Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off, we're full.

I've actually had a refugee shack up with me when I was living in an apartment 15 years ago. Yes, he was an actual legitimate refugee, as if he stepped back into his native country those in power would've executed him and anyone in his family on sight (he was part of the regime that got overthrown, lost both his parents during the coup). Gave him my bed and his own room, and he helped out with the food budget. I eventually helped him get his US citizenship, too. Ironically enough, he had similar experiences as seen in the video when trying to find a place to live, where people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk turned him down. Now, I don't think it's a surprise that I'm very against illegal immigration and the like (my refugee friend was of a similar mind), but I will absolutely help those who legally come into the country if possible.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I don’t want to take on that responsibility.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellectual dishonesty, the simple-minded person's tactic to achieve a "gotcha" moment when they have nothing of substance to argue with .

Also it's funny how every time some idiot cries about "virtue signaling" you can guarantee that it will be in a context where they themselves are pandering to their bigoted base. It has become nothing but a buzzword for conservatives to cry about regarding literally anything liberal-leaning that they don't agree with lol.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    I live near a synagogue (like a few hundred yards). I'm not Jewish. The synagogue does not bother me.

If a large number of Muslims decided to build a mosque across the street, that blared out the call to prayer every so often, that would irritate the Hell out of me. Of course, the same could be said for a church that rang its bells every hour throughout the day.

My neighbors are quiet. If I had someone move in beside me who threw loud parties outside every night, blasted music in their backyard everyday, etc. I would become very unhappy.

I think that's one of the reasons HOAs still manage to exist. People are afraid of the risk of their neighborhood's look and feel changing over time.
    I'm sure there are noise regulations for such occasions. I seem to recall an accident where some court has ruled prayer calls fall under freedom of religion but loudspeakers don't. Unfortunately, there's no such escape clause for church bells which have ruined many a Sunday morning beauty sleep for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Intellectual dishonesty, the simple-minded person's tactic to achieve a "gotcha" moment when they have nothing of substance to argue with .

Also it's funny how every time some idiot cries about "virtue signaling" you can guarantee that it will be in a context where they themselves are pandering to their bigoted base. It has become nothing but a buzzword for conservatives to cry about regarding literally anything liberal-leaning that they don't agree with lol.
    Yeah it’s a common tactic like Jay Leno’s Jaywalking walk up to random people and ask them questions while they are nervous so they give the most ignorant or stupid answers to make the viewers at home alongside the audience laugh and feel smart.

It’s a tactic way way way overdone.

Nerves plus fame = entertainment.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

not even if it was life or death.

i'd give them food and water, maybe money, call for medical aid if they needed it. but they wouldn't be staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm sure there are noise regulations for such occasions. I seem to recall an accident where some court has ruled prayer calls fall under freedom of religion but loudspeakers don't. Unfortunately, there's no such escape clause for church bells which have ruined many a Sunday morning beauty sleep for me.
    Regardless, the point still stands. People with vastly different cultures than yours moving into your neighborhood can really mess up your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Those Yemeni who came to South Korea were perfectly safe in Malaysia. They had already escaped the war zone.
    exactly, but malaysia has little to offer, but still even though MY is poor, life there is still better than in yemen (and its moslem too!!),
    thats not enough for those "refugees" tho.
    same for all those pseudo-refugees who cross multiple decent countries on their way to Germany for those merkel paychecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Taking in someone with a vastly incompatible culture and set of values who's likely to murder me in my sleep for being a kafir who does like the people of Lot? Sure, sounds like a brilliant idea. Might as well provide the stones while I'm at it.
    You honestly think a normal Muslim would murder you in your sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Why aren't the people who want to keep refugees and immigrants out standing at the border or airports to do their part?

You expect magic to keep them out?
    We expect CBP to keep them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You honestly think a "normal" Muslim would be a typical refugee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    people should be the change that they wish to see in the world.

--Mahatma Gandhi
    Everyone flocking to one part of the Earth is not any change that will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting to get tossed off a roof any day now .

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a snowballs chance in hell, my spare room will continue to be a storage room.

Yeah because 'normal' muslims are your typical refugee. If you wearing a burka or I know you're muslim I take a wide fucking berth I don't wanna get blown up or my nieces raped because its cool in the koran bruh.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-03-07 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in hell, my spare room will continue to be a storage room.

Yeah because 'normal' muslims are your typical refugee. If you wearing a burka or I know you're muslim I take a wide fucking berth I don't wanna get blown up.
    Again, so you think, for example, a Syrian refugee fleeing ISIS is just looking to come to Europe to murder some rando white boy in his sleep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, so you think, for example, a Syrian refugee fleeing ISIS is just looking to come to Europe to murder some rando white boy in his sleep?
    So you think I'm obligated to take that chance? Yes I do think it's a possibility especially if they're muslim these people refuse to assimilate to our culture. I won't take some rando commando twack job off the street and offer him a bed either though, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It depends on the refugee. If you somehow knew beyond a doubt that this refugee is a good person, there's no reason not to take them in.

If me and my family become refugees one day, I would hope someone would take us in.
    Unfortunately just being a refugee doesn't even make you a decent person. Plenty places in the world with shitty people doing shitty things to each other. Eventually one tribe gets the upper hand the losers are "refugees". The Nazis were refugees to South America as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

People in Stockholm (with subtitles) are asked about their perception of receiving refugees and whether they would accept one in their own home.

So question for people here; would you? Or would you just say you do in public without actually living up to your claim (virtue signalling)?
    Absolutely not..

But I would take him to the airport.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah because 'normal' muslims are your typical refugee. If you wearing a burka or I know you're muslim I take a wide fucking berth I don't wanna get blown up or my nieces raped because its cool in the koran bruh.
    Oh sweety, you flatter yourself far too much if you think with an attitude like yours Muslims or people in general would want anything to do with you either .

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that almost all of the refugees are male and Muslim, then no, never. I would consider it if it were fellow countrymen.