible to judge:
    -Gameplay
    -Story
    -Mechanics
    -How it feels to play
    -Every single game intricacy and details
    3) Never trust the social media. I may be a conspiracy theorist...but if there is something my brains judgement has learned...is to never trust media.
    1) For paided reviewer's yes. Customers don't need to do the same leg work because of paid'ed reviewers,Streamers and so on.

2) Not Impossible to judge at all. There is this thing called the internet you should try it sometime. Just watching a stream of a game for a hour can cover all the things you listed.

3) Its fine to not trust media but do you trust your own eyes? Watching many people play the same quest and it having the same lackluster outcome will be the same when you do it as well.

It takes nothing to learn about a game and its pro's/cons. Feel free to form your own opinion on a game but there is things that is fact and others that is opinion.

Anthem lacking endgame content, Lacking a meaningful story, Having performance issues and a shitty UI isn't isn't a opinion.

There's so many different types of gamers these days. A review from a 12-hour-per-day grinder, will be much different than a review from a casual few-hours-per-week gamer.

I also can't trust streamer/youtuber thoughts. They only care about generating views.

Anthem lacking endgame content, Lacking a meaningful story, Having performance issues and a shitty UI isn't isn't a opinion.
    Just tell me one thing.
    How can you objectively say the game doesnt have a meaningful story...if you never experienced it?
    I played the game for 15 hours and even i dont know if the game has a meaningful story or not.

I give you the omegalol lack of variety in endgame content. Because its true OBJECTIVELY.
    The bugs are also a thing it seems.
    The rest of the things are just opinion.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-04 at 09:18 PM.

Anthem: Lacks endgame and a meaningful story and it comes from a developer know for story's. It takes nothing to figure that out and is honestly a quick google search.
    Except I like the story of Anthem and am enjoying the end game. does it have problems? yes, but if I went by reviews I wouldn't have a game right now that I'm thoroughly enjoying, hence why I stopped bothering with them a long time ago.

The very ironic part about all of this is that this conversation has been done before.

It was done with.....

Destiny
    Destiny 2
    The Division.

And really any other GAAS. The AAA games industry and a huge amount of the consumers have a very bad case of not learning from history so they are repeating it.

Same conversation just a few different people and over the same issues. Its almost like a lot don't pay attention and always want to blame it on something else.

Excuses that get used....

1. Can't trust media (Twitch,Youtube ect).
    2. But they made a good game before ( Mass Effect,Halo as examples).
    3. It is the publishers fault (In Destiny's case Activision) even tho time and time again its actually shown its ether fully the developers fault or its 50/50 (in the case of anthem its 50/50)

History just fucken repeating itself and people just keep eating it up.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you objectively say the game doesnt have a meaningful story...if you never experienced it?
    Cause you don't need to play the game to experience the story. No game requires this because it is a "VIDEO" game.

You don't need to experience Kingdom Hearts story via playing the game. The same apply's to every other game out there as well. Just because you "Don't Trust Media" doesn't mean you can't learn about something before buying it.

Funny enough you have actually proved my point.

I played the game for 15 hours and even i dont know if the game has a meaningful story or not.
    This line right here outright proves my point.

You have played the game for 15 hours and don't know if it has a meaningful story. Then that means it doesn't because NO GAME takes 15 hours to show a meaningful story or even a average one.

Man.... this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME!!! that I go into Freeplay a Legendary drops, I go out of Freeplay, game crashes and Legendary is GONE!!!!

After this months Origin sub is up I think I am done. I tried I really did but what is the point of playing the game if it is only gonna take away what you earn?

Edit: BUT, I got to keep all the other purples. blues and greens and greys I got.... just hte Legendary was removed

@Jtbrig7390

Are you trying to make me believe you went online and watched all ingame scenes PLUS all cutscenes of this game?
    Tell me then, what happens in the story when we go get the legendary Javelin.

@Jtbrig7390

Are you trying to make me believe you went online and watched all ingame scenes PLUS all cutscenes of this game?
    Tell me then, what happens in the story when we go get the legendary Javelin.
    Do you also think Transformer's also has a meaningful story?

Just because something has a story it doesn't make it meaningful. There is a massive difference in the two.

As for your question you can pull up a rundown of the story or even if you wish a full video showing all the cutscenes that only takes about 2hrs.

Once again welcome to 2019 not hard to learn about shit.

Before you reply with "Run down's don't cover everything" do you feel the same way about books? Because you can get a meaningful story from a book just as much (If not more) then you can from a game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-04 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    This part is unacceptable from any game, there's reports of it bricking ps4s. It crashes them completely out, and some people aren't able to get them restarted. This MUST be fixed.
    Yea I agree 100% with this. I haven't had anything major happen on PC outside of the audio bug...But if it's bricking consoles then that's completely unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I disagree with the giant pile-on calling console bricked, the pile-on where people are claiming that Sony is offering "no questions asked" refunds.
    It's a Serious issue for Console Players it gives you a bad Shutdown and You need to repair your HD every time you turn it back on.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm skeptical of the reports of bricking, but the reports of hard-crashes on both consoles are pretty solid. That's damn unacceptable, and I've even heard of issues on PC (apparently some streamer group had a few PC's break after playing the game? One corrupted the HD and another broke a GPU or something?) but I'm not sure about that.

At least it doesn't sound super widesperad, but it sure doesn't do anything to improve my already rather dismal view of the capabilities of BW's engineers. Guess the crashes never came up in cert, or Microsoft/Sony didn't care and certified it anyways because they didn't want to miss out on initial sales revenue.

No, it's an issue with Anthem. Other games don't crash PS4's, there's something in Anthem that is causing this.
    This makes me not want to even load it up on my PC until the issue is fixed....If they aren't paying people back for the damage(assuming the people saying it happened aren't lying) then it's quite simply not worth even loading the game until BW says the problem causing this is fixed completely.

Do you also think Transformer's also has a meaningful story?

Just because something has a story it doesn't make it meaningful. There is a massive difference in the two.

As for your question you can pull up a rundown of the story or even if you wish a full video showing all the cutscenes that only takes about 2hrs.

Once again welcome to 2019 not hard to learn about shit.

Before you reply with "Run down's don't cover everything" do you feel the same way about books? Because you can get a meaningful story from a book just as much (If not more) then you can from a game.
    What do you mean by meaningful? A personal opinion on how a story should be?
    Like all marvel movies dont having a meaningful story?
    But Kingdom Hearts has one?

The part of the story i asked you about was a major plot twist that i was not expecting.
    All plot twists im not expecting are refreshing on my book.
    I dont know what you mean by meaningful.

Pretty sure you can find about it if you search "plot twist anthem"
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-04 at 09:47 PM.