Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    These tokens are not supposed to be like argus tokens, argus tokens and broken shore tokens were mid and end of expansion catch ups.

this is not that, this is for alts leveling in islands to fill slots that are not taken by heirlooms.
    And that's the issue. For that case they are way too expensive OR too low. Just by leveling with IEs you will get around ~30-40 dubloons until you ding 120. Then spending that on items that are worse than items you could get by questing, significantly lower than items you get from world quests, not even talking about sinister crafted gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Honestly 282 isn't that bad.

If you've power leveld a low gear alt in IE's and dungeons, you'll be sat around 250 ilvl anyways come 120. Personally, I had quest gear and 5 TW 365 pieces people had traded me during leveling, mine came out at 286 IIRC as I hit 120.
    You can craft 340 gear. Normal dungeons drop 340, Heroics drop 355. World quest rewards quickly scale up to the 340~ range not long after you start improving your item level. TW (when available) drops 355 as well if I'm not mistaken, and you can buy some vendor pieces that are also close to that item level for about 25 badges each. Arathi and Darkshore rares drop 340. Completing a Warfront drops 340 or 355, depending on which Warfront you're doing.

282 isn't worth anything at this point in the game. It wasn't worth anything at the start of the expansion either, since Normals dropped 310 at level 120. If reports are accurate, they don't even have any unique models or anything else that would be an incentive to spend Doubloons on them.

Until stated otherwise, I'm going to assume 282 is a placeholder number or something like that, because it makes no sense at all to have anything below 320 right now. And even 320 is a low number, which I'm only using because of where the gear comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And that's the issue. For that case they are way too expensive OR too low. Just by leveling with IEs you will get around ~30-40 dubloons until you ding 120. Then spending that on items that are worse than items you could get by questing, significantly lower than items you get from world quests, not even talking about sinister crafted gear.
    your saying you get 1 level PER ISLAND? I call that abit BS.
    leveling my char alt i got 115 from leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

do this dubloon gear have a cool mog attached to it?

the item level does suck, but if there are mogs to be had that look cool then i'm in!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

282 on a level 120 character is terrible... The only advantage it confers is that you get to choose the slot to "upgrade" but you can also do that if you have a reasonable amount of gold and access to the auction house. It also fails to provide the one item type that this might be semi-useful for in leveling (weapons, off-hands, and shields).

This could be made sort of okay if it covered weapons/off-hands, as leveled alts will be coming out of Legion with artifact weapons that take up both slots automatically. It is difficult to replace the artifact quickly if the quest you complete gives a 1h and you have no off-hand, shield, second 1h, or whatever for the off slot. These could be improved to a purely leveling (and actually useful) item if they let you choose a way to fill in that blank slot and actually use upgrades you get while questing.

I assume there could be some transmog potential (maybe they pull from the pool of models used on existing IE mog?) but if they are intended to just be extra rolls at IE mog then just market them as that rather than BoA items for alts.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2019-03-05 at 01:34 PM.

they never delayed it, you are just drunk.
    Come on, guys. Read in context. It was a joke to begin with ("The executives will be given generous severance packages while all non executive employees will be executed in the streets"). I thought it was pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

there was other ways to get valor, so i was fine with it.
    and clearly you wernt? cause it is role agnostic...
    maybe just say "i dont like islands, scenarios."
    I didn't like scenarios. I did the 100 scenarios for achi and then stopped altogether. Probably because "role agnostic" actually meant "I hope to god you're not a healer because you'll slow me down".

Those tokens... yet another copy paste from previous expansion... have they outsourced their developers too?

10+ Year Old Account
    idk, lots of people do em while leveling, so making you able to get gear from them is fine, its not meant to be "MYTHIC WORLD FIRST GEAR!" Its supposed to be for people leveling alts through their with heirlooms.
    This actually sounds pretty fair, I missed this post before. You don't upgrade your gear at all when doing Expeditions, so maybe this gear is intended to plug the holes in gearing left over by not getting any quest rewards. Would explain why their item level at 120 is so low and useless. I'd still make it a bit cheaper though, if that's their purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

World of Cosmeticraft

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    This actually sounds pretty fair, I missed this post before. You don't upgrade your gear at all when doing Expeditions, so maybe this gear is intended to plug the holes in gearing left over by not getting any quest rewards. Would explain why their item level at 120 is so low and useless. I'd still make it a bit cheaper though, if that's their purpose.
    The price is too high for 1 piece of mediocre gear. Especially given the difficulty of getting dubloons. Once items were added for purchase with dubloons the droprate was nerfed a lot. Before the items were added I was getting dubloons about half the time, afterwards I was getting them about 10% of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Exactly.
    Heirlooms only fill so many slots, these fill the rest, and while leveling in islands you get NO GEAR so you start to become weaker and weaker, this fills that gap.

this is not meant for people who reach 120 to get a head start.

also 20 is pretty cheap for a SPECIFIC slot.

i can get 4-20 per run on my max level toon, and 4-6 on my leveling chars

imagine if every 5 dungeons instead of getting 1 piece per dungeon, you got 1 piece from 5 but it was a SPECIFIC SLOT of your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Seriously Blizzard just give up with islands already. They are flat out bad and crappy 282 gear isn't going to get people running them.

your saying you get 1 level PER ISLAND? I call that abit BS.
    leveling my char alt i got 115 from leveling.
    I have exactly 38 with leveling from 111 to 120 only with incursions and IE (21 expeditions exactly). I call getting 115 in that timeframe BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I have exactly 38 with leveling from 111 to 120 only with incursions and IE (21 expeditions exactly). I call getting 115 in that timeframe BS.
    Oh boy. Now we gonna get a graph and like 100 screenshots in the thread......

Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. 282 ilvl gear? That's barely higher than the gear that you finish questing in...Its got to be a typo, maybe 382 ilvl? But then you're barely below normal raid ilvl so I really don't know...
    It’s 282 ilvl gear for alts at level 111+. That’s not a bad increase to speed things up. The way I read it, this is also only for IEs and won’t affect open world, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s 282 ilvl gear for alts at level 111+. That’s not a bad increase to speed things up. The way I read it, this is also only for IEs and won’t affect open world, right?

....... Did you not read the full sentence or something?

The item level starts at 214 for level 111's and increases up to 282 for a level 120.
    They start at 214 which is fking trash. With heirloom upgrades coming with 8.1.5, These are a complete waste of dubloons no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh boy. Now we gonna get a graph and like 100 screenshots in the thread......
    Well yeah, it indeed crossed my mind to document another alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    the Million dollar question...when is the 8.2 patch going to be released?
    July 2nd is their target. This is when the FFXIV expansion comes out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Salt squad, do you use your brains... at all?

These tokens are for people that level through islands. End of story. It's better than doing same zone n-th time and you can grab some achiev and stuff to collect. But unlike questing you got no new gear, so there was problem after few levels, unless you mail some BoE from different char.

It's literally nothing like Timeless Isle, Tanaan or Argus tokens, which were intented to catch up for new raid as new max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    July 2nd is their target. This is when the FFXIV expansion comes out.
    July 2 match better as Azshara raid launch. 8.2 is probably end of May/early June.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-03-05 at 07:33 PM.

And why are the BoAs for level 111, and not for lvl 1 alts? Oh that's right Blizz doesnt get the game the they are making anymore.