Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What do you mean by meaningful? A personal opinion on how a story should be?
    Like all marvel movies dont having a meaningful story?
    But Kingdom Hearts has one?
    I'm going to sit here and explain to you the difference in a story and a meaningful one...

If you don't understand the difference I advise you to go learn it, I'm not here to teach it to you. Just because something has a story that doesn't mean its meaningful or good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

P0rns don't have a meaningful story too but many ppl still like them
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm going to sit here and explain to you the difference in a story and a meaningful one...

If you don't understand the difference I advise you to go learn it, I'm not here to teach it to you. Just because something has a story that doesn't mean its meaningful or good.
    Kingdom Hearts has a meaningful story objectively.
    Anthem doesnt have a meaningful story objectively.

I learn new things everyday

Funny part is you dont even know a simple plot twist of the story and yet you claim to know the game doesnt have a "meaningful" story.

( i dont hate you JTbrig, you offered to help me on a situation a long time ago on another thread....but man....we always end up arguing)

7+ Year Old Account
    Man the story of this game is so lame. Are we sure Bioware made this?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Kingdom Hearts has a meaningful story objectively.
    Anthem doesnt have a meaningful story objectively.

I learn new things everyday

Funny part is you dont even know a simple plot twist of the story and yet you claim to know the game doesnt have a "meaningful" story.

( i dont hate you JTbrig, you offered to help me on a situation a long time ago on another thread....but man....we always end up arguing)
    First off I never said Kingdom Hearts had a meaningful story (I was just using it was a example, Honestly the story is a cluster fuck) and a simple plot twist doesn't mean it was a meaningful story.

If plot twists was all a story needed to be meaningful then M Night Shyamalan has made the best movies ever..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The story and writing is really bad by their standards.. I was going to chock it up to the genre but Andromeda was also not good (better than Anthem) to me so who knows
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    The story and writing is really bad by their standards.. I was going to chock it up to the genre but Andromeda was also not good (better than Anthem) to me so who knows
    Says a lot when people are saying Andromeda has better aspects than Anthem.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    That's been my overall biggest gripe after finishing the main campaign...How lackluster it felt...I enjoyed the gameplay enough so hopefully they fix these issues soon that's crashing hardware so i can feel confident to load it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The very ironic part about all of this is that this conversation has been done before.

It was done with.....

Destiny
    Destiny 2
    The Division.

And really any other GAAS. The AAA games industry and a huge amount of the consumers have a very bad case of not learning from history so they are repeating it.

Same conversation just a few different people and over the same issues. Its almost like a lot don't pay attention and always want to blame it on something else.

Excuses that get used....

1. Can't trust media (Twitch,Youtube ect).
    2. But they made a good game before ( Mass Effect,Halo as examples).
    3. It is the publishers fault (In Destiny's case Activision) even tho time and time again its actually shown its ether fully the developers fault or its 50/50 (in the case of anthem its 50/50)

History just fucken repeating itself and people just keep eating it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause you don't need to play the game to experience the story. No game requires this because it is a "VIDEO" game.

You don't need to experience Kingdom Hearts story via playing the game. The same apply's to every other game out there as well. Just because you "Don't Trust Media" doesn't mean you can't learn about something before buying it.

Funny enough you have actually proved my point.

This line right here outright proves my point.

You have played the game for 15 hours and don't know if it has a meaningful story. Then that means it doesn't because NO GAME takes 15 hours to show a meaningful story or even a average one.
    This "GAAS" thing is just bullshit.

It just means developers can put out a mediocre game, get the money from sales and then improve it a year later. It's a scummy system.

And Bioware are not the only ones guilty of it. Ubisoft, Bungie and others do it too. It's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That's been my overall biggest gripe after finishing the main campaign...How lackluster it felt...I enjoyed the gameplay enough so hopefully they fix these issues soon that's crashing hardware so i can feel confident to load it up again.
    i mean they left it open so that they can continue the story(as per usual with on going stories)
    i got pretty excited with the final reveal.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i mean they left it open so that they can continue the story(as per usual with on going stories)
    i got pretty excited with the final reveal.
    Well there's no pvp, so they will have to add story content which is part of these acts they're releasing throughout the year iirc. So yes it was nice to leave it open but leading up to the end it was pretty bad and boring. Most of the characters I didn't give a shit about either. Haluk did become one of my favorites though by the end, but most character development was cringe worthy too.

Story of a man who might be enjoying Anthem...video made today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This "GAAS" thing is just bullshit.

It just means developers can put out a mediocre game, get the money from sales and then improve it a year later. It's a scummy system.

And Bioware are not the only ones guilty of it. Ubisoft, Bungie and others do it too. It's crap.
    I mean, sorta kinda? It's little different than what's happened with MMO's for years and years. It's been the exception rather than the rule that a MMO launches without significant issues ranging from a lack of content to major bugs/performance issues to all kinds of bad design. SWTOR launched and faceplanted after strong initial sales due to this, FFXIV was so bad the remade the whole game, ESO took a year after launch to be whipped into shape, WS took the better part of a few years to get into a solid state (at which point it was so low on players/revenue that it didn't matter), Warframe was a convoluted mess that took years to make "good" etc. etc. etc.

We're just seeing these problems in these new psuedo-MMO's, and given their smaller scale compared to full fledged MMO these issues are all the more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Because EA" my fucking ass, Apex Legends is from EA and is getting praised to hell and beyond.

Plus, the "hate train" was also strong on Fallout 76 and EA had nothing to do with it.

... and may I remind you how the last blizzcon ended?

Stop releasing 60$ "live services" riddled with issues and people will stop "hating", it's pretty much just that.
    Correlation doesn't equal causation. Just because other titles also got hate doesn't mean what I said was untrue.

What happened with Anthem was that it didn't launch in a perfect state, and snowballed from there. As I said, Anthem has problems. But people blew those problems out of proportion to EPIC degrees. I mean, come on! Comparing Anthem to Fallout 76? Are you kidding me?

And then added to that, people someone always miss, forget, or ignore the fact that Bioware is fixing problems at an incredible pace. Often so fast that by the time a video was released criticizing something, it had already been fixed!

But it's just easlier to focus on the negative. That's human nature, I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So this game can actually hurt your hardware now also?

Does that mean its over taken Fallout 76 for shitshow of the year?

I mean fallout had the whole fraud thing with the canvas bag but actually damaging consoles might take the cake for me.

No matter what side of the fence you fall on there is no excuse for that.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

I mean fallout had the whole fraud thing with the canvas bag but actually damaging consoles might take the cake for me.

Pretty much. And there are people on Reddit defending it or trying to blame the user.

That's just flat out pathetic.

All of the problems are mountains being made out of molehills.. these are inconsequential and minor.

Day 1 patch fixed all the problems!

/s
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2019-03-04 at 10:32 PM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

No... It can't. Certain PS4 games can cause the PS4 to shutdown unexpectedly, which can require the PS4's database to get rebuilt in order to work again. Anthem is currently one of these games. This needs to be fixed.

Other games have also had this issue. This includes:
    Spider-Man
    GTAV
    Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2 & 2 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    All of the problems are mountains being made out of molehills.. these are inconsequential and minor
    Nani what?!

Crashing/bricking your console is a minor problem? Yeah it's totally a minor thing when a £60 game bricks my console.

Launching with a mediocre amount of content and a garbage tier story is minor?

Launching not ready with numerous bugs and missing content (let's face it Aprils stuff is what they wanted at launch) is minor?

/shrug ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Launching with a mediocre amount of content and a garbage tier story is minor?
    Ah, yes. Once again we are pushing the subjective thoughts into the objevtiviy sphere.

The story is fine. My initial thoughts on it were that the story didn't feel "complete" as in there was more to come in the future, which is not an alien idea considering Anthem is a GAAS type of game.