Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zanarika- View Post
    And? Being an enemy to the empire Racebends you? My point is that she's a Zandalari Troll and a Priestess if anything. She didn't become a Warlock in WoW from being forced into Hakkar's dominion but it somehow makes sense now.
    If you are an enemy to the empire, i dont think they will allow you inside of the city.

"hey guys im gunna make a zandalari troll!... why wont you let me in the city? so now what, i am hostile to horde and alliance?"

She was a zandalari priestess and became a warlock in wow, i dont think you actually remember how the place goes?
    summoning swarms of bats, fire spells, shadow spells...
    she does do the odd priest spell, but mostly warlock spells
    yeah...

"They made a zandalari the figurehead of the warlocks"
    cause she was a priest who became a warlock after joining the enemy, and then hunted down by zandalari
    "being an enemy to the empire racebends you"
    no but if you are an enemy to the empire, you cant exactly be a playable charecter now can you?

"Why cant i be a gnome on the horde!?"
    is gunna be your next question right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you are an enemy to the empire, i dont think they will allow you inside of the city.

"hey guys im gunna make a zandalari troll!... why wont you let me in the city? so now what, i am hostile to horde and alliance?"

She was a zandalari priestess and became a warlock in wow, i dont think you actually remember how the place goes?
    summoning swarms of bats, fire spells, shadow spells...
    she does do the odd priest spell, but mostly warlock spells
    yeah...

"They made a zandalari the figurehead of the warlocks"
    cause she was a priest who became a warlock after joining the enemy, and then hunted down by zandalari
    "being an enemy to the empire racebends you"
    no but if you are an enemy to the empire, you cant exactly be a playable charecter now can you?

"Why cant i be a gnome on the horde!?"
    is gunna be your next question right?
    According to Blizzard's own explanation of how Warlocks work, it is literally impossible for an entity such as Hakkar to turn you into a Warlock. If anything she's a blood/dark priestess.

Also, Warlocks aren't welcome amongst most races. Almost no society embraces Warlocks and they often practice the art away from everyone else or hidden in basements.

Warlocks are outcasts in almost every situation, the most recent Warlock choice for Horde, the Nightborne, don't even have ANY friendly or allied Warlocks amongst their rebellion but yet they are Playable. So, what's the logic.

According to Blizzard's own explanation of how Warlocks work, it is literally impossible for an entity such as Hakkar to turn you into a Warlock. If anything she's a blood/dark priestess.

Also, Warlocks aren't welcome amongst most races. Almost no society embraces Warlocks and they often practice the art away from everyone else or hidden in basements.

Warlocks are outcasts in almost every situation, the most recent Warlock choice for Horde, the Nightborne, don't even have ANY friendly or allied Warlocks amongst their rebellion but yet they are Playable. So, what's the logic.
    you do know jeklik in hearthstone is NOT and ACTUAL warlock right?
    nor is she in wow, just that she shares more with a warlock at that point.
    warlocks cover many things.
    also actually you are insanely incorrect, warlocks are embraced in orc culture, blood elf culture, and human culture.
    garrosh critised thrall for letting the warlocks practice so freely in the city.
    blood elves well... warlocks are sorta what saved them, the whole demon control thing for fel magic
    and humans, varian right out had warlock bodyguards.

maybe you should keep up with your lore? some of this is all the way back to TBC.

The nightborne make sense, fel magic is not illegal to them, they experiment with all kinds of magic, they are fine with corrupting magics, the issue was the demons and the legion enslaving them, so to get their revenge and enslave them is fine.
    there is tons of logic there, same reason orc warlocks, gnome, human, etc all exist, it is magic and they will use it, their races do not forbid it, or prevent it.

maghar cant be warlocks cause well... then they wouldnt be maghar
    draenei cant cause they wouldnt be draenei
    zandalari cant cause their current leader has literally made it illegal to be so, and those who do are exiled, like the zandalari warlocks we see in wow, who are outcasts because they became warlocks, as the zandalari do no want to associate with darker magics.
    why the jump to bwomsombdi, and the forced pact onto his daughter was such a huge leap, and who knows, maybe next expansion we may see em, but right now they are out of the picture. as the allied races blend in to the normal races, as the darkspear did. being a warlock was not really their thing, but they learned it from the orcs, as did the dwarves learn from the humans to be paladins, why their steed was the same until now.

5+ Year Old Account
    you do know jeklik in hearthstone is NOT and ACTUAL warlock right?
    nor is she in wow, just that she shares more with a warlock at that point.
    warlocks cover many things.
    also actually you are insanely incorrect, warlocks are embraced in orc culture, blood elf culture, and human culture.
    garrosh critised thrall for letting the warlocks practice so freely in the city.
    blood elves well... warlocks are sorta what saved them, the whole demon control thing for fel magic

maybe you should keep up with your lore? some of this is all the way back to TBC.

The nightborne make sense, fel magic is not illegal to them, they experiment with all kinds of magic, they are fine with corrupting magics, the issue was the demons and the legion enslaving them, so to get their revenge and enslave them is fine.
    there is tons of logic there, same reason orc warlocks, gnome, human, etc all exist, it is magic and they will use it, their races do not forbid it, or prevent it.

draenei cant cause they wouldnt be draenei
    zandalari cant cause their current leader has literally made it illegal to be so, and those who do are exiled, like the zandalari warlocks we see in wow, who are outcasts because they became warlocks, as the zandalari do no want to associate with darker magics.
    I'm literally saying she isn't a Warlock and that I find it dumb they used a Priestess as Warlock representation in Hearthstone when actual Troll Warlocks exist, what the actual heck.

You named 3 cultures that embrace the practice and that somehow makes it a majority. Ok.
    Also I'm aware of every fact you listed, but thanks.

Also no, Nightborne are not shown to appreciate magic practices associated to the legion. It literally shows that through questing in Suramar.

I'm literally saying she isn't a Warlock and that I find it dumb they used a Priestess as Warlock representation in Hearthstone when actual Troll Warlocks exist, what the actual heck.

You named 3 cultures that embrace the practice and that somehow makes it a majority. Ok.
    Also I'm aware of every fact you listed, but thanks.

Also no, Nightborne are not shown to appreciate magic practices associated to the legion. It literally shows that through questing in Suramar.
    because she is a well known one, and is prob one of the closers, also do remember the wow team and hearthstone team don't talk a whole hell of a ton, so they wont know about "random nobody warlock out in no where"

also i used those 3 as examples

but since you seem so intense over it.
    blood elves openly accept it
    dark iron openly accept it
    dwarves allow it
    gnomes allow it
    goblins openly accept it
    humans openly accept it
    nightborne openly accept it- and nah, you seem to forget the nightfallen literally used fel against the legion and suramar itself once in awhile, remember when you used fel to empower your bois? and again they like all things magic, they just didnt like being enslaved
    orcs openly accept it it
    darkspear trolls openly accept it
    undead openly accept it
    void elves openly accept it
    worgen openly allow it

all the races that can be warlocks allow warlocks, while 8 of them encourage it.
    zandalari DO NOT AT ALL want warlocks in their ranks.

5+ Year Old Account
    because she is a well known one, and is prob one of the closers, also do remember the wow team and hearthstone team don't talk a whole hell of a ton, so they wont know about "random nobody warlock out in no where"

also i used those 3 as examples

but since you seem so intense over it.
    blood elves openly accept it
    dark iron openly accept it
    dwarves allow it
    gnomes allow it
    goblins openly accept it
    humans openly accept it
    nightborne openly accept it- and nah, you seem to forget the nightfallen literally used fel against the legion and suramar itself once in awhile, remember when you used fel to empower your bois? and again they like all things magic, they just didnt like being enslaved
    orcs openly accept it it
    darkspear trolls openly accept it
    undead openly accept it
    void elves openly accept it
    worgen openly allow it

all the races that can be warlocks allow warlocks, while 8 of them encourage it.
    zandalari DO NOT AT ALL want warlocks in their ranks.
    Accepting and Encouraging aren't the same thing. Most races would still prefer not using it or seeing it used. They see it as a necessary evil.

The nightfallen are forced to use Fel in order to allow their ranks to be resistant against it. They don't literally practice the art or encourage its' practice. It's a mere tool of retaliation.

Also I forgot to comment it but I found it funny that you compared having Zandalari Warlocks to Gnomes in the Horde, that's a false equivalence if I've ever seen one, you're reaching for the freaking stars.

But mind you, I enjoy the outcast nature of the Warlock class. I play a Nightborne Warlock, it makes for great and enjoyable RP. I don't think not having a class available because it's socially frowned upon or disencouraged is right, specially when they exist in the lore, exist in the game and in the Zandalari case, existed in their society for a long time.

What people don't seem to understand is that Zandalari warlocks were a thing during the 1 year period before blizzcon (and even ON blizzcon) while paladins were not, and were only switched because Blizz saw an opportunity at giving the horde another paladin race, even tho they perfectly explained why zandalari paladins were not going to be a thing with Rezan being dead and prelates losing their main source of worship.

But let's tackle this from another angle.

Technically, every playable race COULD be every playable class as far as "this tauren learned how to use arcane magic" and stuff.
    BUT,
    Playable race-class combinations are related to the in-universe culture of any given race. That's why tauren mages are not a thing, because the tauren culture does not work with the arcane and other mage stuff.

There are only 2 classes that make literally no sense in this regard: Monks and Warlocks.

Monks are the "we learned this from pandas" class. They are basically ex-whatever class that switched to the Monk way via training. That's why i think only pandas should be monks (like only elves can be Dh's) but whatever, it's what it is now.
    Warlocks however are not accepted in almost any society or culture.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen, dark iron, orcs, trolls, blood elves and the nightborne all oppose "warlocks" and the fel in the traditional terms.
    Out of these races the only 3 that were related to any demon activities are orcs, blood elves and the nightborne.
    Orcs are the only race in-game that are given a lore reason why they can exist by Thrall literally stating he knows they're bad, but they're needed so they can stay in the drag.
    Blood elves and the nightborne being warlocks go heavily against their established hatred for the Burning Legion and demons in general.
    Goblins just simply don't care which is fine. Undead are culturally open to any kind of dark magic which is also fine.
    Trolls are the only race out of these that can use the 'tauren paladin' excuse, which is "they are only warlocks as a class, but in game they are witch doctors/hexxers" and are not referred to as warlocks, which is actually pretty accurate because you never see a darkspear warlock anywhere in-game.
    Void Elves are a narrative catastrophe, i won't comment on those.

The rest of the races plainly should not even be able to be a Warlock, as they had no previous contact with demons or the Burning Legion which is the exact same argument used against the Zandalari warlocks.

Here comes the twister: maybe being a Warlock is not even based on the fel or demon stuff?
    Yes, they can summon demons for gameplay reasons as a pet class, but if you actually look at a warlocks arsenal they have fire, shadow and death magic at their hands.
    None of which is associated with the fel necessarily, but more like forbidden spells/magic that are shunned by normal mages.
    If we use this logic we can see how alliance race warlocks make sense in the game. They are former casters who started dwelling in the forbidden arts.
    Which is pretty solid, as that is why they are not allowed into society and are forced to hide their magic/powers.

If we see warlocks this way, we can see how Zandalari warlocks make crazy amounts of sense. Almost none of the warlock races (except goblins and undead) allow warlocks into their 'culture' or allow them to roam in their main cities, they force them to hide and stuff. Zandalari would do the same.
    But also, the zandalari are the most versatile race there is on Azeroth: they are the oldest and they have witnessed everything that we know about as far as lore goes: old gods, 2 Burning Legion invasions, death, arcane, light, druidism, shamanism, whatever there is by simply being the most ancient race. A zandalari can learn and master whatever they set out to be.
    So by this logic it's only evident having Zandlari warlocks is normal, either going the demon route (undead, goblin) or the witch doctor route (darkspear trolls).

The argument that there are no Zandalari warlocks walking around Dazar'alor is flawed in every aspect:

Blizzard saying that they had no contact with the fel is simply impossible: the Zandalari survived TWO Burning Legion invasions, the second one supposedly being global.
    Simply by seeing how easily zandalari citizens convert to G'huun, it is not hard to imagine lots of zandalari actually joining the Burning Legion or learning about them to survive. They have an affinity with dealing in dark magics be it blood, death, voodoo and whatever.

Secondly, if you go into any major city you won't find Warlocks, worst offender here is Gilneas and the Worgen warlocks as their culture had literally nothing to do with neither the dark arts nor demons. The worgen curse is druidic in nature.

So there are two options that need to be more defined so that people can accept why the zandalari can't be warlocks:

Option A) is that being a warlock is a learnt thing and every race should be able to be one.

Option B) is to define what a warlock is in a society, what their role is in the culture and why that doesn't align with the zandalari and others like the tauren, because as of right now not many races have a clear reason to even support such a "class" in their culture unlike every other class.

Accepting and Encouraging aren't the same thing. Most races would still prefer not using it or seeing it used. They see it as a necessary evil.

The nightfallen are forced to use Fel in order to allow their ranks to be resistant against it. They don't literally practice the art or encourage its' practice. It's a mere tool of retaliation.

Also I forgot to comment it but I found it funny that you compared having Zandalari Warlocks to Gnomes in the Horde, that's a false equivalence if I've ever seen one, you're reaching for the freaking stars.

But mind you, I enjoy the outcast nature of the Warlock class. I play a Nightborne Warlock, it makes for great and enjoyable RP. I don't think not having a class available because it's socially frowned upon or disencouraged is right, specially when they exist in the lore, exist in the game and in the Zandalari case, existed in their society for a long time.
    The zandalari outlaw warlocks
    as do the horde outlaw gnomes
    how is that "reachign for the stars"
    but hey you are new here, i think the fastest ignore ive ever done
    "QUICKEST IGNORE IN THE WEST!" *Plays ol'western music*

it is literally as simple as that, and that you cant understand that is degrading.
    zandalari outlaw warlocks
    just like horde outlaw gnomes

there is a difference between "frowned upon" and "literally fucking illegal"
    cheating on your wife while frowned upon will not get you in jail.
    murdering her will, they are not on the same level, because they are both bad, one is illegal, and a crime, the other is just... bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What people don't seem to understand is that Zandalari warlocks were a thing during the 1 year period before blizzcon (and even ON blizzcon) while paladins were not, and were only switched because Blizz saw an opportunity at giving the horde another paladin race, even tho they perfectly explained why zandalari paladins were not going to be a thing with Rezan being dead and prelates losing their main source of worship.

But let's tackle this from another angle.

Technically, every playable race COULD be every playable class as far as "this tauren learned how to use arcane magic" and stuff.
    BUT,
    Playable race-class combinations are related to the in-universe culture of any given race. That's why tauren mages are not a thing, because the tauren culture does not work with the arcane and other mage stuff.

There are only 2 classes that make literally no sense in this regard: Monks and Warlocks.

Monks are the "we learned this from pandas" class. They are basically ex-whatever class that switched to the Monk way via training. That's why i think only pandas should be monks (like only elves can be Dh's) but whatever, it's what it is now.
    Warlocks however are not accepted in almost any society or culture.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen, dark iron, orcs, trolls, blood elves and the nightborne all oppose "warlocks" and the fel in the traditional terms.
    Out of these races the only 3 that were related to any demon activities are orcs, blood elves and the nightborne.
    Orcs are the only race in-game that are given a lore reason why they can exist by Thrall literally stating he knows they're bad, but they're needed so they can stay in the drag.
    Blood elves and the nightborne being warlocks go heavily against their established hatred for the Burning Legion and demons in general.
    Goblins just simply don't care which is fine. Undead are culturally open to any kind of dark magic which is also fine.
    Trolls are the only race out of these that can use the 'tauren paladin' excuse, which is "they are only warlocks as a class, but in game they are witch doctors/hexxers" and are not referred to as warlocks, which is actually pretty accurate because you never see a darkspear warlock anywhere in-game.
    Void Elves are a narrative catastrophe, i won't comment on those.

The rest of the races plainly should not even be able to be a Warlock, as they had no previous contact with demons or the Burning Legion which is the exact same argument used against the Zandalari warlocks.

Here comes the twister: maybe being a Warlock is not even based on the fel or demon stuff?
    Yes, they can summon demons for gameplay reasons as a pet class, but if you actually look at a warlocks arsenal they have fire, shadow and death magic at their hands.
    None of which is associated with the fel necessarily, but more like forbidden spells/magic that are shunned by normal mages.
    If we use this logic we can see how alliance race warlocks make sense in the game. They are former casters who started dwelling in the forbidden arts.
    Which is pretty solid, as that is why they are not allowed into society and are forced to hide their magic/powers.

If we see warlocks this way, we can see how Zandalari warlocks make crazy amounts of sense. Almost none of the warlock races (except goblins and undead) allow warlocks into their 'culture' or allow them to roam in their main cities, they force them to hide and stuff. Zandalari would do the same.
    But also, the zandalari are the most versatile race there is on Azeroth: they are the oldest and they have witnessed everything that we know about as far as lore goes: old gods, 2 Burning Legion invasions, death, arcane, light, druidism, shamanism, whatever there is by simply being the most ancient race. A zandalari can learn and master whatever they set out to be.
    So by this logic it's only evident having Zandlari warlocks is normal, either going the demon route (undead, goblin) or the witch doctor route (darkspear trolls).

The argument that there are no Zandalari warlocks walking around Dazar'alor is flawed in every aspect:

Blizzard saying that they had no contact with the fel is simply impossible: the Zandalari survived TWO Burning Legion invasions, the second one supposedly being global.
    Simply by seeing how easily zandalari citizens convert to G'huun, it is not hard to imagine lots of zandalari actually joining the Burning Legion or learning about them to survive. They have an affinity with dealing in dark magics be it blood, death, voodoo and whatever.

Secondly, if you go into any major city you won't find Warlocks, worst offender here is Gilneas and the Worgen warlocks as their culture had literally nothing to do with neither the dark arts nor demons. The worgen curse is druidic in nature.

So there are two options that need to be more defined so that people can accept why the zandalari can't be warlocks:

Option A) is that being a warlock is a learnt thing and every race should be able to be one.

Option B) is to define what a warlock is in a society, what their role is in the culture and why that doesn't align with the zandalari and others like the tauren, because as of right now not many races have a clear reason to even support such a "class" in their culture unlike every other class.
    That was a great read, thank you. I definitely agree with your perspective.

One thing that I believe limits the classes a lot is the lack of identity when it comes to the player character and their race. Every class looks the same no matter what and it makes it harder for people to actually visualize that cultural aspect of classes in their character. Having that difference between Orc and Troll Warlocks or Human and Tauren paladins would make the classes feel like they make much more sense for that particular character and would make it easier to visualize when it came to cultures that you feel might not fit that specific class.

I believe Blizzard did well with the Zandalari and Kul Tiran druids, but Kul tirans in particular, because of how the Thornspeakers are introduced. It makes the class feel different and fresh. It won't reflect on gameplay which is too bad but also understandable.

Regardless I feel like the cultural aspect should be further explored.

- - - Updated - - -

it is literally as simple as that, and that you cant understand that is degrading.

murdering her will, they are not on the same level, because they are both bad, one is illegal, and a crime, the other is just... bad.
    I'm not new though, I just didn't come here for ages so my account got deleted when they merged with curse, but you do you!

It's funny to see how people defend blizzards "reason".
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    its funny to see you and others make up conspiracy theories like how azeroth is flat and azerite is giving us hunter syndrome

so...blizzared removed zandalari locks? when was this?

- - - Updated - - -

its funny to see you and others make up conspiracy theories like how azeroth is flat and azerite is giving us hunter syndrome
    Do you play a hunter..or just a lock? :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    so...blizzared removed zandalari locks? when was this?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you play a hunter..or just a lock? :P
    lol i play warlock main but also played hunter for along time, cause pet classes!
    also played dk too.
    also when they were originally datamined they showed warlock, they also showed warlock at the bizzcon slide, but the paladin showed in neither, but did on the website, so it was a misspeak between the two.

lol i play warlock main but also played hunter for along time, cause pet classes!
    also played dk too.
    also when they were originally datamined they showed warlock, they also showed warlock at the bizzcon slide, but the paladin showed in neither, but did on the website, so it was a misspeak between the two.
    While I do think you use your words a little carelessly (Orcs do not encourage or support warlocks, "tolerate" is more appropriate), I do think that you are correct.

I think you put it best when you noted that races that do not have access to warlocks effectively DO NOT tolerate warlocks, not in any form. Either that, or they do not have cultures that are conducive to support such individuals like the Tauren or Night Elves. It also highlights how Demon Hunters are warlocks, but they're also warlocks that are hyper specialized AND represent an actual organization.

I guess if you broke it down you could say that there are, in fact, Kaldorei warlocks but none are represented under that society. It's what makes Demon Hunters so special, because the niche of Kaldorei that DID want to use demonic power to combat demons had to find a leader, and only under that specific leader in alliance to a non-Kaldorei leader (Anduin) did they find any solace. If the writers of the game had the time or initiative I'd be curious to see a political struggle in which Kaldorei society seeks to put their wayward kin back under their boot heels but... I digress.

As far as the Zandalari, yeah, it's about the same problem. If you're a Zandalari that starts practicing fel magic, and you're outed? You're not a Zandalari. You're a troll on Zandalar's isles that's either going to be executed or you're banished. That means that the game developers are indicating that either there's not enough substantial cultural fabric to sustain Zandalari warlocks OR that the Zandalari Empire, as allied to the Horde, would not tolerate your presence or acknowledge you as a citizen of the kingdom.

Anyway, cheers~

I've no idea where people keep getting the whole notion of "lol Zandalari ban dark magic and execute or exile those who use it"

lmfao what, they're scholars, seekers of knowledge and proud defenders of their home, they do anything to protect their home, the only dark magic they've banned is blood magic due to how much it has f**ked them in the past because of Hakkar and G'huun.

Voodoo has been used in good and bad ways by the Zandalari, voodoo is extremely versatile. While it can make creatures fall in love and turn unholy magic against itself, it can also resurrect the dead, enslave or trap spirits among many other things. The Zandalari are the ones that literally perfected voodoo magic and it would not surprise me if they even created it in the first place, perhaps with the help of the loa.

Not only that, the Zandalari are masters of shadow (or "void") magic, to the point where they can combine it with arcane magic as said in dailies on the Isle of Thunder, which made the elves there mightily impressed. Only one other race has been described in lore as having been able to "combine void and arcane magic", the High Arakkoa during the height of their power.

There is no reason why they wouldn't learn about demons and the fel and use that knowledge by utilising both to help defend their home, basically what demoniacs did in vanilla, so why ditch it when ditching it makes 0 sense.

And then if you look at the warlock spell kit (and even their class description), it goes to say that warlocks are masters at using fire and shadow magic, both of which the Zandalari mastered millennia ago. And demoniacs clearly prove that they also have the power to control demons. So in the end they've got all the means to be warlocks but Blizzard decided to throw it all away.

So yes, they should have warlocks. Removing them was a very stupid decision and one that will always sadden me because I had planned on making a Zandalari warlock just like several of my friends had.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    I've no idea where people keep getting the whole notion of "lol Zandalari ban dark magic and execute or exile those who use it"

lmfao what, they're scholars, seekers of knowledge and proud defenders of their home, they do anything to protect their home, the only dark magic they've banned is blood magic due to how much it has f**ked them in the past because of Hakkar and G'huun.

Voodoo has been used in good and bad ways by the Zandalari, voodoo is extremely versatile. While it can make creatures fall in love and turn unholy magic against itself, it can also resurrect the dead, enslave or trap spirits among many other things. The Zandalari are the ones that literally perfected voodoo magic and it would not surprise me if they even created it in the first place, perhaps with the help of the loa.

Not only that, the Zandalari are masters of shadow (or "void") magic, to the point where they can combine it with arcane magic as said in dailies on the Isle of Thunder, which made the elves there mightily impressed. Only one other race has been described in lore as having been able to "combine void and arcane magic", the High Arakkoa during the height of their power.

There is no reason why they wouldn't learn about demons and the fel and use that knowledge by utilising both to help defend their home, basically what demoniacs did in vanilla, so why ditch it when ditching it makes 0 sense.

And then if you look at the warlock spell kit (and even their class description), it goes to say that warlocks are masters at using fire and shadow magic, both of which the Zandalari mastered millennia ago. And demoniacs clearly prove that they also have the power to control demons. So in the end they've got all the means to be warlocks but Blizzard decided to throw it all away.

So yes, they should have warlocks. Removing them was a very stupid decision and one that will always sadden me because I had planned on making a Zandalari warlock just like several of my friends had.
    You're absolutely correct. We see many Zandalari using the dark arts in the name of the empire, I always recall that one NPC in Warport Rastari (Goodness gracious forgive me but I cannot remember his name) who clearly uses shadow/void magic, the Zandalari Hexxers in one of the ships you take over in the Alliance campaign, Witch Doctor Kejabu and others. I haven't found in the city or anywhere else any evidence that Shadow magic is actively shunned, the same goes for Fel.

Generally speaking it always comes down to practices associated with Blood Magic. I've also seen the argument that you don't see Warlocks in Zuldazar but the same can be said for Monks, hell, even Mages are underrepresented, their only "proof" of existence being the Arcanitals you see in the lower areas of the city.

Excluding Warlocks from the equation was in my opinion a mistake, there is no reason Zandalari shouldn't automatically be every Vanilla class, which they already had an equivalent of, plus Monks. If it makes sense for a race, I don't see why they shouldn't have a huge amount of classes, specially such a versatile race as the Zandalari. If they gave them 10 classes they would be having about as many as the Darkspears, the only difference being Paladins and Death Knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    It makes absolutely no sense and seemed like they just had to quickly make up something to shut people up. Completely ignored established Lore. That reason was no better than saying "We're not giving you Warlocks just 'cause" and that's honestly quite sad...

but there's 0 reason for the zandalari to have outlawed fel use.

their culture never worshipped demons, they summoned them and bound them for power. given that zandalari see their selves as the superior race, masters of all, there's no reason they should fear and outlaw fel, because they would see their selves as perfectly capable of mastering it.

the loa have no reason to hate fel, either. fel isn't inherently evil, it's just inherently incredibly destructive.

7+ Year Old Account
    they aren't? especially orcs, they work in the shadows, away from the civilization, only thrall and a few knew about then, because Thrall need their power
    nop, he critic thrall because he let then work in his nose.

and after the kael betray, and the sunwell restored with more inclination to the light they would not be a fan of warlocks

this don't mean its a freely and embraced practice among the humans;

they would be, they just are 100% against it.

zandalari cant cause their current leader has literally made it illegal to be so,

[citation needed]

and those who do are exiled, like the zandalari warlocks we see in wow, who are outcasts because they became warlocks,
    where its said they are exiled because they were warlocks?
    as the zandalari do no want to associate with darker magics.

[citation needed]

Again, the only reason why they aren't, its because blizzard don't want too, not because they didn't make sense, people complaint because they are too much classes, blizzard picked one and removed, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because Blizz's original ideology was that no race would have access to more than 6 of the classes. They looked at blood elves. Had to give them paladins cause that was a selling point. Had to give them the clothies cause magic is their shtick. Had to give them hunters cause farstriders. So they were left with "do we give them rogues or warriors?" Dunno if it was a coin toss or not, but rogue won.

Humans are same answer.
    Easy solution was to not give blood elves priests. Mage / warlock sure. They could just explained it that all the priesthood left became blood knights, since they lost sunwell and swapped to channeling M'uru as the source of light. That was in the world where not 90% of the races had priests btw, Gnomes & Tauren didn't (so didn't Orcs and they don't to this day, however Mag'har do... logic). It was Cata when they started loosening the class / race restrictions.

Also I still dunno why when they added Gnome Hunters they didn't give Horde extra class / race combo for parity sake.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but there's 0 reason for the zandalari to have outlawed fel use.
    Well, looking from their perspective:

The last time they saw relevant use of Fel magic was when the Burning Legion invaded ancient Kalimdor, which resulted in the Sundering, from which Zandalar escaped only because of a increndible magical barrier they had to make. Sadly, they didn't have enough time to protect the surrounding lands with the shield.

Nowadays, they live in a extremely religious society, where they worship powerful Nature beings and some Zandalari devouts are even capable of wielding Holy (and, by logic, Shadow) magicks thanks to their faith.

Can you imagine what the use of Fel means in such society? Such practiccioner not only thinks that sacrificial magic such as Fel is a better tool than the Loa's gifts, but also is willing to consume souls from their sacred land to power him/herself. They know that some Loas like Hakkar, or some tribes like the Nazmir folks, like similarly sacrificial magic, and they aren't very friendly with such beings.

Fel is too dangerous for the trolls and the divine Loa, and such, by law this school of magic should be forbidden to be learned by Zandalari Trolls.