Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    And the game wouldn’t exist without them. You can’t cater and pander to the fan base all the time, because, well... look where we are.
    If you think BfA is them catering to the fans you've been living under a rock.

Same flawed reasoning that they used when they somewhat recently justified the removal of Have Group, Will Travel summoning like a year ago. "If everyone can summon, the world feels unnecessary and small because they just go back and forth from the city to the raid. Now people will enjoy the world as they travel!" No, it doesn't work like that. Removing the summon means a warlock is almost a necessity in a raid group. People still log in exactly at raid time and ask for summons without moving an inch themselves. Removing travel portals means people will just go AFK and/or alt-tab to do something else during flights. You're not adding anything meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

This doesn't make any sense. You don't "find" or "fight" anything while you on FP or ship. And portals are exactly the same, only faster. It is not like portals are porting you to any arbitrary place. So, no, as long as we have any other auto-travel, removing portals only WASTES GAME TIME, not adds anything "interesting".
    I just thought of something - what if they DID do this? What if they actually found a way to make zones that we are traveling over engaging and exciting but not forcing us to really sit back and ignore one of the more boring-ish parts of the game. I would love an option to "instant dismount" wherever you are (get a parachute or whatever) and when you do you get an item called "call me back!" that lasts for 5 minutes then expires - you can do what you need to - hit that item and BOOM go back to your FP and where you were going. Thinking of this sort of like a drop ship / call back mechanic. I really feel like if there was engaging content in the world we are flying over since that's what they want us to "experience" in this "big world" why not FILL that world with things that make it feel big?!

I need more coffee....

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    If you think BfA is them catering to the fans you've been living under a rock.
    Did I say that? Read what I posted again and refer to the implication i.e. "look where we are".

(the answer is that they've catered to the player base before and look where it's got us)

Did I say that? Read what I posted again and refer to the implication i.e. "look where we are".

(the answer is that they've catered to the player base before and look where it's got us)
    You're wrong though, they don't listen to anyone other than themselves and their shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You're wrong though, they don't listen to anyone other than themselves and their shareholders.
    Hence why I'm glad that they do that. Catering to everything the player base wants would create and utter mess (and before you say it, yes, messier than this expansion allegedly is). They don't always make the correct decisions, but the decisions are theirs to make. It's their choice, their creative decisions, and that shouldn't be constantly influenced by what an ever changing and toxic community "wants" (or thinks they want). There's that old saying - if you don't like it, go else where.

Dang, only came to the comments to see what people think of the new beard. All i got was dumb asses whining about portals

Hence why I'm glad that they do that. Catering to everything the player base wants would create and utter mess (and before you say it, yes, messier than this expansion allegedly is). They don't always make the correct decisions, but the decisions are theirs to make. It's their choice, their creative decisions, and that shouldn't be constantly influenced by what an ever changing and toxic community "wants" (or thinks they want). There's that old saying - if you don't like it, go else where.
    It's not black and white, I never said they should listen to 100% of the playerbase all the time.
    Listneing to shareholders that only care about $$ and player retention is also trash.

The old saying - don't tell me what to do bucko.