Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    YOU don't need them - YOU don't use them. And let other people play how they played for years. It is that simple.

"Stop having fun your way. We'll force you to have it right way - ours" is disgusting and shitarded.
    I like to play with hacked items, exploits, cheat codes, immortality. YOU don't have to use them, YOU don't need them. Let others play how they want and stop forcing me to play your way. . I don't know how so many people can't understand how things in the game affect your, and everybody else's, play experience whether you use them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I like to play with hacked items, exploits, cheat codes, immortality. YOU don't have to use them, YOU don't need them. Let others play how they want and stop forcing me to play your way. . I don't know how so many people can't understand how things in the game affect your, and everybody else's, play experience whether you use them or not.
    I'll write it in caps for you, because it seems you have difficulty reading it otherwise: "HOW PEOPLE PLAYED FOR YEARS" - i.e. what we had in official game if it is still too hard for you to understand. Please put your strawman back on plain.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post

Is it me or does this one look like a transvestite.
    Excuse me, its Ma'am!

But to answer your question, no. I think it looks sufficiently female with the soft facial features.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Blizzard eats a bunch of feedback and then play it off as if the resounding negativity towards a decision just isn't enough. To say you need to ask questions to understand the fundamental impact of taking away portals is absolutely asinine because it's as simple as saying it'll be less efficient than it is now simply by virtue of removing them. You can't gain something from nothing so why do they feel as though you can gain something from a loss?

The way they micro manage the game is truly bizarre especially from an aspect which isn't even problematic from days long past.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I'll write it in caps for you, because it seems you have difficulty reading it otherwise: "HOW PEOPLE PLAYED FOR YEARS" - i.e. what we had in official game if it is still too hard for you to understand. Please put your strawman back on plain.
    I was giving an exaggerated example to prove a point. It also applies to taking away abilities(gust of wind, lightning bolt while moving) removing ways to make gold (legion tables, old raids being nerfed), etc. You say "just don't use Gust of Wind if you don't like it, don't ruin how I like to play". Other more reasonable people understand that things existing effect players whether they want use them or not and it's not always an "option". You seem more worried about being right though to even attempt to understand Blizzard's logic. Carry on and keep trolling.

Perfect, now I can spend even more time travelling across half a fucking continent on 8 different characters to do my legacy mount runs. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Having to manually travel does make the world feel bigger.
    If Blizzard really wanted to make the world bigger they'd take away the ships that are more or less portals. Then add in oceans and islands and such so you have to sail between continents. Zones need to be twice the size they are now or three.

This removing of portals isn't about making the world bigger. Smoke and mirrors time gating is what it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    But now you can reflect on past adventures and glory in those old zones while you fly over! Aren't you excited!?
    Ahh yes! And the world will feel so alive as well. Maybe once in a while I might be lucky to catch a glimpse of another player flying over the same old mountain path for the 250th time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I don't mind the portal changes... except the CoT removal. That's going to make mount runs very time consuming
    I mean, to be fair, both factions can port to Uldum with the Cata portals still. Sure, that's a zone and a half travel more than we had to before (and annoying), but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You mean they're control freaks over their own game which they're allowed to have control over? yeah, ok.
    Appeal to authority

The game wouldn't exist without players.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If Blizzard really wanted to make the world bigger they'd take away the ships that are more or less portals. Then add in oceans and islands and such so you have to sail between continents. Zones need to be twice the size they are now or three.

This removing of portals isn't about making the world bigger. Smoke and mirrors time gating is what it really is.
    Do you even know what "time gating" is or do you just like repeating that buzz word you see here on mmo-c? Adding or removing portals is NOT time gating. If there was a portal to a place that is only accessible by that portal, and said portal is not operational for another week or longer, THAT would be time gating.

You people and your blind hatred for a game and its developer is mind boggling. You make yourself look extremely ignorant with nonsense jabs like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post

Is it me or does this one look like a transvestite.
    Its you.

10chairs
    READ and be less Ignorant.

i feel they should have atleast keep the cot and karazan portal. if your an engeneer tanaris is a quick jump away for the rest of the world its either drenai city or ogrimar wich is quite a fly away.

as for karazan... well if ur aliance its a quick 5 min fly offf wich aint that bad but if your horde well you have 2 choice. if your 120+ and the arathi warfront is horde controlled your close if not its undercity

im aliance and engeneer so im happy camper

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hate portals then remove Mage portals. Otherwise the only thing removing portals does is waste server and cache data as people spend extra steps entering/loading multiple zones instead of A-to-B. They want players to go through the whole fucking alphabet to make the world feel larger? Naw, their stockholders care about player retention so when they see players spending less time actually playing, regardless of what that playtime actually involves, they get frowny faces.

Portals should be something that you unlock while questing (which many were/are). If they're worried about people using portals to skip areas they don't like, don't allow people to access portals until they unlock them.

This is just Blizzard trying to artificially/arbitrarily extend their game for people leveling alts. New players won't notice any different. Its the people leveling alts that are being inconvenienced.

Remember they did similar shit when they released Allied races the first time. A bunch of arbitrary shit, mainly via leveling experience reworks, to extend the time it took to level new allied races.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Blizzard taking away something that did not need to be taken.

Fuck them, this is a completely asinine decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting Blizz is trying to add value back into the world via forcing players to travel through it, while they've been doubling down on phasing and sharding which undeniably removes value from the world.

Because of sharding/phasing, people no longer give a crap about world pvp confrontation that is happening on the fly because they can just shard/phase away from it.

People no longer go out and hunt for/give a crap about old-style rarespawns because if you play the sharding/phasing game correctly, you can just hop into a shard that has the rarespawn you're after.

People no longer value interacting with players out in the world because it is EXTREMELY unlikely you'll ever see the same player ever again because they'll be shuffled off into the abyss of shards never to return.

Warmode also filters the world through shards at the press of a button.

And we're to believe removing all these portals is going to get people into the world and make the world feel more alive and immersive? At least limiting flying was somewhat believable from an aesthetic and "interacting" point of view, but it too is just a bandaid fix for a much larger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Two crowds.
    I cannot help but view the first as children who cannot see the whole picture of the game (or any game, really). If you take back anything from them, even if it globally makes the game better, they are completely unable to understand it. They would add a teleport anywhere command if they could, because it would be more convenient. No reasoning about game rules and design is possible with that crowd.

Now repeating like a parrot that the world is better without portal is not enough either. It's important to understand why. And it has to do with the randomness of what happens in an open world. What you'll find, what you'll fight. To make the world truly more alive, removing portals might only be the first step. The map itself needs to hold interesting content.
    What makes the game better for you =/= what makes the game better for others.

Please enlighten me how the game will be better for me as an Alliance player when I have to take the long as flight path from Ironforge to Western Plaguelands on 12 characters or so every day for a couple of weeks during the Winter Veil holiday in hopes of getting that toy with 1% drop chance.

What exciting thing will I find on that flight path? Who will I fight on that flight path?
    I would really like to know, because the only thing I know I'll get(or lose rather) is about a total of 1 hour in travel time on all characters combined.
    I'd much rather play the game than sit through the same damn flight path I've taken so many times since I started playing the game 14 YEARS AGO!

Even if they would remove flight paths and even player flying so I would have to go there on a ground mount, or even run, all I will find are other max level Alliance players like myself and the odd leveler(most likely also Alliance).
    We wouldn't speak to each other nor gather around a campfire and sing Kumbaya. We would all just be annoyed we have to spend so much time traveling all the way up there for a toy with a shitty drop rate that we still want because we like collecting things - or just enjoy the Winter Veil event that happens once a year.
    That and the fact that the Horde capitals and portals are so much more convenient placed than the Alliance ones so they wouldn't have to put up with the same thing but still have the audacity to demand we have to do that because they don't want to take a portal somewhere - a portal that is optional to take.

When I want to run out and explore the old uninstanced world(which I do now and then), then I do that - but I don't want to do that when I'm about to do my weekly dungeon/raid runs on all my characters to collect transmog gear, legendaries I never got the chance to get when they were current content or that mount that never drops so I have to run the same raid one million times.
    If you want to use your mount or run by foot to get anywhere, why don't you do that? Why do you have to drag me into it? Why can't you enjoy your part of the game and I enjoy mine?

If you want the old world to be more alive, you start by adding things to do in it before you remove the portals - not the other way around.
    Another idea is to not place all the damn holiday events in northern Eastern Kingdoms so Alliance have to spend more time travelling than doing the actual event while Horde players can just take a step outside their city gates.

You're the child here expecting everyone to play the game in the way you want it to be played.
    You're the child here not being able to resist taking that instant portal even though you have the choice not to take it.

It's never a good sign when people are asking your rep if they're being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't get the questions about Portals or rather the arguments they put out why it is bad.

First of all, no portal to Ironforge/Thunder Bluff. Of course there doesn't need to be one. Both of those locations has a quick taxi to get to. Orgrimmar<->Thunder Bluff has the airships. Stormwind<->Ironforge has the Deeprun Tram. Why do people need a portal when there is already a travel path there, it is also close enough to use a regular flying taxi or even flying mount.

Secondly, Caverns of Time. There has never been a portal there from the main hub. The way to get there has always been through Northrend Dalaran or Shattrath City (if you wanted the portal route), or you can just take the portal to Uldum and fly. There is no need for a direct route from Orgrimmar/Stormwind's new portal room, because there is no quests that need to be done at Caverns of Time while you are playing around in the major city. That's like asking for a Level 100 portal to a Level 10 zone, portals should only be for locations that are relevant for your level, which is why the portals for Caverns of Time exist in the older main hubs when it was relevant.

Thirdly, Karazhan/Dark Portal/Hellfire Peninsula. That people mention Karazhan seems to just be because of mount farming. It is a dungeon like most others, why does it need a special portal? I know it had one in Legion, but that was most likely because it was in another continent from the rest of the expansion zones. Not to mention the portal from Atiesh. As for Dark Portal and Hellfire Peninsula, if the portal in Orgrimmar/Stormwind for those zones are removed, then it might be annoying, unless they are available from the quest that tells you to go there. Though if they are available from an NPC then I see no issue, it doesn't really need to be an actual portal you click, if it still is accessible from an NPC.

Lastly, Pandaria. My only question here is, why do you need to go to the main hub in Pandaria? Most of the content in Pandaria is out on the continent and not in the main hub.
    Your entire post can be summarized in "I only do max level content and have no idea what other players are doing when they play and I also don't care I just want everyone to play the game the way I play it - screw them".

Many, MANY people run old raids and dungeons on many characters every week. Week after week. That adds up a lot of travel time if they remove portals that have been there for many years without any issues until suddenly because reasons.
    The Pandaria main hub is in the middle of the Pandaria map, so it's the most convenient place if you want to travel in any direction to do x. How that logic is eluding you is beyond me.

My only question here is, what harm does it do if there are a couple of convenient portals to main cities/hubs or places with a lot of dungeons/raids that people are farming?
    I lied; another question: if you want to crawl from Ironforge to Hillsbrad Foothills while I take the portal from Legion Dalaran to Dalaran Crater, why don't you just do that - why do I have to crawl just like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Two crowds.
    I cannot help but view the first as children who cannot see the whole picture of the game (or any game, really). If you take back anything from them, even if it globally makes the game better, they are completely unable to understand it. They would add a teleport anywhere command if they could, because it would be more convenient. No reasoning about game rules and design is possible with that crowd.

Now repeating like a parrot that the world is better without portal is not enough either. It's important to understand why. And it has to do with the randomness of what happens in an open world. What you'll find, what you'll fight. To make the world truly more alive, removing portals might only be the first step. The map itself needs to hold interesting content.
    You can't really classify everyone who doesn't give a crap about content from 14 years ago as children. It makes you sound childish. Better is subjective and you're completely unable to understand that. There is nothing engaging about spending 5 extra minutes on a flight point to get to Thunder Bluff.