Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    IDK I wouldn't really make that comparison, those games didn't really offer what most people seems to be looking for. The cherished server communities and the opportunity to be part of that community, which sadly have been long gone. It's pretty much the wish to play a true MMORPG again.
    I can understand your point as well to an extent. I'm just breaking it down to the acute almost chemical high that people are looking for or dragon they're chasing if that makes sense. It's like all these dogs have been trained a certain way now so once you get grouped with the "now" types you might find that they don't have the same resolute resilience to see harder tasks through than we use to in Vanilla ie. we need to slow down and CC, communicate, walk to this destination, get on a boat, have reagents ahead of time, ok we'll wait for you to get attuned etc. A great example currently is how (as a horde) you can be in a Daz'alor group and invite new people to the raid that are literally in Zul'Dazar and you immediately get (with clearly no Warlock in raid) "Summon plz" and when you say "yea no lock please run" they are so. damn. lazy. and entitled. they leave group. Those are the kind of people that I can't imagine lasting a second in Classic which unfortunately is a large portion of the current player base which if anything has been clear, the majority is who Blizz caters to and not the small minority that want things to be more difficult and genuine. I'll wait and see how long before they start making "minor" quality of life changes to Classic to appease the masses.

Im quite hyped and happy. Havent been hyped over a video game for many years now.
    Cant wait for it to release (hopefully sooner than later during summer ).
    I just want to play it, not hardcore, just play when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Classic will be Vanilla easy mode designed to milk people who never got to raid back in the day. It will not be Vanilla. It might be a fun game, but Classic will be it's own game. The kind of people who will play Classic are usually the kind of people I don't enjoy playing games with. If I play it will be to gank as many scrubs as possible and camp them until they quit the game or their life.
    Wtf is wrong with you?

The one with the problem is evidently you, and I'm referring serious psychological issues.

I am excited with it, bet we have heard nothing about it since Blizzcon. I am afraid they are going to end up pushing the release date back.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends what mood I am in , some days I feel hyped other days I am just like 'meh' lol

I have never been behind the whole Classic server thing, my position was always "I don;t care if Blizzard don;t do Classic servers but if they do I will give them a go" I always had that curious mentality about Classic WoW. I lived Vanilla WoW so I didn;t really care if it was never going to happen.

When Classic WoW got announced I was actually quite excited, more excited for seeing everyone else excited really.

My main reason for playing WoW Classic is nostalgia. I aint gonna beat around the bush, most people tend to deny that nostalgia be the reason they want to return to vanilla, for me its very much that reason. The same reason I like digging out my N64 once every 2 years to play old games. Vanilla WoW isnt something you can dig out again and play, It;s gone forever, so having it return kind of peaks my interest.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you?

The one with the problem is evidently you, and I'm referring serious psychological issues.
    Tell yourself what you want to champ.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not nearly as enthused as I was at first announcement.

They are modifying the new client and recreating the experience. This is not what I want.
    It is too early to tell but I am doubting it will be true to vanilla. The last announcement gave me a pretty firm impression that this will be Frankenvanilla.

I wonder if things like the portal blocked by a gate in Winterspring or the portal in the waters of Azshara will still be there. I know it may seem minor but if stuff like that is missing, it might just be a deal breaker for me. I was hardcore for vanilla and would like to abandon BfA till next expansion. I have no reason to log on any more and would cancel sub if it wasn't for Zandalar race finally becoming available on the 12th.

I am really hoping they maintain the old graphics and look but I don't think it will be true to vanilla. A damn shame blizz can't seem to do what small teams of novices do on private servers. But, it is too early to bash Blizz yet.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all out hopeful for classic, I'm getting some time off just to play it and I'm really excited to be able to play it again, it's like having a second chance.

Usually when I'm this excited, something tells me that I may have a bad time and some if not all of my expectations will be frustrated.

If Classic don't work out, it will be a shame, it's the last straw of respect I have left for Blizzard, and basically if they screw this up, they will be a dead company to me, at least as a customer.

I will always love Warcraft S2 thou.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Chief among them; phasing. As cool as the concept seemed during Wrath of the Lich King, it's been made abundantly clear that it's been detrimental to the game. Temporary "cut-scenes" are one thing, but when I recently tried to level a Dark Iron with my father, we found ourselves barely able to even play together due to the insane amount of phasing that happens.
    ??? just fucking party up dude lmfao.

Indifferent. Even if the game itself might be good, the players will ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    what's with chat system that makes you wary?
    The ability to mass report players and effectly shut them out of chat for a period of time seems like a nasty toy for people to have.

I'm sitting on 50/50 hype and wariness. I'm thrilled Classic is coming back, but I'm worried about them making too many changes that will ruin the original feel of the game. I'm one of the few people that was actually an adult when WoW released and enjoyed it thoroughly for many reasons. With Blizzard's current mindset, I fearful they will make too many minor changes that will ruin the real 'feel' of Classic. Sometimes small bugs, balance problems, and engine limitations actually become part of the feel of the game. The fact it's built on the current WoW engine might be a huge issue and could introduce new bugs. It could be a huge mess that ends up being nothing like what Classic actually was. If it's good and like Classic actually was, I'll put a few hundred hours into it. If it isn't, then I'll probably get 1 character to 60 and jump ship.

Not interested in the slightest

Biggest concern of mine is the new server infrastructure Blizzard uses for their WoW servers. It laggs insanely bad in large scale PvP battles. would make classic WoW terrible to play

Classic will be Vanilla easy mode designed to milk people who never got to raid back in the day. It will not be Vanilla. It might be a fun game, but Classic will be it's own game. The kind of people who will play Classic are usually the kind of people I don't enjoy playing games with. If I play it will be to gank as many scrubs as possible and camp them until they quit the game or their life.
    Seek mental help, please.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    ah so you are the guy on video games without a mic that no one likes to play with. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Hehalol View Post
    ah so you are the guy on video games without a mic that no one likes to play with. Got it
    I'm the guy on video games that communicates concisely and effectively while the others are busy flirting and taking screenshots to upload.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel rather meh about it....kinda like a been there done that sort of thing. Only two reasons I may go back is to play oldschool Shadow....kinda miss when it was a more support based spec....and to perhaps try 2H Enhancement PvP, I didn't really get into Shaman till BC and it was made DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Keep in mind you played a demo, and it literally was something they threw together last minute. Many things that were there will not be in Classic, and many more will be adjusted properly.

As far as sharding goes, if live is any indication it won't completely stop the lag and because of the old tag rules you will still be waiting in line. More than likely most players will be roughly in the same area you are.

Now if Blizzard holds to their word, sharding won't last past the starting areas and the first couple of weeks, mainly enough time to let players spread out a bit and let the madness calm down. While I understand wanting that feeling of seeing everyone, you aren't really talking about a bit of lag and a couple minute wait without sharding ( or a crap ton of servers), you are talking thousands of people all trying to log in and trying to kill those same kobold. Now I'm not sure if you ever been around for the opening of a new private server, but if you haven't its basically the same thing, and there is nothing nostalgic or fun about it. Its just flat out horrible and basically unplayable.

Now if they never turn sharding off, then yeah we have an issue and even most people that can at least understand their dilemma will not be so forgiving in that case.

Oh and I'm looking forward too it. I miss that older style of MMO before everything was all nice and tidy and everything worked and was balanced.
    And so it begins. You dont really think the demo was something they threw together in a rush do you? I love these pre-excuse posts / threads, where people start to defend faults / flaws in a product. Anthem had a lot of defenders as well, who swore black and blue it was going to be an amazing product. At this point, i suspect it has more defenders than players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for all the "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU GUYS THINKING" posts once it drops.

And the subequent drop in MAU's 30/60/90 days into it being live

And the eventual announcement of "We're merging Classic Servers"

And the eventual "We have decided to shut down Classic, it just isn't profitable enough"
    Last edited by SinR; 2019-03-07 at 10:06 PM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything