Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Losing Millions of Dollars don't mean Jack? they may be lowering, But it's Still Highly Lucrative. Anthem is not doing well.
    K. Thx bye. Ignored forever.

Indeed. The bricking allegations are serious as fuck, and the situation is serious as fuck if it’s true.

Which is why I require serious as fuck proof before I believe jack squat of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    K. Thx bye. Ignored forever.
    Don't care about how Anthem isn't doing well and how Physical Sales in fact still matter especially on Console?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Doing any kind of speculation on the sales of Anthem just yet is flawed, as the Origin Premier window is still open. I personally haven’t bought the game yet, since my account is still active, but I sure as hell am going to the day the one month sub is over.

Edit: And even replying to szechuan is an act of futility, I didn’t even know he existed outside of the politics subforum to endlessly argue semantics and nonsense details.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Doing any kind of speculation on the sales of Anthem just yet is flawed.
    I disagree, Anthem seems like it's not doing well in the Console market, people keep saying Origin Premiere but that is a Service not a Game. Anthem Game Sales seem like they are in General are not doing well even if Origin is.

nonsense details.
    Nonsense like Physical Console Game Sales and Digital Console Game Sales?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-05 at 04:32 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Doing any kind of speculation on the sales of Anthem just yet is flawed, as the Origin Premier window is still open. I personally haven’t bought the game yet, since my account is still active, but I sure as hell am going to the day the one month sub is over.

Edit: And even replying to szechuan is an act of futility, I didn’t even know he existed outside of the politics subforum to endlessly argue semantics and nonsense details.
    Ignore and adding mmo-champion.com##.postbitignored.postbitim to my AdBlockPlus filter list has done wonders for my sanity when dealing with certain MMOC posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Pretty sure you're smart enough to take the same numbers and just cut the "Mobile" part to have a graph showing you just Boxed vs Digital. In the Global, it's like 3x more for the Digital sales than the Boxed sales.
    You're mixing in PC, Mobile and Console, it's not the same.
    That'll teach you not to make assumptions Ophenia :P

Pretty sure most people have him on ignore already. Adding nothing to the discussion (along with a few others) in a game they "arent interested in" yet continue to try to derail the thread. Remember those few pages last week where people were discussing the actual game and certain folk were missing or banned? Pepperidge farms remembers.

OT: Had the storm infinite frost shard bug yesterday. Thought it was my gear loadout but seems to be fair evidence its more of a bug. Will retest tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people in this thread have a really unhealthy obsession with a game they seem to hate so much.

I'm wondering how EA are going to judge success for Anthem considering some "sales" will have been eaten by Origin premier and others by the Nvidia RTX-20X0 offers. On that subject it must suck for people who bought 2080s about a month ago, since then Metro has been added to Anthem and Battlefield for the "free" bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Pretty sure most people have him on ignore already. Adding nothing to the discussion (along with a few others) in a game they "arent interested in" yet continue to try to derail the thread. Remember those few pages last week where people were discussing the actual game and certain folk were missing or banned? Pepperidge farms remembers.

OT: Had the storm infinite frost shard bug yesterday. Thought it was my gear loadout but seems to be fair evidence its more of a bug. Will retest tonight.
    Yep...

By the way... Live stream tomorrow to discuss upcoming patch notes at 3 CST. I expect a patch to drop Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm wondering how EA are going to judge success for Anthem considering some "sales" will have been eaten by Origin premier and others by the Nvidia RTX-20X0 offers. On that subject it must suck for people who bought 2080s about a month ago, since then Metro has been added to Anthem and Battlefield for the "free" bundle.
    Funny that people seem to conflate Origin as either sale or a loss sale for Anthem.

For every place we have numbers for Anthem has been on top for 2 weeks in a row. Digital has been really good apparently.

Digital has been really good apparently.
    Yet the majority of Console Gamers seem to still prefer Physical.

Considering EA has full access to our data, it shouldn’t be too hard. I would look at amount of Origin Premier subs added pre-Anthem launch (like mine), then see how many purchases of the game is made just before the subs run out, and they can probably always see how many of the Origin subs play Anthem as their only/prime game, and count those subs as «Anthem purchases» in their figures.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2019-03-05 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Typos

Considering EA has full access to our data, it shouldn’t be too hard. I would look at amount of Origin Premiers subs added pre-Anthem launch (like mine), then see how many purchases of the game is made just before the sub run out, and they can probably always see how many of the Origin subs play Anthem as their only/prime game, and count those subs as «Anthem purchases» in their figures.
    EA is probably going to have a crazy quarter with the Origin subs, Anthem sales, and Apex MTX... Maybe, just maybe they know how to make money.

That doesn't preclude them from making bad decisions (rushing games out) when it comes to studio direction.

Maybe, just maybe they know how to make money.
    Or Lose Money and Destroy Game Studios they buy out?

You're mixing in PC, Mobile and Console, it's not the same.

I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to understand Physical Sales matter especially on Consoles.
    So since you're being deliberately obtuse, how about:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2009/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ercent-digital

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...tipping-point/

I could go on. The writing is on the wall. Physical sales currently matter, but they have been trending downward every year vs digital which has been trending up. All evidence points to this trend continuing.

Anecdotally I'm part of that trend. I used to like hard copies, but now I just find them unnecessary wasteful clutter. I don't even remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a non-collector's edition version of a game, And I don't see myself ever doing so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    So since you're being deliberately obtuse, how about:
    I'm not.

I could go on. The writing is on the wall. Physical sales currently matter, but they have been trending downward every year vs digital which has been trending up. All evidence points to this trend continuing.
    Physical sales are on a downward trend yet the Majority of Console Gamers are Still Buying Physical.

Anecdotally I'm part of that trend. I used to like hard copies, but now I just find them unnecessary wasteful clutter. I don't even remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a non-collector's edition version of a game, And I don't see myself ever doing so in the future.
    Yet the majority of Console Gamers seem to still prefer Physical Games.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-05 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, let's be real - Anthem is going to underperform. People are already starting to see all the issues it has that were pointed out by reviewers.

Real question now is whether EAWare will grow a pair and do its best to turn this ship around or they will pull Andromeda with it and abandon it to die midway.

I hope they will have a case of sunken cost fallacy and decide to stick around enough for Bioware to fix its broken shit.