Poll: Vote

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think King's Rest is a great dungeon, interesting and diverse trash and bosses.

There is just two things I would change:
    a) the little fear fuckers have to go
    b) a minute more on the timer

(best I have done so far is +12 in time)
    exactly my thoughts also....

i kinda like the dungeon, but i really don't go there often and my best is +9 in time, so i can't really talk about high lvl keys there. but this week i had the pleasure to run a bunch of it cuz i was helping boost my brother and few friends.....and ffs how lucky they were with those keys. we started with +2 KR and than ppl started to get +4, +6, +7....and since we were already there we did 4 in a row

and those little fear fukers with 1hp, especially the first huge group of 8 with a combo of Bursting is a interesting encounter :P

and also, if you get like 2 wipes, it becomes really hard to beat the timer so +2-3 mins would actually make a difference.

My overarching issue with KR is that the timer is out of alignment with all the other dungeons. Along the same lines, as someone else mentioned, it's basically one long hallway where you need a rogue or death run to not go over mob count since you can't really skip any mobs past the first two. If anything, they should just make the mob count require you to kill all the trash and adjust the timer accordingly, then at least you wouldn't have as rigid of a comp restraint to make the timer. Add on top the amount of non-avoidable damage on Tyrannical (specifically talking about the DoTs), it's pretty much the worst M+ dungeon in my book.

I've mentioned this before, but I think a dungeon like FH embodies what a key should be like: reasonable timer to complete with any group comp, with tons of ways to optimize your path based upon your group's strengths and weaknesses, where the affixes alter how you tackle things but don't absurdly increase the difficulty of the dungeon.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I've been in some super clean runs(2 deaths at the end), with some pretty good dps and missed the timer. It took me like 7 +10 runs before I got one in time, it's freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    so nice that he flies you like maybe a third or half the distance you would have to go. it's complete garbage compared to dungeons like freehold or waycrest manor that are full of shortcuts.

though i admit it probably feels worse than it actually is because it's one of the few dungeons you can't mount in, so if you are a DK or something it's extra fun for you.
    The last time my group wiped in there (last week), he flew us all the way to the bridge that leads to the zul "miniboss". Seems like *slightly* more than halfway to the council fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are so many bosses and trashpacks that are brokenly difficult under some affixes. Last boss in KR with tyrannical+grievous... Second boss in Shrine on tyrannical... Shitty AD pterodactyl packs on bursting (especially when also quaking/forti/grievous as well)... Pretty much whole TD during sanguine... I could go on. Blizz doesn't seem to care, we must deal with all this untuned shit.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-03-04 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think King's Rest is a great dungeon, interesting and diverse trash and bosses.

There is just two things I would change:
    a) the little fear fuckers have to go
    b) a minute more on the timer

(best I have done so far is +12 in time)
    That's about the only change I would do.
    Or have them unaffected by affixes, so they don't burst or anything like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's about the only change I would do.
    Or have them unaffected by affixes, so they don't burst or anything like that.
    Yeah, when you pretty much HAVE TO kill these shitters ASAP and bursting is bound to kill you. Really great game design
    Trust me I'm a BE priest. I have 2 ways to suicide on that pack while rest of the party is staying away... Tried to pain supp after mass dispel but the golem seems to be aggroed together with the small ones.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-03-04 at 06:12 PM.

Only thing they need to fix is the health pool of the council boss. Shit takes way too long even on Fortified. Also Shadow of Zul is pretty stupid on high Fortified.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all the dungeons probably can using some tuning or adjustments in places. There continues to be a huge disparity between them with little variation due to affixes. I'm fine with some dungeons being harder than others because of, say, Bursting. It's dumb though when the same few are always the easy ones and the same few are always the hard ones, regardless of what week it is. They should all be a little closer together and affixes should be the bigger influence on the "ranking" than the source dungeon itself.

So, yeah, King's Rest is no exception and there are probably a few things that need tweaked. At least a few things come to my mind. Also there are still things that bug out there how many months into the expansion (totems evading on third boss? delightful)

But man, y'all hating on King's Rest. It's proooobably my favourite m+! And comparing it unfavourably to Shrine! Fuck Shrine.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

King's rest is mostly fine, the gauntlet room after the 1st boss could use a siege style gong to make it go a bit faster and the 3rd bosses could have a tad less health, but otherwise it's ok. Shrine needs to be deleted. Waycrest should let you choose which path you want to go. Only thing i hate about M+ right now is the reliance on rogues. Survival hunters and ferals should get shroud to make them remotely viable. In tol'dagor after the first boss there should be a little interactable "abandoned set of keys" with 2 uses so you can open the locks, but rogues/blacksmiths/scribes are required to get the buffs.

i kinda like the dungeon, but i really don't go there often and my best is +9 in time, so i can't really talk about high lvl keys there. but this week i had the pleasure to run a bunch of it cuz i was helping boost my brother and few friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah, when you pretty much HAVE TO kill these shitters ASAP and bursting is bound to kill you. Really great game design
    Trust me I'm a BE priest. I have 2 ways to suicide on that pack while rest of the party is staying away... Tried to pain supp after mass dispel but the golem seems to be aggroed together with the small ones.
    Blood elf paladin here. It's more fun to run in with bubble up, and racial just to see "Missed" pop up several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think all the dungeons probably can using some tuning or adjustments in places. There continues to be a huge disparity between them with little variation due to affixes. I'm fine with some dungeons being harder than others because of, say, Bursting. It's dumb though when the same few are always the easy ones and the same few are always the hard ones, regardless of what week it is. They should all be a little closer together and affixes should be the bigger influence on the "ranking" than the source dungeon itself.

So, yeah, King's Rest is no exception and there are probably a few things that need tweaked. At least a few things come to my mind. Also there are still things that bug out there how many months into the expansion (totems evading on third boss? delightful)

But man, y'all hating on King's Rest. It's proooobably my favourite m+! And comparing it unfavourably to Shrine! Fuck Shrine.
    Oh I love King's Rest. My least favorite is Motherlode no matter what actually.

I just do agree there's some wonky parts, the fear adds especially being problematic with bursting.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Ofc it needs fixing. Just like Shrine of the Storm. The only problem is that Blizzard doesn't care about balance anymore. They only care about your money. Stop giving them money and may be then they will start caring about balance more.
    Couple things wrong with this.

First of all, if you stopped paying money they would (correctly, most likely) attribute it to other problems.

Second of all, Blizzard doesn't even ask why you quit anymore. I get the feeling they wouldn't really care, if they genuinely don't care now.

Lastly, a single person quitting (temporarily) is not going to upset Blizzard. Not even if you make a big "I'm quitting because Blizzard did something I disliked" post, which a lot of posters do to try and make their quitting feel more significant.

Now I'm not saying that Blizzard is in the right here, but "quitting" isn't going to make Blizzard adjust the game in the way you want. My advice is to reach out to them and keep letting them know that it's badly broken and really bugging you. All of this said, balancing mythic dungeons is probably very challenging, so I can understand why they would place it lower on a priority list than, say, high end raids being balanced, which is more of an endgame for most players than mythic+ is.

Let's be honest, too. Are you really going to permanently quit the game because a single mythic dungeon has a section that is very poorly tuned? Not even remotely likely. It's definitely an issue and things like this make the subscriber base take a hit, but it's not a permanent situation, it's more of a thing in that the game is less effective at retaining players than making them outright quit.

King's Rest is one of my favourite dungeons. It has a bit of everything to itself, from unforgiving trash on numerous affixes to decent boss encounters. It has a proper learning curve.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other than previous comments here, I feel the third boss could do with a slight nerf. At least in my experience it's probably the toughest M+ boss fight we have. It's like 5 minutes long on tyrannical, and a late wipe on a tight timer is pretty much a guaranteed key depletion.

Third boss also happens to be very buggy.

King's Rest has already had it's trash nerfed multiple times over, and it's bosses while on the more challenging side of the spectrum are far from being as hard as most of you guys claim.

It does need a timer increase though, as it remains incredibly overtuned compared to most dungeons there. The timer in there is the most unforgiving of any dungeon by a wide margin. They could also get rid of the zul at the end because they already nerfed it to the point where it's irrelevant, it's literally just a time sink to kill it on fort weeks. Other then that it just needs bug fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Other than previous comments here, I feel the third boss could do with a slight nerf. At least in my experience it's probably the toughest M+ boss fight we have. It's like 5 minutes long on tyrannical, and a late wipe on a tight timer is pretty much a guaranteed key depletion.

Third boss also happens to be very buggy.
    You only wipe on the 3rd boss if you fail mechanics. Otherwise you don't even have the numbers to beat the final boss. Obviously I'm not talking about totem bug which needs to be fixed and no amount of nerfing would make the glitch acceptable without completely ruining the entire fight.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-05 at 06:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could make some changes to the timer most of the trash is fine other than the mini-boss room and they really need to fix the whole getting entombed but just standing in place and being unable to act at all thing that can happen in the room with the 2nd boss while you are doing the big guys.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Ofc it needs fixing. Just like Shrine of the Storm. The only problem is that Blizzard doesn't care about balance anymore. They only care about your money. Stop giving them money and may be then they will start caring about balance more.
    Alright let's go down this rabbit hole, why do you THINK that KR or Shrine needs a "fix"?
    Last edited by Chillside; 2019-03-05 at 06:50 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Alright let's go down this rabbit hole, why do you THINK that KR or Shrine needs a "fix"?
    Having the lowest completion rates out of all dungeons should be a reason enough. When do you ever see someone go "fuck yeah, it's a Shrine key, I've been waiting for this all week"?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Having the lowest completion rates out of all dungeons should be a reason enough. When do you ever see someone go "fuck yeah, it's a Shrine key, I've been waiting for this all week"?
    So the fact that statistically speaking those two dungeons have lowest completion rate leads you to believe that those two need a fix, instead of... maybe rest of the absolute faceroll ones need a tune-up? no?

I like shrine for example, don't care about KR because there is nothing in the loot table from the instance that suits me