Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There is a humanitarian catastrophe at the border," Nielsen said. "We have seen an upswing of arrests at the border since moving a whole bunch of extra guards and military there, but I'm required to pretend that the number of arrests is somehow evidence of more people trying to cross, not the no-mercy enforcement Trump has applied. Also, we have reports of children ripped from their families, thrown in cages, forced to drink toilet water, some of them dying from neglect -- "

"Those are Trump's concentration camps," a Representative interrupted. "It's your people doing this."

"Oh shit," Nielsen said, frantically flipping ahead in her notes. "Um, there's thousands of reports of sexual abuse against children -- "

"Still your people," the same Rep said, "although that's been going on for years, it's been about once per week in the last three years and that's unacceptable."
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-03-06 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Congressional Testimony Megathread? This is a joke, right? Yeah, that’s not designed to suppress negative coverage at all...
    Get your tinfoil out, MMO-C is part of the deep state!

What do you think the C stands for? That's right. Clinton.

Uh oh, someone didn't stick to the script

At immigration hearing, Nielsen says cybersecurity could be US homeland's biggest threat

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen says the current cybersecurity threat is “blinking red” and is possibly the "highest threat that we face in the homeland."

Here's her exchange with Rep. John Katko:

Katko: With respect to cybersecurity, which I’m the ranking member of that subcommittee right now, there’s a bill that we’re going to be submitting next week that suggests and asks that a cybersecurity infrastructure advisory committee be created, similar to what we did with TSA in the ASAC committee. Are you familiar at all with that bill and are you — do you think that an advisory committee is necessary?

Nielsen: So, we’re happy to work with you on that. We do have a critical infrastructure advisory council already. But we have been looking into whether we need something that can focus more specifically on cyber, because it is a unique expertise, as you well know. So we are happy to continue to have our staff work with you on technical assistance on that.

Katko: And it’s fair to say that cybersecurity is probably one of the biggest threats to our country right now overall, and so the more we can have information flowing, going back and forth between the stakeholders, and Homeland Security, the better it’s going to be.

Nielsen: Yes, sir. I know it’s not the particular topic today but I will just say, as I have said before, the threat to cybersecurity is blinking red. It is absolutely one of, if not the highest, threat that we face in the homeland.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Uh oh, someone didn't stick to the script
    First of all, she's right.

Second of all, you're right. It makes a much harder sell for Trump to declare "national security lol" on the southern border to the point of defying Congress, and yet, doing nothing or next to nothing to stop his friend Putin from attacking the election again.

Which you think he'd be more concerned about, because Putin is not happy with his investment at all.

Completely forgot this was a thing so watching it from the beginning.

But yeah, she's not helping the administration's case at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Man, I heart a snippet of this on the way into work. I'm going to need to catch up on the highlights from her hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Congressional Testimony Megathread? This is a joke, right? Yeah, that’s not designed to suppress negative coverage at all...
    We talked to the mods about it and had it listed as a more generic name because of the sheer number of important hearings, both public and private, that will be taking place over the next month from Cohen's initial testimony. There's going to be a lot to go over, including Nielsen's testimony today as it relates to border wall, Trump's emergency declarations, and cyber security threats.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/voters...ld-trump-poll/

Remember how Republicans continue to try to portray Cohen as wholly unbelievable given his lies? Bad news, because there was a poll on this, actually.

Americans believe Michael Cohen in greater numbers than Donald Trump.

Whoops.
    I believe a toilet more than trump and both of them do nothing but eat and spew bullshit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I'm getting really fucking sick of the whole executive privilege thing getting cited by every Trump official when it hasn't formally been declared.

- - - Updated - - -

Source in the HIC reports that Cohen handed over the official documents relating to the Moscow tower deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Bombshell time.

The motherfucker had receipts
    . Cohen came through with his claims of having proof that White House counsel made edits to his written statements and therefore would have had knowledge and been directly involved in the lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Bombshell time.

The motherfucker had receipts
    . Cohen came through with his claims of having proof that White House counsel made edits to his written statements and therefore would have had knowledge and been directly involved in the lies.
    And this is why you don't work with a shady, self interested "fixer". Because they're shady enough to have the receipts when you abandon them and they turn on you for a better deal.

This should be interesting.

And this is why you don't work with a shady, self interested "fixer". Because they're shady enough to have the receipts when you abandon them and they turn on you for a better deal.

Which makes it more hilarious if it was true that Cohen approached Trump for a pardon and Trump decided to just throw him under the bus. There would have been negative backlash but now you have a desperate Cohen, the guy who knows where all the bodies are buried, bringing receipts, outing more names that Congress has now sent requests to, and just burning it all down.

I doubt this stems from being shady. I suspect covering one's ass is one of the first things they teach in law school.

Watching Nielsen squirm on the hot seat is amazing. She's stumbling over herself so fucking bad when grilled and is like a deer in headlights.

Watching Nielsen squirm on the hot seat is amazing. She's stumbling over herself so fucking bad when grilled and is like a deer in headlights.
    I thought this round wasn’t to be public =\

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Get your tinfoil out, MMO-C is part of the deep state!

What do you think the C stands for? That's right. Clinton.
    Then, would the O be Obama?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting really fucking sick of the whole executive privilege thing getting cited by every Trump official when it hasn't formally been declared.
    All "executive privilege" should warrant, anyway, is that the testimony be given in a closed session. It shouldn't be a way for the administration to refuse to cooperate at all. That's asinine.

Trump's a public servant, not a fucking God-King.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Then, would the O be Obama?
    “Massive Mindfuck Obama-Clinton” confirmed?? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    All "executive privilege" should warrant, anyway, is that the testimony be given in a closed session. It shouldn't be a way for the administration to refuse to cooperate at all. That's asinine.

Trump's a public servant, not a fucking God-King.
    Especially when the policy about executive privilege is that it actually has to be declared by the president and then correct workarounds done to get the info.

We've been constantly seeing "yeah any conversation I've ever had or will have is privileged so sorry" despite no formal declaration ever having been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when the policy about executive privilege is that it actually has to be declared by the president and then correct workarounds done to get the info.

We've been constantly seeing "yeah any conversation I've ever had or will have is privileged so sorry" despite no formal declaration ever having been made.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Trump pull a page from Michael Scott;

https://youtu.be/C-m3RtoguAQ?t=65

I had to turn off the Nielsen stuff due to how infuriating it was. No answers, no empathy, no information, no science, no facts. It 's just outright bullshit being spewed from her mouth and dehumanizing of immigrants.