Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ah, time for fresh meat!

so... any of you getting payed anything for cleaning up all the trash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Please stop hiring condescending mods that ban people for swearing but never give warnings to passive aggressive trolls who hide behind soft language, but are really more toxic and flaming than someone who says "fag".
    Seconded. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm the mod these forum deserve.
    You aren't doing a very good job being a silent defender though.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You aren't doing a very good job being a silent defender though.
    Why you comment this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Pick Me Pick Me!

I promise to be drunk and vindictive and to totally abuse my power to fuel my ego.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    so... any of you getting payed anything for cleaning up all the trash?
    Nope its all volunteer work, I used to want to do it, decided against it now that i have a job.
    how can people do dis.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

...not active enough apparently.

Probably for the better. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...not active enough apparently.

Probably for the better. :^)
    I bet a dime i spend more hours in MMO-C than any other moderator.
    If im wrong....i feel sorry for the ones who do. My situation is already sad

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    What's up with people suddenly necroing old threads with aggressive replies like this? Hacked accounts? The reply you answered was from 2017-02-27.
    What?

• He quoted me. I replied an hour ago
    • Check the front page and you'll understand why the thread got bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hey maybe i should apply ;p
    Good God no.....

10+ Year Old Account
    What benefits do you get from becoming a moderator, except having to spend hours of your free time to deal with different forum issues, handle numerous complaints and accusations?

Being a community forum mod is a highly irritating and unrewarding position, IMO. Therefore, unless mods get paid with real money or at least WoW gold, I don't see any valid reasons why someone would want to literally put an iron collar on his own throat for nothing. Except for those who enjoy having some arguable "power" over other people.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-03-05 at 10:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damm would have loved to appply, but just haven't been enough active in a while
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wonder if the amount of infractions also counts :P

But yeah, I guess if you keep ignoring people instead of taking it up with them, that makes you prone to bias in punishment. I probably would have to be unemployed or something to consider applying and even then, I am on a different time zone than this site.

Plus: The complaints and criticism (some) mods are constantly getting is just not worth high blood pressure
    Sometimes someone has to take the brunt of the work to not see it flooded.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wouldn't mind being a janitor type of mod to clear up those frequent spam bot threads you often see left lingering awhile.

Does it matter that i"d used a light ban-saber and not a banhammer.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    What benefits do you get from becoming a moderator, except having to spend hours of your free time to deal with different forum issues, handle numerous complaints and accusations?

Being a community forum mod is a highly irritating and unrewarding position, IMO. Therefore, unless mods get paid with real money or at least WoW gold, I don't see any valid reasons why someone would want to literally put an iron collar on his own throat for nothing. Except for those who enjoy having some arguable "power" over other people.
    It's volunteer work 100%. No pay, no perks. I don't get free gold from the game, free subscriptions or anything of the sort. Since the mods work as a collective the perceived power of any single moderator is limited by the moderation group as we all review infractions. We're all human and make mistakes. Other moderators can point that out and we discuss more often than people sometimes imagine.

Sometimes moderation is very irritating. True enough. The reward is in the volunteering. Some people get that, others don't.

We're always looking for good people to help out which is why this thread remains open over the years. It's not really a necro is the thread content remains relevant. My two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the amount of infractions also counts :P
    It's a consideration.

But yeah, I guess if you keep ignoring people instead of taking it up with them, that makes you prone to bias in punishment. I probably would have to be unemployed or something to consider applying and even then, I am on a different time zone than this site.
    We're a world-wide site. Different time zones are actually a benefit as coverage is sometimes thin in the overnight hours on U.S. time.

Plus: The complaints and criticism (some) mods are constantly getting is just not worth high blood pressure
    Fair point.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Question to the mods - are you planning on having WoW Classic Class forums? Because I have a ton of experience and would be interested in modding one of those.

Being a Gen-OT mod just seems like asking to be Bruce Willis as the start of Die Hard 3.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Since the mods work as a collective the perceived power of any single moderator is limited by the moderation group as we all review infractions. We're all human and make mistakes. Other moderators can point that out and we discuss more often than people sometimes imagine.
    Start discussing some more then, because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST this place has taken a shit, and from your post you're all directly responsible for the main culprit.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Start discussing some more then, because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST this place has taken a shit, and from your post you're all directly responsible for the main culprit.
    OK. Don't turn this into a discussion of moderation. My bad for bringing it up. Only trying to give a sense to those who think this is something other than what it is. Let's move on and see if we can't turn up a few candidates to be moderators.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."