Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Okay. As long as you are committing to "He and his family that recorded him are too stupid to follow laws".
    There is a difference between being too stupid to understand something or not developed enough to understand something.

As an adult with a fully developed brain, you not grasping this concept would make you "too stupid to understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Did the point just go right over your head or are you being willfully ignorant?
    Hey. You said preteens couldn't understand this. Which means his aunt is also a preteen and too stupid to understand what was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    You're actually an idiot. I'm just going to save myself time and mental effort and block you. Have a good night.
    At least you admit you don't like thinking of what you advocate here. Especially when it turns out you have failed to practice the same zero tolerance policy you preach now. You did exactly the opposite. You didn't report a criminal you knew of personally, but helped hide the crimes and you defend those to this day. There's a word for that: hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    There is a difference between being too stupid to understand something or not developed enough to understand something.

As an adult with a fully developed brain, you not grasping this concept would make you "too stupid to understand."
    Again, apparently, his aunt is also a preteen too stupid to understand what happens when you get kicked out.

Man. I wonder why we prosecute anyone under 18 for any crime since they are too stupid to know what they did?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey. You said preteens couldn't understand this. Which means his aunt is also a preteen and too stupid to understand what was wrong.
    Willfully ignorant got it.

Willfully ignorant got it.
    Aww. Did I ruin your excuse for you by applying it to the person who was an adult and acted just as stupid? But she didn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Ignorance causes resentment towards any system or figure. None of this changes the fact that the kid wasn't taught right from wrong, now he's the one suffering from it. This context can be applied to many other situations, admittedly more so than this situation, where people play the victim role while being the cause of the problem, in far worse situations. Why should society suffer for willful disobedience or disrespect of others?

Removing this comment from the current topic at hand to make a side point here, but people causing the problem(s) should be the ones to suffer consequences, not the actual victims. Where is the line drawn? When is it appropriate to actually administer consequences beyond verbal warnings? Hypothetically if never taught appropriately, whether by parents/guardians or by "the system", is it reasonable to think someone will just become an upstanding citizen on their own some day?
    If the system is 'unfairly' punishing you for a minor crime, then that is going to cause resentment.

If you left the toilet seat up in the bathroom and your girlfriend slapped you across the face for it, you're not going to remember to put the seat down, you're going to get pissed at your girlfriend for reacting the way she did.

Now, if you show up drunk to an important family dinner, she takes you outside, and slaps you across the face, initially you might feel some anger toward her, but ultimately, you're going to realize you probably deserved it.

You'd have an easier time garnering sympathy from the first example as opposed to the second.

Not a perfect example, but something anyone should be able to wrap their head around.

On to your second point, who is the victim of this kid trying to sell his CDs in the mall exactly? Was he accosting customers the same way those cellphone providers do at kiosk in malls, or was he not paying his dollar bills to the mall, so he wasn't allowed to sell it there? In this situation, I have a hard time not seeing a kid getting man handled and smacked with a felony as the victim.

And what do we say? Well, that's the law of the land. Can't sell CDs in the mall, kiddo because that's the rule/law. He's also not going to understand the rule, hell, most people wouldn't. Your kid isn't even allowed to sell lemonade out in front of their house without a permit, but it's not like the cops are going to roll up three times, grab him/her by the wrist, and check to see if they have any outstanding warrants. Try explaining that to a child, who hasn't hit that jaded point of 'them's the rules' just yet, and they are going to have a hard time grasping it.

But, as you go through life, and see the consequences for your actions, showing up late for class and not getting credit, or clocking out early for work every day and losing your job, you'll quickly realize that the only way to function in society is to play by the ridiculous rule set, some that make sense and others that really don't. You don't need an authority figure to discipline you, life'll take care of it, you'll continue to develop, and if you don't make the cut, you'll become a Republican and spend the rest of your life blaming the illegals for all your problems.

Kidding on that last bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, apparently, his aunt is also a preteen too stupid to understand what happens when you get kicked out.

Man. I wonder why we prosecute anyone under 18 for any crime since they are too stupid to know what they did?
    His aunt was reacting emotionally to seeing her nephew being manhandled for a minor offense. You could clearly see she as distraught. She had a perfectly rational irrational maternal reaction to what she was witnessing. I guess you don't have them paternal, protect your offspring genes that most people do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aww. Did I ruin your excuse for you by applying it to the person who was an adult and acted just as stupid? But she didn't understand.
    What excuse? I never mentioned the aunt unless you really want to argue that a 12 year old is fully developed. Just saying some one is acting stupid doesn’t change biological fact.

Seriously, the person wasn't even defending the aunt. You just brought them in to try and shut down their point. You don't even realize how bad you are at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    That's fine. But I'd rather lose by not taking the bait, than lose by taking the bait. Passers can laugh all they want, and play similar lose - lose games by the way of their choosing.
    So you had time to post 3 times but not to show evidence of your claims. Oof.

What excuse? I never mentioned the aunt unless you really want to argue that a 12 year old is fully developed. Just saying some one is acting stupid doesn’t change biological fact.
    She also apparently couldn't understand this, especially not to teach him why he had been removed three times as you have fully cemented in on "His brain isn't fully developed and he can't possibly understand being asked to leave for doing something he wasn't supposed to multiple times". I wonder why she didn't do anything until the third strike.

But okay. Tell me what other things people with "not fully developed minds" can do since they can't understand it. Can he steal? Can he punch people in the mall? I mean, he can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So you had time to post 3 times but not to show evidence of your claims. Oof.
    Correct. If you think finding out who owns what % stock in whichever the private prison corporations are named, is faster than making 3 posts, then by all means, you go ahead and prove that implication. You can have the same choice, do that or forfeit. Sorry, to make it same situation for you; I don't care if you do it or not. Now, it's equal. Do it or quit.

Seriously, the person wasn't even defending the aunt. You just brought them in to try and shut down their point. You don't even realize how bad you are at this.
    She's just as much a part of it since people are going "why aren't you blaming the aunt?". But, I'm not falling on "too young to understand being asked to leave for doing this multiple times".

She also apparently couldn't understand this, especially not to teach him why he had been removed three times as you have fully cemented in on "His brain isn't fully developed and he can't possibly understand being asked to leave for doing something he wasn't supposed to multiple times". I wonder why she didn't do anything until the third strike.

But okay. Tell me what other things people with "not fully developed minds" can do since they can't understand it. Can he steal? Can he punch people in the mall? I mean, he can't understand.
    No, but at least one study shows the are more prone to. This isn't about letting them get away with it, it's about the punishment fitting the crime. How dense are you? Don't try to change the subject.

7+ Year Old Account

Again I never mentioned the aunt.

You should also really go back to school if you don’t understand the concept of children developing. I mean there’s a reason why kids aren’t charged as adults it really isn’t a hard thing to grasp.

No, but at least one study shows the are more prone to. This isn't about letting them get away with it, it's about the punishment fitting the crime. How dense are you? Don't try to change the subject.
    Except it is. If anyone gets the cops called on them for refusing to leave multiple times for selling things on private property, that's not surprising.

But here come the same child psychology experts that said this shit in the thread about the five kids who mugged and killed a person. So, I've already been informed that we can't punish kids for anything. And if they are too stupid to understand, how can they possibly learn since they can't understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Again I never mentioned the aunt.

You should also really go back to school if you don’t understand the concept of children developing. I mean there’s a reason why kids aren’t charged as adults it really isn’t a hard thing to grasp.
    No, please tell me what other crimes we can't punish kids for. We clearly can't teach them because their underdeveloped brains can't handle the concept of being asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    But if you were in her situation, where a young member of your family was getting fucked by an authority figure where there is a very real worst case scenario of "this racist cunt pulls a gun and shoots one or both of us", wouldn't you be a little frantic?
    yea that very rare scenario where the kid starts beating the shit out of the cop and the mom joins in. Yea totally a reasonable scenario that is very very real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    No, please tell me what other crimes we can't punish kids for. We clearly can't teach them because their underdeveloped brains can't handle the concept of being asked to leave.
    Cognitive thought isn’t developed until 12.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognition
    Cognition is "the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses". It encompasses many aspects of intellectual functions and processes such as attention, the formation of knowledge, memory and working memory, judgment and evaluation, reasoning and "computation", problem solving and decision making, comprehension and production of language. Cognitive processes use existing knowledge and generate new knowledge.
    Formal operational stage - Adolescence and Adulthood (12 years and on) - Logical use of symbols related to abstract concepts; Acquires flexibility in thinking as well as the capacities for abstract thinking and mental hypothesis testing; can consider possible alternatives in complex reasoning and problem solving.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Many of them own stocks in the private prison industry. Gotta keep steady flow of inmates for them, to get some of those delicious government contract bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Have you got any evidence of this? Or is it just something you're saying for effect without zero evidence? Just curious, Would be surprised if you could give any stats that actually say that (As a side note, It's not like I really care lol, I've just figured so many people talk absolute shit on these forums, why not just ask random people in random threads for any evidence ^^)
    Campaign contributions.

Total contributions split between parties.

Folks getting rich.

"PLN managing editor Alex Friedmann, who owns a small amount of CCA and GEO stock as an activist investor, which allows him to attend the companies’ annual shareholder meetings and file shareholder resolutions, requested and obtained a copy of GEO’s shareholder list at the company’s last annual meeting on April 29, 2015. [See: PLN, June 2015, p.56].

However, Florida law prohibits shareholders from selling or “otherwise distribut[ing]” any information or records obtained from the company for reasons that are not related to the proper purpose specified when requesting the records, with a fine of $5,000 applicable for violations of that provision. As a result, GEO Group’s shareholder list cannot be distributed without violating Florida law and incurring civil penalties.
    "

So while we can't see exactly who, we can follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Cognitive thought isn’t developed until 12.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognition
    Perfect, thank you. Even more evidence you can't also rehabilitate children if they can't be taught initially.

We should put people into stasis until they're 25 once they can start to understand I suppose.