Poll: Vote

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Shrine is far worse, reaping has too many caster adds. You'll have a group that doesn't know how to LoS them, then instantly get melted down by 30 grave bolts
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Considering that everything scales up infinitely, isn't it easier to just nerf those two to the common level? You can always get a better challenge by pushing higher keys.
    Yep, from a game developer standpoint it is easier, but it's the attitude that people have, literally anything that makes you use more than 5 of your character's abilities is difficult and needs a fix apparently

It doesn't need a fix, get over it

If it has lower completion levels it means that they didn't hit the tuning right. Dungeons should be fairly equal, with affixes and higher key levels granting them the additional difficulty. I mean by all accounts I'd agree with some of the other dungeons needing tuning to be harder as well. For an expansion where M+ supposedly guided Dungeon design more, it just feels strange to have a place like Atal'Dazar which is open and empty enough to simplify several affixes.
    I don't want to keep beating the dead horse here, but based on your forum join date you've probably done champion of the naaru and/or hand of a'dal questlines, those heroics were really far from being equally balanced, but guess what, noone was complaining, it was fine, it was part of the challenge.
    I get that, some people like to push raider.io score for some reason and a certain dungeon might be standing in their way when it comes to specific mechanics during specific affixes, but that's literally the least of a problem that game has right now

I don’t think I have done this place yet ..

But nothing was balanced back then. Balance wasn't a big part of design philosophy. Also I had a paladin tank so lol, TBC dungeons
    That's exactly what i mean, they threw all these new ideas at us in 2007 and eventhough it was nowhere near to being balanced, player experience on an individual level was incredibly fun ( and not because it was just different timeperiod ). You'd probably spend an hour or maybe more, trying to get a full group for botanica or something and then you'd have to get there, most people wouldn't have 280% flying obviously, some people didn't even know where the dungeon was, so sometimes it was a whole new challenge to get to the summoning stone, then you'd enter the dungeon, you'd have to deal with bugs, watch that backpeddling tauren warrior tank dying over and over again, because his game settings wasn't high enough to see the stuff on the ground he had to move out from, sometimes the group would disband and you'd have to start over again, but sometimes , after 20 wipes you'd still finish the damn thing and everyone has happy, even if they didn't get the item.
    Now, that blizzard is literally spoonfeeding EVERYBODY... as soon as something goes out of sync and becomes slightly more challenging than rest of the "same" content, these people just roll their sleeves up and start typing this utter nonsense how dungeon needs a fix because during reaping you can't interrupt that many ranged mobs and sometimes there is no LOS so you're screwed, how about get your shit togather and get the reaping when you do have a wall near you or something

Quote Originally Posted by peter92q View Post
    post your highest KR run in time
    Please dont react to trolls

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They should only remove the little shits that fear you and that have to be dispelled. They feel so out of place and basically they're just there so that you take certain classes.

Your poll is honestly pointless though. Of course you can always "fix" something, there's always room for improvement. If most people on this poll are gonna vote yes then it still won't mean that most people think that this dungeon is broken.
    If it's a magic effect then can't all healers dispel it? Unless it's a curse, disease, or poison then I catch your drift.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

KR is fine, just needs a bit of minor adjustments like making the Berserker dot not stackable and a 5% off the Spit gold debuff damage.

Shrine and KR are just unforgiving,but they are by no means impossible like some people claim. Missed a 17 timer this week by 13 seconds because WE fucked up and let a dps die during third boss. Just like we fucked up at 18 shrine by bringing an underperforming druid,which only left us with 3 minutes for last boss.

But if you are going to talk about nerfing these two dungeons,let's talk about buffing tol dagor and freehold. We literally carried a guildie on a 360 shaman through a 16 tdg and timed it. It's absurd how easy that dungeon is. Same with freehold,you can wipe two to three times and still make the timer.
    Last edited by Sinte; 2019-03-05 at 10:29 AM.

There are some issues with KR, but shrine is infintely worse.
    Shrine is close to impossible to time on most affixes, especially on fortified. It has insane amount of caster mobs which make reaping many times worse then in any other dungeons. Last boss takes too long to kill. Timer is tuned way too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ArCaN1St View Post
    There are some issues with KR, but shrine is infintely worse.
    Shrine is close to impossible to time on most affixes, especially on fortified. It has insane amount of caster mobs which make reaping many times worse then in any other dungeons. Last boss takes too long to kill. Timer is tuned way too hard.
    next level cringe

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If it's a magic effect then can't all healers dispel it? Unless it's a curse, disease, or poison then I catch your drift.
    Yeah but afaik only priests have a mass dispel (as well as all blood elfs).

Only issue with KR that the 3rd boss is way too long and severing axe does way too much damage.

Shrine is a million times worse because

1) All the little blobs and small mobs mixed with elites make the dungeon a night mare on every other affix. Sanguine, bolstering, bursting make this key basically unpuGable and a complete slog to get through

2) It is by far the most comp rigid dungeon where you need a rogue to skip the annoying packs and you need lots of short CD interrupts, so you need at least two melee.

3) The insane number of casters mobs make reaping a nightmare
    Last edited by dirtybrew; 2019-03-06 at 11:28 AM.

Before i proceed, let me clarify that i have no intention of being a dick here.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Only issue with KR that the 3rd boss is way too long and severing axe does way too much damage.
    Avoid the axes?

Shrine is a million times worse because

1) All the little blobs and small mobs mixed with elites make the dungeon a night mare on every otHer affix. Sanguine, bolstering, bolstering make this key basically unpuGable and a complete slog to get through
    1. Non-elite blobs apply bolstering to elite ones
    2. Don't have ape dps'ers with below 70 IQ ( Minibosses with non-elite humanoid packs after 1st boss, 2nd boss and the one inbetween... umm, don't aoe? )
    3. If you do have ape dps'ers and they manage to aoe burst those little ones down while elite caster ones end up standing in sanguine - vast majority of classes have an interrupt, save it for those situations.

2) It is by far the most comp rigid dungeon where you need a rogue to skip the annoying packs and you need lots of short CD interrupts, so you need at least two melee.
    1. Buy invis pots
    2. You absolutely don't need two melees, i'll go as far as saying that up to +16 it's completely doable as 3 casters

3) The insane number of casters mobs make reaping a nightmare
    Again, "pop" reaping when you have walls around
    It all comes down to:
    1. "booo hooo it's not as easy as freehold (for example)"
    2. "booo hooo i can't aoe for 10 seconds so i end up doing 17k dps instead of 28"
    3. "booo hooo i have to use some of the abilities that i don't generally use

Get thicker skin ffs

It's like getting into a friend's car and just start driving without even adjusting mirrors or something and then when you accidentally hit something, because you couldn't actually see it - complain that mirrors were out of place, it's your responsibility to be prepared

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Ofc it needs fixing. Just like Shrine of the Storm. The only problem is that Blizzard doesn't care about balance anymore. They only care about your money. Stop giving them money and may be then they will start caring about balance more.
    ...what?

On topic .. I think KR is fine, you don't really have a lot of options there, comparing to other dungeons it has fewer trash, the bosses are ok, on tyrannical i for one hate Aka'ali, other then that it's pretty long and boring.

Shrine is the worst by far.

Last week less than 8% of runs in Shrine made the timer vs 35% in King's Rest. The main issue in shrine is all the low health non elite mobs that interact badly with every affix.

There's obviously an issue where 2 dungeons at the same level, Shrine has 8% in time completion, Freehold 80%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post

Avoid the axes?
    Severing axe is not avoidable. It's a bleed cast on a random player. The axes that you have to avoid are called "Whirling Axe". You didn't even make it one sentence into your post without being a dick.

Avoid the axes?
    How? It's a targeted ability that deals insane damage over time, and the main reason a lot of groups use heroism on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Severing axe is not avoidable. It's a bleed cast on a random player. The axes that you have to avoid are called "Whirling Axe". You didn't even make it one sentence into your post without being a dick.
    I'm not sure whether you're trying to split hairs here or genuinely being an ape, but that bleeding debuff is completely fine as long as you don't get hit by whirling axe

Quote Originally Posted by NehmTH View Post
    How? It's a targeted ability that deals insane damage over time, and the main reason a lot of groups use heroism on that guy.
    He doesn't know the dungeon. Probably plays a DH dps and doesn't need to know any mechanics except eye beam.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure whether you're trying to split hairs here or genuinely being an ape, but that bleeding debuff is completely fine as long as you don't get hit by whirling axe
    Stop pretending you knew what it was before being corrected. Severing axe is the major challenge of the entire boss fight.

From a m+ boosting perspective:
    King's Rest could use some tuning for Fortified Weeks, because some of the trash is either just too long due to health pools or disproportinally deadly for the level of key.
    In Tyrannical however, it's honestly one of the better dungeons in terms of how easy it is to not screw up.